Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

Factors in as unlikely Xavi goes Mess and two wingers.

Then you depend on Dembele staying fit. Slim chance.

Easy choice really, Carrasco + Abde on the left, Dembele + Raphinha on the right. Messi as a 10.

Ansu and Ferret loaned or sold. The players that performed the poorest this season.

JamDav1982

Then you depend on Dembele staying fit. Slim chance.

Easy choice really, Carrasco + Abde on the left, Dembele + Raphinha on the right. Messi as a 10.

Ansu and Ferret loaned or sold.

Barca wont play that formation wait and see.

Raphinha cant replace Dembele as this season has shown and far too much on books for a back up.

serghei

In effect, should be some form of 4-2-3-1, Carrasco - Messi - Dembele/Raphinha + Lewa up top.

Of course in some of the easier games you could mix it up.

JamDav1982

In effect, should be some form of 4-2-3-1, Carrasco - Messi - Dembele/Raphinha + Lewa up top.

Then what?

FDJ/Pedri/Gundogan/Busi and Gavi all after 2 spots?

No chance.

Much more likely to be an extra mid in there and one less wide player would think.

Even if there was that 4231... Raphinha cant replace Dembele and too much for a back up. Back to same issue as this season.

Are you saying you dont think Xavi will sell him?

serghei

Then what?

FDJ/Pedri/Gundogan/Busi and Gavi all after 2 spots?

No chance.

Much more likely to be an extra mid in there and one less wide player would think.

Even if, Dembele and Raphinha are both needed. Makes no sense to sell Raphinha and keep Ferret. Unless you bring in a big money signing and need the funds.

JamDav1982

Even if, Dembele and Raphinha are both needed. Makes no sense to sell Raphinha and keep Ferret. Unless you bring in a big money signing and need the funds.

Ok so you think Xavi will be againts selling Raphinha as he is needed?

Raphinha may well be needed to go to get Messi in.

serghei

Again... do you think Xavi agrees with you that Raphinha is needed in squad?

Lets say Ferran goes.

Of course he is needed. All we have on the right that is better is a player that is often injured. There is zero assurance that Dembele is gonna stay fit next season.

We can of course sell him even if it weakens the right wing. Which it will probably if we're left with an inferior player in Ferret, and if Messi doesn't magically play like a right winger for the first time since 2015.

JamDav1982

Of course he is needed. All we have on the right that is bette is a player that is often injured.

Lets see if Xavi agrees with you.

For me he is likely to go as Barca dont think he can replace Dembele and too high a cost on books.

Can look to spend money he takes up in better ways.

What has he done when Dembele injured?

A few goals in amongst a vast majority of poor games really... 60m for that when barely have any space to spend?

mc_lovin

Unless you bring in a big money signing and need the funds.

We need funds either way (for Messi, "smaller" transfers: Diaz, RB, Vitor?)... Raphina has been absolutely vital in the League, but so would be Messi on the right (League only).

In the CL we need luck that Dembele is fit for the important games. With or without Raphina.

serghei

Lets see if Xavi agrees with you.

For me he is likely to go as Barca dont think he can replace Dembele and too high a cost on books.

Can look to spend money he takes up in better ways.

Even if Barca want to sell him, it doesn't mean he is gonna go. They tried to sell De Jong too. :lol:

It is complicated, and he will probably stay, and imo he should stay.

JamDav1982

Even if Barca want to sell him, it doesn't mean he is gonna go. They tried to sell De Jong too. :lol:

It is complicated imo, and he will probably stay, and imo he should stay.

Different argument and not relevant.

The point is if Barca will agree with how they see him.

If they try and he refuses then more fool him as wont play that often.

This isnt the same as FDJ.

serghei

Different argument and not relevant.

The point is if Barca will agree with how they see him.

I'm not playing your prediction games. I'm telling you how I see it, not how Barca might or might not.

I'm reasonably satisfied with our right wing the way it is. Would go another season with Dembele and Raphinha, and look to improve CAM with Messi and LW with both Carrasco and Abde.

JamDav1982

I'm not playing your prediction games. I'm telling you how I see it, not how Barca might or might not.

I'm reasonably satisfied with our right wing the way it is. Would go another season with Dembele and Raphinha, and look to improve CAM with Messi and LW with both Carrasco and Abde.

Yes you think Xavi rates him and will want to keep him.

I dont.

Lets see.

Raphinha hasnt been good enough and doesnt fit the way Dembele does. Too different a player.

Been terrible vast majority of games v decent team even in ones he got a few goals in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans