Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

For me, a team's value is dictated by a lot more factors than just momentary form, or one bad season. Inter in 2010 was never a better team than Barcelona despite them having a better season that year.

Better team is not the same as better season.

Better team means consistency over time, not many years but recent years for sure count a lot. Last 2-3 years for example. Madrid made 3 CL semis, 1 CL title, one La Liga title, other many more smaller titles and so on. Barca can't match that.

JamDav1982

Explain why Milan are better than Bayern this season without cotradicting yourself.
For me, a team's value is dictated by a lot more factors than just momentary form, or one bad season. Inter in 2010 was never a better team than Barcelona despite them having a better season that year.

Better team is not the same as better season.

Nope.. the point made has always been better team this season in isolation.

Explain why you rate Milan above Bayern if you are not only looking at this season in isolation..

serghei

Explain why Milan are better than Bayern this season without cotradicting yourself.

Nope.. the point made has always been better team this season in isolation.

Explain why you rate Milan above Bayern if you are not only looking at this season in isolation..

Last season Milan won Serie A. Bayern got sent home by Villareal. Not a huge difference even last season.

Fairly close. Bayern have been underperforming for quite some time already. It's not something very recent. Barca fans overrate Bayern a lot because they trashed some C-level Barca teams, among the shittest versions of Barca in the last 10 years.

JamDav1982

Last season Milan won Serie A. Bayern got sent home by Villareal. Not a huge difference even last season.

Last season Bayern won the league... a higher ranked league so that point falls flat.

Milan went out their group last season in CL.

Last season Bayern won better league and went further in CL... they also have much better record over years prior that you always poin to.

Why are you ranking Milan better than Bayern this season?

mc_lovin

You two give me cancer.

If Messi comes back the most important position will be the one next to Frenkie (given we play a box midfield like City or Xavi in Qatar). From the profile alone that Diaz kid could be great, but it's a long shot.

JamDav1982

You two give me cancer.

If Messi comes back the most important position will be the one next to Frenkie (given we play a box midfield like City or Xavi in Quatar). From the profile alone that Diaz kid could be great, but it's a long shot.

Who are your box four if that is formation?

Frenkie would be deeper than Messi not next to him and City play it in a way that Stones is RB in a four without ball if time to get in shape.

serghei

You two give me cancer.

If Messi comes back the most important position will be the one next to Frenkie (given we play a box midfield like City or Xavi in Qatar). From the profile alone that Diaz kid could be great, but it's a long shot.

That and Lewa position. He can't take it lightly in terms of effort if Messi comes back, despite his age.

JamDav1982

Who is the box four starters if Xavi plays that formation?

Cant play it like City who use a RB to make the four and leave three back unless put Christensen there.

mc_lovin

Who are your box four if that is formation?

Frenkie would be deeper than Messi not next to him and City play it in a way that Stones is RB in a four without ball if time to get in shape.

Pedri - Messi // Gavi as backup
Frenkie - 2nd DM // Gundogan as backup?

I want Xavi to commit and not just play Messi on RW, which would be a "disaster" (not really, but it's the easy way out - also in the CL).

JamDav1982

Pedri - Messi // Gavi as backup
Frenkie - 2nd DM // Gundogan as backup?

I want Xavi to commit and not just play Messi on RW, which would be a "disaster" (not really, but it's the easy way out - also in the CL).

You think Xavi will have Gavi as a back up?

That other DM will be Busi most likely.

If not then Pedri/FDJ deeper and Gavi/Messi further up.

Xavi seems to rate Gavi too highly and cant see him not having in starting line up.

Wouldnt even be surprised if he through Gavi could to the Grealish role from wider on left.

jamrock

You two give me cancer.

Yep, was saying the same earlier

If we play busquets & Messi in the 4, we are dead.

De jong----Gundogan

-----messi----pedri

-------dembele/ST----lewa

Or some various with gavi

Is the way to go, but that's pretty obvious

jamrock

Width comes from Balde at LB as it is now down that side

On the right with Dembele & Messi they take care of that side, with Kounde being the defense FB/3rd CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans