Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinBarcelonafan

It was the opposite, individually they are no longer the best but they fought for one another and weathered storms.

That's the kind of thing that Barca has lacked in recent years, things don't go there way and heads drop. In games of fine margins the team needs to stick together every second of every tie.

I dunno man, Real won because the best ever CL season by Benzema and Courtois. I'd say it was much more individuals who won it for them. Add Vini too.

khaled_a_d

It was the opposite, individually they are no longer the best but they fought for one another and weathered storms.

That's the kind of thing that Barca has lacked in recent years, things don't go there way and heads drop. In games of fine margins the team needs to stick together every second of every tie.

Barca has this unwarranted feeling of superiority, that they are supposed to be dominate teams.

They never learned to win as the underdogs tbh, not to fight till the end to get that win even if they didn't deserve it.
Since Chelsea game in 2009, it has been always the case.

The new generation hopefully change this abd shows some grinta. Pedri, Gavi & Araujo all has it tbf

Kul_z

Barca has this unwarranted feeling of superiority, that they are supposed to be dominate teams.

They never learned to win as the underdogs tbh, not to fight till the end to get that win even if they didn't deserve it.

The new generation hopefully change this abd shows some grinta. Pedri, Gavi & Araujo all has it tbf

Those players would be raised on humiliations, that is good.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Been gone from here for a while and nothing has really changed here :lol:

Strange pessimism lingering here still, yeah I am not about to say we are picking up a treble this season but I have a bit more faith in where we are in this rebuild and specifically in Xavi than a lot of what I am reading rn. We will get out of the group stages and we have a good run of games to build squad confidence before being tested by Bayern & Inter.

Biggest room for improvement is our home game. Lot of the players look nervy at times in front of our fans so I actually think it is great we play in Munich and Milan first before here because right now, I have more confidence in our away game than at home.

But despite the friendly atmosphere, I saw a lot in that match against City that makes me believe we will be competitive this season. La Liga is the priority and I do think from a squad perspective, we are in a better position than Real. I will judge Xavi a lot more harshly on the league performances than in Europe. I would be happy with us getting to quarters and just seeing how it goes from there. If Xavi does that, hopefully gets us a La Liga and a good CdR display, I will be happy with that.

Also on Real, highly encourage you all to watch this: https://youtu.be/mdLUgkiPtyw

It is not always about having the most robust and comprehensive tactical systems and so much more about setting up the right system that optimizes your players strengths.

Gnidrologist

Very apt observation. This is why modern Real > modern Barca. We need to get grit and no nonsense attitude instead of hoping for some kind of permanent Champaign football.

kattanib

Here I have said it. XAVI IS AN IDIOT.

Playing two pure wingers, and then having a winger LB that goes up a lot = overlap in positions.

Playing 4 at the back and shifting mid game to 3 CB via having the RB as the 3rd CB instead of the CDM dropping back = no one defending the right midfield part.

Playing Gavi instead of a defensive workhourse CM while playing with only 3 CB = conceiving dangerous counters and goals if the opponent team pressed high.

Xavi did not learn from his past two game, and if our opponents press high today we will suffer.

Leong157

I'm quite happy until I saw that Rapinha/Dembele switched side.

Come on Xavi. Rapinha was ripping apart that right side. SWITCH WHY!!!!!!

It's like Xavi has a pre-plan and stick to that regardless of the circumstances.

kattanib

It's like Xavi has a pre-plan and stick to that regardless of the circumstances.

Or he is simply collecting data and trying different things to see and assess early on in the season

BerkeleyBernie

Switching positions can be difficult for defenders to adjust to. It's another chance at causing a disruption that could create a goalscoring opportunity. It also gives Dembele a chance to work from his more familiar position. No harm in mixing it up.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Kudos to him for benching Pique and Alba. Didn't think he had it in him. Even subbed Busi off today. Hope he doesn't revert to the amigos once the going gets tough.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't trust his tactics. Last season he was saved by Luuk who singlehandedly got us points for 2md place.

I do like he benched Pique and Alba. Gives me hope he does the same with Busquets as well.

iniestaGOAT

Kudos to him for benching Pique and Alba. Didn't think he had it in him. Even subbed Busi off today. Hope he doesn't revert to the amigos once the going gets tough.

Pique was gone anyway too many better options available

Surprised to see balde start two games In a row no doubt

xXKonan

Xavi: "I want to be honest with the squad and I decide the XI on the players I see the best. Alba and Piqu? are going to play because they are important and they are leaders. They have the humility to accept this situation, but that can change."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans