Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmilerBam

The way we hit Madrid with the directness and sometimes long balls reminded me of the 2-6 Clasico.

Yeah, actually that is what i was thinking too. Keeping the proportions, because individually, we ha a much better team then, this game is i think a reminder to the whole world that we are getting back where we belong. To the top.

vegitot

He has been devastating, like when he was player from 2008-2011.

Finally a great coach since EV.

[tw]1505667578743693319[/tw]

suckabov

Lemon curry?
My all-time favourite player and now the (unexpected?) hero we needed. For him to not only return to us as manager but also emulate some of that 08/09 Pep raw enthusiasm in relatively short amount of time is just amazing. Felt a bit meh about football in the past two years, which had to do with the pandemic and the state of Barca as well, but I'm finally excited to watch our games again.

ajnotkeith

Hardly anyone gets injured anymore. Half the squad used to pick up knocks every game.

Something changed for the better in physical preparation.

iniestaGOAT

Hardly anyone gets injured anymore. Half the squad used to pick up knocks every game.

We only need Fati to live up to his potential now and stop getting injrued too and we got La liga on lock for next 10 years like the last 10 years or so

MTL_Barca

Having a full squad, and most importantly some actual forwards makes a huge difference compared to his first games.

Really liking what Xavis football shapes up to be now. Still a long way to go to show it consistently but things are looking pretty good atm.

Now if only Fati was healthy too.

khaled_a_d

One thing I like about him, is that we are a bit turning into bullies.
Like those fouls early in the game during RM counters, the whole team isn't playing it cute anymore.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

Xavi will be the closest thing to Pep as a coach from our club, we'll ever see

Where are those who wanted Cowman to stay? Where are those who supported him when he should've got fired at the end of the last season? Yes, I'm talking to you Jamdav, aka always supports the wrong coaches/players, Horatio, a hard-core Cowman supporter, Birdy, Joan, Vegainatut, etc. Even a good poster like Khaled_a_d got it wrong.

Others understandably wanted Xavi to come after some seniors leave like Messi and cos.

Some of us posted about him long ago: I_bleed_blaugrana, serghei, fergus90, Reketa10, Bobo32, FCBarca, and a few more. = WIN

Messi983

Yeah, surely this team is much better prepared than they were 2-3 months ago, both physically and mentally.

Xavi apparently used a two weeks break with no games (end of January/start of February) in La Liga to have a mini preseason with the team. Our form has picked up right after that, starting with the Atletico game. Obviously still had some hickups like Espanyol away but were on the way up since then.

New signings clearly helped a lot as well but it was just building a momentum from that point. I wonder how important that late LDJ goal was to keep up a good morale in the team. Now I'm sure this team is mentally strong enough to overcome a potential loss (hope it won't happen though) but we all know how media/fans are, every time we don't win it's almost like the end of the world.

Windhook

I'm amazed by our form recently. I had patience reserved for Xavi at least two season in the future as it's not an easy task to work with a demolished mentally FC Barcelona. Exceptional job Xavi's done so far. Thank you, man! I'll keep the picture of ruined Ancelotti sitting on the bench in my mind for a long time.

serghei

Barca fans have been patient enough for a team that is in it's 3rd year without winning Liga tbh. More than I thought tbh

We won Copa last season and bottled the league vs Granada and Levante, now we have a chance to win EL. Somehow we can add a title even in rebuild.

Not to mention being one of the most fun teams to watch at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans