Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Laporta returning to the club based on merit, with not a lot to show for.
Xavi returning to the club based on what he achieved as a player, with not a lot to show for after his retirement.

Not saying Laporta and Xavi will be automatic failures. But I really hope they have other ideas other than "we're going back to the style that used to work".

On paper we're putting all eggs into the 'back to 2008'-basket.

Not a bad basket to put your faith in, much less eggs

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It is inevitable he arrives and I absolutely believe sooner is better than later - he should know early so that he can be involved with discussions on player movements as well

There are no guarantees in life but equipping yourself as best as possible. What Xavi lacks in coaching/management experience, is shared by the greatest coach of our generation who is also a Catalan La Masia midfielder + blaugrana through & through

I only am confident that we will need to buckle up once again with Xavi as our coach, beautiful winning football will be returning

April last year

Gari

FOW4Y0OXIAIM55V

KingLeo10

Another underrated fact about him is that we have a guy on our sidelines whose sheer presence (because of his GOAT or GOAT tier midfielder status) is crushing. I can really only say that about ZZ among recent managers.

I mean this is a guy who was one of the 2 selections from Barca on the all-time Ballon D'Or first XI.

Xtroverto

It is obviously way more difficult for Xavi in Qatar than it was for Guardiola in Barcelona B, while Guardiola faced off with regional managers the likes you have never heard of in a league completely comparable with the English Conference. Xavi is facing of with high level managers in Qatar only there because of ridiculous salaries, guys like Laurent Blanc who won the French league with both PSG and Bordeaux and coached the French national team in Euro 2012. Please name one single manager that Guardiola had to deal with in Tercera Division even worthy of carrying the water bottles for Larent Blancs team.

Some of the managers Xavi had to beat to win the Qatar league last season when he finished with 19 wins and 3 draws

Laurent Blanc (French 1 division champion 4 times with Boreaux and PSG)
Slavi?a Jokanović (Watford, Fulham and Sheffield United) who promoted Watford to the Premier League, winning 15 of the last 21 games
Luis Castro who spent 20 years in Portugese football including coaching FC Porto before going to Ukraine winning the league with Shaktar
Heimir Hallgrimsson who as assistant coach to Lagerback took Iceland to the first ever Euro finals beating England to reach quarter finals, then took over as head coach and qualified Iceland for the World Cup finals for the first time ever.
Tintin Marquez who coached Espanyol in Primera Division against Guardiola and notably drawing away to Real Madrid, one of very few times Espanyol ever took a point at the Bernabeu stadium

After yesterday's absolute asfalting of Anchelotti, hate to say it but I told ya so. Xavi is a high level manager and he showed that already in Qatar against several very experienced managers.

Xavi took over a Barcelona that was closer to relegation than to top 3 in the league, now a top 4 place is all but a formality and the team is still alive in EL. If the club can do some decent signings this next window, Xavi might actually be able to do something next season.

Last edited:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Another underrated fact about him is that we have a guy on our sidelines whose sheer presence (because of his GOAT or GOAT tier midfielder status) is crushing. I can really only say that about ZZ among recent managers.

I mean this is a guy who was one of the 2 selections from Barca on the all-time Ballon D'Or first XI.

add his constant dissatisfaction which make us better than better like an another guy :pep:

Windhook

Probably in the eyes of some this is carbon copy of Pep's Barca with the negative shade on it - infinite passing in midfield, the style that got torpedoed by Chelsea's "park the bus" approach.

IMO Xavi's style is a bit different, of course the Cruyffismo is there as basis, but Barca play more physical and faster game compared to 2008-2012, introducing back the Van Basten CF role - a player who can distribute, shoot or head the ball efficiently. And this just one example of the difference in Xavi. There is more than that.

Last edited:

serghei

Probably in the eyes of some this is carbon copy of Pep's Barca with the negative shade on it - infinite passing in midfield, the style that got torpedoed by Chelsea's "park the bus" approach.

IMO Xavi's style is a bit different, of course the Cruyffismo is there as basis, but Barca play more physical and faster game compared to 2008-2012, introducing back the Van Basten CF role - a player who can distribute, shoot or head the ball efficiently. And this just one example of the difference in Xavi. There is more than that.

For sure different to Pep, even though the main ideas are the same. Xavi I feel could work well with some superstars like a Zidane. He is more flexibile than Pep, no wonder he insisted to Pep in 2008 that Eto'o had great value and should stay.

KingLeo10

For sure different to Pep, even though the main ideas are the same. Xavi I feel could work well with some superstars like a Zidane. He is more flexibile than Pep, no wonder he insisted to Pep in 2008 that Eto'o had great value and should stay.

Pep could be on 4 CLs by now if he didn't sabotage himself. Easy 3 peat from 09-11. When we were KO'ed by Inter, we played 4 games v them that season. Won 2, drew 1, lost 1. Took a volcano, no Iniesta, and a disallowed goal for that 1 defeat. All while playing without the best no.9 in our history and one of the leaders in the dressing room.

OGbarca

Banned
ok i was out of town so i didnt get to see the clasico
WOW
i was SOOOO surprised when i saw the result

what happened exactly?? i had a bad feeling about it which is why i didnt mind missing it. maybe it reflects poorly on me as a barca fan that i had such little faith but wow, what a result!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans