Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

iniestaGOAT

The stars stopped appearing. Mbappe and Haaland are a joke, not real stars. There used to be a lot of them in all championships. It seems that the more money, the less stars. By the way, Pep and Klopp do not need stars, they need a car that carries out their commands.

True. Pep and klopp are the starts in PL.

Rory

I think saying we don't have the quality to play tiki-taka football is simply giving Xavi a pass. It's not a choice of that and pragmatic football to protect a one goal lead. There's countless ways to win a football match.

If we played like current Bayern for example, the way they press all around the pitch, create some good chances but also have to rely on defensive quality then most people would be happy.

The only league result this year we've won when not necessarily expected to is the 1-0 away to Atletico.

The spending we do compared to the rest of la liga is astronomical and a far bigger gap exists between us/Real Madrid and the next highest spenders than the likes of the premier league top 10 excluding Chelsea's crazy window.

Look at this table: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/einnahmenausgaben and try and say Xavi shouldn't be exactly in the position he is in, in the league. Girona are the next biggest spenders compared to us ffs.

iniestaGOAT

I think saying we don't have the quality to play tiki-taka football is simply giving Xavi a pass. It's not a choice of that and pragmatic football to protect a one goal lead. There's countless ways to win a football match.

If we played like current Bayern for example, the way they press all around the pitch, create some good chances but also have to rely on defensive quality then most people would be happy.

The only league result this year we've won when not necessarily expected to is the 1-0 away to Atletico.

The spending we do compared to the rest of la liga is astronomical and a far bigger gap exists between us/Real Madrid and the next highest spenders than the likes of the premier league top 10 excluding Chelsea's crazy window.

Look at this table: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/einnahmenausgaben and try and say Xavi shouldn't be exactly in the position he is in, in the league. Girona are the next biggest spenders compared to us ffs.

Don't worry we will spank Madrid soon playing Saudi Arabia football like last time

Don't except much when all our best players are missing lil brother

serghei

I understand what you are saying. But you're not looking at the facts.

Bayern has great depth up front.

Stacked in AM and wingers.

Sane, Mane, Gnabry, Musiala, Coman lol.

Only player of that level we have is Dembele who is of a good age. :lol:

Can't compare likes of Ferran or Ansu Fati with guys like Coman, Gnabry, Mane and so on. It's preposterous.

It's absurd. Only top player, proven so, up front of that level that we have is 35 years old Lewa, and the other one is injury prone Dembele who only now is starting to look quality.

In time, especially once we get rid of our financial problems, we will get there. What's important is that despite our early stage of rebuild, this team can still win big titles. That's the sign of an elite club.

Last edited:

serghei

Nice that you post only the last summer spending. :lol: No agenda here at all. You do know that Madrid are current CL holders, meaning that their team is already good enough to beat anyone in the world which they did last season.

Rory

Nice that you post only the last summer spending. :lol: No agenda here at all. You do know that Madrid are current CL holders, meaning that their team is already good enough to beat anyone in the world which they did last season.

Correct no agenda whatsoever. I'm just posting a link to view stats. Let's go from 19/20 - current season then, surely that's enough time? Our net spend is just over 4x Real Madrid's. We're the only spanish club in the top 30 for net spend in the world. Next highest is Sevilla at 33rd place. Real Madrid 38th, Almeria 48th lmao. Need I go on?

Real Madrid have a strong enough team, no denying that. They are not doing well enough in the league at all. Funny that we lose to them in the league though.

Every other club bar us and Real Madrid have to be a selling club whilst we still have the privilege of being a buying club (with big buying power) and yet we're hanging on to leads against teams that are outspent by Sheffield United :lol:

I understand what you are saying. But you're not looking at the facts.

Bayern has great depth up front.

Stacked in AM and wingers.

Sane, Mane, Gnabry, Musiala, Coman lol.

Only player of that level we have is Dembele who is of a good age. :lol:

Can't compare likes of Ferran or Ansu Fati with guys like Coman, Gnabry, Mane and so on. It's preposterous.

It's absurd. Only top player, proven so, up front of that level that we have is 35 years old Lewa, and the other one is injury prone Dembele who only now is starting to look quality.

In time, especially once we get rid of our financial problems, we will get there. What's important is that despite our early stage of rebuild, this team can still win big titles. That's the sign of an elite club.

If you really believe the only thing a team needs is good players to play a certain way then don't know if you can be helped. Choupo-Moting is hardly the best striker in the world but seemingly fits into Bayern without issue. Almost like they have a system of playing irrespective of players they have.

edit:

Also, why only mention our strikers/wingers. Raphinha has been consistently available and he was 70m+, Ferran Torres which is a player Xavi wanted, 50m+, if Fati isn't good enough Xavi shouldn't play him. Why make the decision to let Aubameyang and Depay leave and bring in a 35 year old Lewa?

We've more than enough quality to play better than we are. Xavi doesn't have a system and so the only thing that can improve us is getting a better level of player, that's no plan.

Let me ask you this: if Xavi decides he's leaving which club is taking him on? I'd bet some mid table la liga might take him at best.

iniestaGOAT

If you really believe the only thing a team needs is good players to play a certain way then don't know if you can be helped. Choupo-Moting is hardly the best striker in the world but seemingly fits into Bayern without issue. Almost like they have a system of playing irrespective of players they have.

edit:

Also, why only mention our strikers/wingers. Raphinha has been consistently available and he was 70m+, Ferran Torres which is a player Xavi wanted, 50m+, if Fati isn't good enough Xavi shouldn't play him. Why make the decision to let Aubameyang and Depay leave and bring in a 35 year old Lewa?

We've more than enough quality to play better than we are. Xavi doesn't have a system and so the only thing that can improve us is getting a better level of player, that's no plan.

Let me ask you this: if Xavi decides he's leaving which club is taking him on? I'd bet some mid table la liga might take him at best.

Thank god you are not our manager after the garbage i just read

Lil bro has 0 ball knowledge

serghei

Correct no agenda whatsoever. I'm just posting a link to view stats. Let's go from 19/20 - current season then, surely that's enough time? Our net spend is just over 4x Real Madrid's. We're the only spanish club in the top 30 for net spend in the world. Next highest is Sevilla at 33rd place. Real Madrid 38th, Almeria 48th lmao. Need I go on?

Real Madrid have a strong enough team, no denying that. They are not doing well enough in the league at all. Funny that we lose to them in the league though.

Every other club bar us and Real Madrid have to be a selling club whilst we still have the privilege of being a buying club (with big buying power) and yet we're hanging on to leads against teams that are outspent by Sheffield United :lol:

Madrid are doing well in the league. It's just Barca has put on a superb season points wise with a lot of work from Xavi and the players.

Bayern has 49 points in 23 games. 2.13 points per game.

Madrid has 53 points in 24 games. 2.20 points per game.

So they are doing better than Bayern in a higher rated league than Bayern.

What are you basing this on exactly? The fact that Barca is leading by 9 points must mean Madrid has been shit so you can trash the club and Xavi? Please... Madrid have a good La Liga season, but not extraordinary. Barca have a great one.

Rory

Madrid are doing well in the league. It's just Barca has put on a superb season points wise with a lot of work from Xavi and the players.

Bayern has 49 points in 23 games. 2.13 points per game.

Madrid has 53 points in 24 games. 2.20 points per game.

So they are doing better than Bayern in a higher rated league than Bayern.

What are you basing this on exactly? The fact that Barca is leading by 9 points must mean Madrid has been shit so you can trash the club and Xavi? Please... Madrid have a good La Liga season, but not extraordinary. Barca have a great one.

The original point was about not being able to play tiki-taka football. I pointed out this type of argument is ridiculous as it makes out like it's ok to play as badly as we do just because we can't possibly reach tiki-taka level. (There's more than one way to win). All this Bayern, Real and us have x amount of points is irrelevant to the conversation. But just to add to that, other teams in the bundesliga have caught up with Bayern in recent years, certainly in terms of spending, far more clubs closer to Bayern's level of spending than la liga clubs to ours.

Point is, Xavi has been granted this collection of better players that he oh so needs to play better football etc and yet can't produce it. European results prove how out of his depth the guy really is. Not saying sack him, it's great we're winning the league, won super cup and might win the copa del rey. How about we have some standards though and say ok Xavi next season you need to be comprehensively beating teams that we outspend 100:1. Fire his brother and get a real assistant that he can maybe learn things from.

serghei

The original point was about not being able to play tiki-taka football. I pointed out this type of argument is ridiculous as it makes out like it's ok to play as badly as we do just because we can't possibly reach tiki-taka level. (There's more than one way to win). All this Bayern, Real and us have x amount of points is irrelevant to the conversation. But just to add to that, other teams in the bundesliga have caught up with Bayern in recent years, certainly in terms of spending, far more clubs closer to Bayern's level of spending than la liga clubs to ours.

Point is, Xavi has been granted this collection of better players that he oh so needs to play better football etc and yet can't produce it. European results prove how out of his depth the guy really is. Not saying sack him, it's great we're winning the league, won super cup and might win the copa del rey. How about we have some standards though and say ok Xavi next season you need to be comprehensively beating teams that we outspend 100:1. Fire his brother and get a real assistant that he can maybe learn things from.

Original point was not being able to play tiki-taka. Which is extremely valid because Xavi is Mr. Tiki-taka and he would like nothing more than being able to implement it. But this squad is nowhere near good enough for it. He's also much more realistic and pragmatic than this forum anticipated. Not a dreamer or a pure idealist, but very much a complete manager able to switch between styles to reach an expected result. Which is credit for him.

Of course we can't reach tiki-taka level and still keep our points total, even a child could see that. Would be suicidal to play this style atm. At Barcelona you have to win titles. Nobody will accept playing nice and finishing 3rd lol. You lot would turn on him instantly.

Don't be hypocritical. What you and other really mean is you would like Xavi and Barca to be 9 points ahead, bossing the league while playing glorious stuff like the old Barca from Pep days.

Come down to earth and realize it's not possible. It can only be done via 2 ways: a) a legendary La Masia generation, or b) buying the best players in the world. If you can combine both a) to b) even better. All of this was possible in all of our glorious eras. This is a new position for Barcelona and delusional fans need to come to terms with. We no longer have the financial muscle to go buy the best players like we did in the past.

We may get it back someday, but not today, and not tomorrow. Years from now.

Last edited:

Rory

Original point was not being able to play tiki-taka. Which is extremely valid because Xavi is Mr. Tiki-taka and he would like nothing more than being able to implement it. But this squad is nowhere near good enough for it. He's also much more realistic and pragmatic than this forum anticipated. Not a dreamer or a pure idealist, but very much a complete manager able to switch between styles to reach an expected result. Which is credit for him.

Of course we can't reach tiki-taka level and still keep our points total, even a child could see that. Would be suicidal to play this style atm. At Barcelona you have to win titles. Nobody will accept playing nice and finishing 3rd lol. You lot would turn on him instantly.

Don't be hypocritical. What you and other really mean is you would like Xavi and Barca to be 9 points ahead, bossing the league while playing glorious stuff like the old Barca from Pep days.

Come down to earth and realize it's not possible. It can only be done via 2 ways: a) a legendary La Masia generation, or b) buying the best players in the world. If you can combine both a) to b) even better. All of this was possible in all of our glorious eras. This is a new position for Barcelona and delusional fans need to come to terms with. We no longer have the financial muscle to go buy the best players like we did in the past.

We may get it back someday, but not today, and not tomorrow. Years from now.

Not asking for tiki-taka football. Just that we should be on top of games more and not scraping 1-0 victories vs teams we outspend 100:1. Simple as that. If I have to say I'm not expecting tiki-taka football again to you then you must just be trolling.

serghei

Not asking for tiki-taka football. Just that we should be on top of games more and not scraping 1-0 victories vs teams we outspend 100:1. Simple as that. If I have to say I'm not expecting tiki-taka football again to you then you must just be trolling.

We did that this season lol.

4-0 Bilbao, 3-0 Sevilla, 3-0 Sevilla away as well, 3-0 Villareal, 3-1 Madrid, 4-1 Sociedad. :lol:

I suppose you only count the games you want.

Those are some of the highest rated teams in Spain btw.

United scored 41 goals in 25 games. Average ratio: 1.64 goals a game.

Barcelona scored 46 goals in 24 games. Average ratio: 1.91 goals a game.

Give me a break... please... the agenda is clear.

This is easy.

Most stats prove my points. It's ok, you don't like Xavi. Fair enough. But don't pretend you have a realistic or reasonable point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans