Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcilliant

Does anyone think B Silva is the missing link in the midfield?
I'm not sure if it's the structure and tactics or the players just don't gel???
Also no way Gavi should be starting. Ditto Torres. This is another think I dislike about Xavi. His fetish for Spanish players. Gavi has been poor and Torres needs to start performing or leave by the end of the season.

JamDav1982

Also no way Gavi should be starting. Ditto Torres. This is another think I dislike about Xavi. His fetish for Spanish players. Gavi has been poor and Torres needs to start performing or leave by the end of the season.

In this formation having Fati and Silva behind Lewa would be dynamite.

Need a RB though for that formation or wont be balanced enough as at times commit a lot of men forward.

Birdy

Yes,
Silva can add what FDJ cannot do even in his wildest dream: decide when, where, and to whom pass the ball
And dictate the tempo of the game
Currently only Pedri can do that to some extent, and he is still a kid

jamrock

B. Silva would make a night & day different in midfield.

Which is why xavi wants him so badly, but I guess we can't have all we want.

Barcilliant

B. Silva would make a night & day different in midfield.

Which is why xavi wants him so badly, but I guess we can't have all we want.

Yeah, I agree. I like De Jong but you'd have to tweak alot to make him shine. I think Silva would be great but it isn't happening.
Is there another midfielder who can bring stability and drive?

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Shit, I don?t think we will have any success with Xavi. I gave him the benefit of the doubt until now, but he ain?t got ?it?.

serghei

He has a lot of improving to do, but let's be patient. A team is not built in just a few months. Good to score 4 on a tough away ground while playing an average game.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Thought the XI was a mistake, esp. with FDJ as the pivot - that was a disaster. By HT, La Real were already gaining momentum with no midfield control by Xavi's lineup.

The subs at 64 min were perfect but to be fair it was a kitchen sink attack approach and we should've never been in that position to begin with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans