Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Serghei the whole forum can see you are the one with an agenda. Cherry picking stats isn't going to change that.
You've gone full retard trying to protect our very own pe teacher.

Rory

We did that this season lol.

4-0 Bilbao, 3-0 Sevilla, 3-0 Sevilla away as well, 3-0 Villareal, 3-1 Madrid, 4-1 Sociedad. :lol:

I suppose you only count the games you want.

Those are some of the highest rated teams in Spain btw.

Ah yes Sevilla a fine team sitting 17th in la liga. I'm not just counting the games I want, I'm raising a point about all the 1-0 victories we're scraping. 45% of our victories in the league have been 1-0 sit back and hope. You're strawmanning the hell out of me today. Those handful of victories you've put are the exceptions this year, he can have some credit for them sure. Mostly against much more inferior teams, in terms of personnel and spending. Only Real Madrid game is a similar level, we beat them 3-1 in the super cup. They beat us 3-1 in the league.

United scored 41 goals in 25 games. Average ratio: 1.64 goals a game.

Barcelona scored 46 goals in 24 games. Average ratio: 1.91 goals a game.

Give me a break... please... the agenda is clear.

This is easy.

Most stats prove my points. It's ok, you don't like Xavi. Fair enough. But don't pretend you have a realistic or reasonable point.

What agenda? There is none. I only want what is best for us. At the moment that means keeping Xavi here as he is on the way to claiming a domestic treble. However, I'm allowed to critique our abysmal football and point out that the only reason we are where we are is the level of la liga has dropped significantly and we are able to spend silly money still. All this whilst the rest of la liga except the Madrids can only afford to spend maybe 10m a year.

Also not that those stats prove anything but united face much stronger opposition each week, completely pointless point.

Also don't think you answered what club would have Xavi if he was to leave Barca?

serghei

Ah yes Sevilla a fine team sitting 17th in la liga. I'm not just counting the games I want, I'm raising a point about all the 1-0 victories we're scraping. 45% of our victories in the league have been 1-0 sit back and hope. You're strawmanning the hell out of me today. Those handful of victories you've put are the exceptions this year, he can have some credit for them sure. Mostly against much more inferior teams, in terms of personnel and spending. Only Real Madrid game is a similar level, we beat them 3-1 in the super cup. They beat us 3-1 in the league.

4-0 and 3-0 wins are always exceptions mate. Don't know what the hell are you on about. But most games are won by 1 or 2 goals in a top league.

As I said. Drunk fans who reminisce about old days of Pep and MSN. Excusable really. Nostalgia is a strong feeling.

Rory

4-0 and 3-0 wins are always exceptions mate. Don't know what the hell are you on about. But most games are won by 1 or 2 goals in a top league.

As I said. Drunk fans who reminisce about old days of Pep and MSN. Excusable really. Nostalgia is a strong feeling.

The scoreline is irrelevant, I'm talking about the method of victory, the way the game went that was the exception. In those games we actually were on top, that is the exception. Most games we have not been on top at all. How are you not getting this?

Drunk at midday on a friday, I wish

serghei

Still it's a long way since back then, so you should have updated your measuring stick in the mean time. The measuring stick of relevance is that of last season. Not 2011, not 2015, not even 2019 when we had Messi and Suarez still functioning at a high level, or current Bayern, or Manchester City, or what you think it is.

The comparison of relevance is that of last season. And we're improving at a fast rate compared to 2020/21 and 2021/22. If you can't see or value that, I'm afraid you're went beyond realistic expectations into la-la land.

The scoreline is irrelevant, I'm talking about the method of victory, the way the game went that was the exception. In those games we actually were on top, that is the exception. Most games we have not been on top at all. How are you not getting this?

Drunk at midday on a friday, I wish

Well, our last away games in the last 2 months have been to Betis, Atletico, Villareal, United, now Bilbao, Madrid. All top teams from Spain or England in this case.

In the Valencia game we had a man sent off, and missed a pen. Of course you're gonna suffer for the 3 points, that's to be expected.

All these games without our best players up front lately. Either one missing or multiple missing at once.

Same old story really. A mix of delusion and lacking the ability to apply context. Not saying we've played great, because with few exceptions, we didn't, but looking at all the factors, that's expected, and par for course.

All you have to do is look at the schedule and see that we've had to play a bunch of tricky away games in a row for the last 2 months almost. And with major injuries and suspensions. Haven't played close to our best 11 up front in months.

But all that doesn't count I know. We're Barca, our squad is amazing, Madrid is shit which is why we lead by 9 points, La Liga is crap, and Xavi is lucky he's not getting sacked for having us playing shit on a stick football.

jamrock

Doesn't make sense to argue with anyone who doesn't see the reality of the situation, we haven't won anything in 3 years, club was literally at an all time low when Laporta & xavi came in, we spend what 180m since they've been in charge, a net spend of around 80m, ETH & man U for example has spent twice has much.

Looking at the situation in proper context, the constant whinning for champagne football & the ridiculous argument about making the CL last 16, as if that's some high standard to meet, if you don't win the CL anything else you do in it is irrelevant, & we stand no chance.

Is completely nonsense,it's a process, we aren't gonna go from ship to champagne football & European champions/SF in one year.

We lay the foundation this year & build from that, context matters.

Porque

I don't think Xavi is saying we are playing amazing tiki-taka stuff. He knows and says we have to suffer and defend. It's mostly the fans and the media who project stuff from the past as if this team is simiar to those. It's not.

What does Tata Martino have to do with the current team? Don't see the need to compare with previous teams having likes of Messi and Neymar and other incredible players still in their prime.

This is a team with mostly raw teenagers, an old number 9 we are trying to milk from his last years at the top, and some top defenders. Of course the team is gonna be defending more since that's where most of the strenght in the squad is.

Well, I don't mind a change of tactic if you are away to Madrid or Man UTD. In the early days of Rijkaard we called for a more controlled approach, less naive and a bit more battle. Cue the differences in 06, Van Bommel and the way we approached the away ties then (though Milan did have a wrongly called offside).

The issue is that with the quality gap inspite the injuries, were not playing very good for the majority of games- bar a few streaks each season.

Tata Martino was a different time, yes, but those days we got big victories, gave up a little experience to exploit the turnover yet the media butchered him. Xavi has given worse performances but the media are quiet because of who he is. Which is his luck or benefit. Our quality is lower but you could argue that the gap between now and the rest of LaLiga is also larger.

Porque

Doesn't make sense to argue with anyone who doesn't see the reality of the situation, we haven't won anything in 3 years, club was literally at an all time low when Laporta & xavi came in, we spend what 180m since they've been in charge, a net spend of around 80m, ETH & man U for example has spent twice has much.

Looking at the situation in proper context, the constant whinning for champagne football & the ridiculous argument about making the CL last 16, as if that's some high standard to meet, if you don't win the CL anything else you do in it is irrelevant, & we stand no chance.

Is completely nonsense,it's a process, we aren't gonna go from ship to champagne football & European champions/SF in one year.

We lay the foundation this year & build from that, context matters.

The context is the investment. Would the expectation not be to improve on 2nd place after spending 150m in the market.

This isn't the PremierLeague were midtable teams spend 150m and the top teams spend 200m+.

But Spain where the rest of the teams bar Madrid spend 20m average or so.

jamrock

The context is the investment. Would the expectation not be to improve on 2nd place after spending 150m in the market.

This isn't the PremierLeague were midtable teams spend 150m and the top teams spend 200m+.

But Spain where the rest of the teams bar Madrid spend 20m average or so.

We've spent 200+ in a single summer, not two Windows and not improve from 2nd to 1st.

In fact the last time we spend so much money in a window, we moved from 1st to 2nd, so no it's not as simple as saying we spend money so we should improve.

We spend money similar money in 19/20 season and have been losing league titles ever since, all while the club was in a much better situation that it was, when Xavi & Laporta took over.

Last edited:

stb_1

Xavi has done well in general. Owning Real, great league record.

Just needs a bit more time to get it right in Europe.

serghei

Tata Martino was a different time, yes, but those days we got big victories, gave up a little experience to exploit the turnover yet the media butchered him. Xavi has given worse performances but the media are quiet because of who he is. Which is his luck or benefit. Our quality is lower but you could argue that the gap between now and the rest of LaLiga is also larger.

Not because of who he is, but because this team in comparison is much weaker than that one, so the media are more understanding for this reason. They can see the team is rebuilding and it's early stage, they know the financial situation and so on. A whole set of circumstances is night and day different.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Our main objective is to win playing good football in this order.

How many teams are winning big titles this season playing top football? Maybe one or two, three at best.

If we win big titles this season, especially if we make a domestic treble, then the only way higher from here is improving the squad with top investments and attacking the CL.

Not much else on the table from this position.

Arsenal and Napoli are leading their leagues playing some of the best football in Europe. Bayern obviously play good, entertaining football too.

At this rate Xavi could kill someone and you'd give him a pass. He should use you as his PR rep.

Anyway, it's fine to play shit football this year as long as we wrap up the league title, but don't expect people to give him a pass next year if he's putting everyone to sleep despite the board pouring resources into his squad.

iniestaGOAT

Arsenal and Napoli are leading their leagues playing some of the best football in Europe. Bayern obviously play good, entertaining football too.

At this rate Xavi could kill someone and you'd give him a pass. He should use you as his PR rep.

Anyway, it's fine to play shit football this year as long as we wrap up the league title, but don't expect people to give him a pass next year if he's putting everyone to sleep despite the board pouring resources into his squad.

This guy watched some YouTube highlights on. Napoli arsenal and Bayern and came to the conclusion they play good football

Can't make this up .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans