Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Guti could have been one of the World's Finest with some consistency, but then I think such a capricious nature is a fundamental part of what makes Guti the player he is.

That is true, part of his flash and magnificence was because he was lethargic in other matches. Him being so eccentric helps him make that odd pass that no one expects, that goes against the grain, the one that is bewildering.

In fact if I have to describe the difference between the two it would be that Xavi is a magnificent player in that his movement is rationale while Guti's choice were irrational.

Xavi's football is beautiful in its organization and intricate movement while Guti's understanding of football is chaotic. If he was able to control his chaos, he would have been incredible and joyful to watch but he messes up more often than not.

zanela

first bit of the video is what thiago lacks, creating space and confidence like that on the ball

Not sure how much you've watched him but if there is one thing the boy does not lack is confidence on the ball.
The role of a CM is one of the hardest and most demanding on a football pitch. The determinant of the working of a team play, build-ups, rhythm and ball retention. He is required to exhibit vision, physical-mental fortitude, organizational expertise, on-ball intelligence, decision-making, discipline, them two separating the best from the average. Xavi is an embodiment of this type and does so imperiously.
Thiago if you've noticed displays a profile(dynamic, agile, quick feet, skillfull) of that of an attacking midfielder. I'd say hes even more skilled on the ball than Xavi but lighyears behind the latter with regards discipline and decision making, both of which are a product of experience and guidance. Although the boy's versatility would 've him adapt to the withdrawn position, he'd thrive in the more advanced role. His ability to bring the ball forward while beating players, making the killer pass and supporting the forwards are all indicative of it.

I know a highlight reel don't tell the whole story but it does give us a brief idea on the player's talent. Here is some of his exploits with the youth teams. And i think we've already seen them glimpses with the A-team. Hopefully there is more to come. :)

lovebarca

can anybody tell me what is xavi's injury status?
i mean i know doctor recently said about it's ok for xavi to play two game a week but i want to know is there any chances to play like now continuously resulted in long term injury?
because i think when xavi was outside of team, rhythm and passing system of Barcelona got disturbed,so what are chances of long term injury?medical comments will be appreciated.

BerkeleyBernie

Not sure how much you've watched him but if there is one thing the boy does not lack is confidence on the ball.
Thiago if you've noticed displays a profile(dynamic, agile, quick feet, skillfull) of that of an attacking midfielder. I'd say hes even more skilled on the ball than Xavi but lighyears behind the latter with regards discipline and decision making, both of which are a product of experience and guidance. Although the boy's versatility would 've him adapt to the withdrawn position, he'd thrive in the more advanced role. His ability to bring the ball forward while beating players, making the killer pass and supporting the forwards are all indicative of it.

I know a highlight reel don't tell the whole story but it does give us a brief idea on the player's talent. Here is some of his exploits with the youth teams. And i think we've already seen them glimpses with the A-team. Hopefully there is more to come. :)

Thanks for the video. Definitely talented. More of the penetrating attacking dribbling skill of Messi/Iniesta than Xavi (who uses dribbling to hold the ball more than advance it), but also plenty of vision for the pass. You're right, I bet we see more of him.

gingerless

The role of a CM is one of the hardest and most demanding on a football pitch. The determinant of the working of a team play, build-ups, rhythm and ball retention. He is required to exhibit vision, physical-mental fortitude, organizational expertise, on-ball intelligence, decision-making, discipline, them two separating the best from the average. Xavi is an embodiment of this type and does so imperiously.

he is not like this in the first team, i haven't watched much B team games but i'm talking about the higher level of play

CesDel

he is not like this in the first team, i haven't watched much B team games but i'm talking about the higher level of play

He actually has shown to have confidence on the ball, the way he tries to beat opponents, the he tries to do the elastico when he played for the first team but failed and he did the roulette against seedorf and if I remember correctly he also tried to do the roulette once just outside of our penalty area remember his assist when he dribble past 2 player with step over and then passed to messi. That shows how much confidence he has..

Really the little time he has played for the first team he has shown alot of tricks(especially against milan!) and to do tricks you need confidence.

beef-supreme

In all honesty if playing 2 games a week causes Xavi to perform like he did against Bilbao in the Copa i'd rather him not play twice...

X

xaviniesta

whoa,,,, i just realised that xavi has actually scored 3 times in el classicos. sick!

zanela

Thanks for the video. Definitely talented. More of the penetrating attacking dribbling skill of Messi/Iniesta than Xavi (who uses dribbling to hold the ball more than advance it), but also plenty of vision for the pass. You're right, I bet we see more of him.

Ai.. Chck out his pass @ 1:56 for the U-21s

He actually has shown to have confidence on the ball, the way he tries to beat opponents, the he tries to do the elastico when he played for the first team but failed and he did the roulette against seedorf and if I remember correctly he also tried to do the roulette once just outside of our penalty area remember his assist when he dribble past 2 player with step over and then passed to messi. That shows how much confidence he has..

Really the little time he has played for the first team he has shown alot of tricks(especially against milan!) and to do tricks you need confidence.

True that..
The Messi assist here :D

BerkeleyBernie

Excellent. More of his team play on display in this video than the highlight roll, which emphasizes his dribbling. Tiago shows that disguised quick release I love that Xavi has on his push passes, where the ball suddenly accelerates off his foot like a slingshot. He also does the "swivel-head" that make Xavi and Messi so aware of their teammates (watch Xavi's head when he doesn't have the ball- he scans left-right every 4-5 seconds). It's clear he understands that central pivot role.

The Messi assist here :D

Dribbling AND vision.

Ricky10

Do someone has this photo, please?

xavidarek.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans