Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rory

Xavi doesn't seem to remember his own world cup win. Won each game in the knockouts 1-0. Only scored vs Germany due to a great header from Puyol off a corner.

FinBarcelonafan

I liked how Argentina played the first 80 minutes

Especially build up to do Maria goal it's vintage barca

Why doesn't Xavi see that? I hope his idea for good football isn't passing it around in your own half all game creating 0 chances...

Barca in general can't defend well. Defense worked better this season with quality in the back, Araujo, Kounde and Christensen and Stegen playing season of his life. In general we are too weak in defense.

JamDav1982

Repeating again that he thinks Dembele is best winger in world and that Pedri and Gavi are better than him and Iniesta at same age.

I swear his ideal world is a midfield of Zubimendi on own and Pedri/Gavi posted higher up.... He doesnt see what other top midfields have at moment at all.

Messigician

Xavi: "Playing in the Europa League? I don't like to listen to any anthem other than the Champions League... Maybe it's necessary to grow. But I don't like it, it makes us angry. It's disappointing. It makes us angry to be in a competition we don't want to play."

The gardener is showing his ego

KingLeo10

I can't believe after THAT high of the WC KOs...I have to go back to Europa league games v Memechester United. Who are better managed than us and will probably beat us...

soul24rage

I can't believe after THAT high of the WC KOs...I have to go back to Europa league games v Memechester United. Who are better managed than us and will probably beat us...

On the bright side, we get knocked out ASAP from Europa and can fully concentrate on La Liga this season.

KingLeo10

On the bright side, we get knocked out ASAP from Europa and can fully concentrate on La Liga this season.

Would love to win the league v RM this season. But only way I see it happening is if we continue to demolish trash teams while RM slip up a couple times v other teams. Don't think this squad/manager can win a high pressure game v a top 4 club side in the world. Unfortunately and painfully lol.

KingLeo10

Pedri and Gavi are better than them at the same age.

Doesn't mean shit though.

Maybe better than Xavi (marginally so), but better than a 20 year old Iniesta? Nah, no way. He was featuring in CL KO rounds at that age (granted better team, but Iniesta was a precocious talent).

mc_lovin

Maybe better than Xavi (marginally so), but better than a 20 year old Iniesta? Nah, no way. He was featuring in CL KO rounds at that age (granted better team, but Iniesta was a precocious talent).

Iniesta at that age was pretty raw. At least that's the image I have in my mind.

Anyway, as I said, it doesn't mean much.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not surprised by his opinion considering his coaching idol is van Gaal who loves to claim he plays entertaining football but in reality plays extremely boring football that have not gotten results for nearly a decade.

FinBarcelonafan

Xavi: "Playing in the Europa League? I don't like to listen to any anthem other than the Champions League... Maybe it's necessary to grow. But I don't like it, it makes us angry. It's disappointing. It makes us angry to be in a competition we don't want to play."

The gardener is showing his ego

True, stfu and win this competition if it's so much lower than your level. We got roasted last season by Frankfurt.

Terrible attitude.

mc_lovin

Not surprised by his opinion considering his coaching idol is van Gaal who loves to claim he plays entertaining football but in reality plays extremely boring football that have not gotten results for nearly a decade.

I am probably on my own on this one, but I like Xavi's idea of football.

We will see if he can grow the team, but I am optimistic. And if we win the League some here need to be nicer towards him ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans