Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That's my opinion & the opinion of the entire footballing world, who all rate gavi as a top 2/3 young midfielder n the world.

But yea we disagree on that.

Well, not necessarily by everyone...

Anyway wasn't a long time ago Ansu was hyped up to be the next face of Barcelona either so there's that. Wirtz' torn ACL stopped the hype train for 9 months, but it's slowly getting back there again.

JamDav1982

Wirtz shows a lot more on the ball than Gavi currently.

Strecth to claim everyone thinks of Gavi as top 2/3 young mids in the world... this season he has been nowhere close to a top player and needs to improve a lot.

No one has any idea where those two are rated by clubs.

DonAK

I certainly don't rate Gavi higher than Pedri, Bellingham or Musiala who are all in the same age group of U21 players/midfielders.

khaled_a_d

Note I said exceptional talent, which those two are and wirtz is not.

Gavi has played well in Europe too since he's break through for club & country.

But wirtz is a talent , but not better than gavi.

Since Wirtz coming back from injury, I doubt many would rate him below any player of his age.

There is also the element of having an end product, which adds a lot to a player value, Wirtz excels in the goal & assist department, Gavi is more of a menace with a technical ability, potential is massive but in past 3 or so months he wasn't the better player.
Bayer has double point per league game with Wirtz in comparison to without him. That is how much of an influence he has been.

jamrock

Well, not necessarily by everyone...

Anyway wasn't a long time ago Ansu was hyped up to be the next face of Barcelona either so there's that. Wirtz' torn ACL stopped the hype train for 9 months, but it's slowly getting back there again.

Could keep going, ESPN was probably going off a nice run of games by wirtz, who I'm not trying to shit on he's class.

But nothing In there careers so far, suggest he's better, which is why I constantly hear gavi's name being mentioned as one of the best young midfielders in the game & rarely hear wirtz.

ajnotkeith

Wirtz came back from the most serious muscular injury in football and instantly began playing at his pre-injury level again. That shows he is special.

Levels above Gavi.

JamDav1982

When has Gavi 'played well in Europe'?

Last season Barca best run was without him then got worse when he came in v Frankfurt and he was awful both games.

This season he had a decent first half away to Bayern and that is about it was poor in other games.

jamrock

Wirtz came back from the most serious muscular injury in football and instantly began playing at his pre-injury level again. That shows he is special.

Levels above Gavi.

Levels?

Okay now we're just talking horse poop,

I'm out.

Levels 😄😄.

Kid who is a started for Barcelona & Spain since 17 years old lol.

Levels 😄😄

DonAK

Could keep going, ESPN was probably going off a nice run of games by wirtz, who I'm not trying to shit on he's class.

But nothing In there careers so far, suggest he's better, which is why I constantly hear gavi's name being mentioned as one of the best young midfielders in the game & rarely hear wirtz.

ESPN's list is from April 2022 and made by someone who worked as a scout and SD for 20 years....

jamrock

I certainly don't rate Gavi higher than Pedri, Bellingham or Musiala who are all in the same age group of U21 players/midfielders.

Pedri & musiala I dont put in the potential category anymore, they are bona fide at this point.

It's Bellingham a bit of space, then gavi right now.

DonAK

Anyway would love to be proven wrong by Gavi where he becomes as impactful as hyped instead of spending most games running around and doing nothing.

ajnotkeith

Levels?

Okay now we're just talking horse poop,

I'm out.

Levels 😄😄.

Kid who is a started for Barcelona & Spain since 17 years old lol.

Levels 😄😄
Well, I form my own opinion by watching players, not based on what club they play/start for.

We've seen what happened to Fati and Bojan with that same logic. It doesn't mean much.

Gavi has a lot to improve on and won't be a starter much longer if Gundogan arrives.

jamrock

No Pedri and Musiala count.

Cant discount the two best players as so far ahead that makes no sense.

Ok so the he goes from being 2/3
To 3/4

And ?

What I do know is wirtz ain't better than gavi.

Gavi is in the lips of every sporting director in Europe right now.

Wirtz will end up at Bayern as per usual.

Class kid though.

DonAK

Gavi has a lot to improve on and won't be a starter much longer if Gundogan arrives.
Sad to think that Gundogan wanted to join Barcelona in 2016, but they weren't willing to take a risk with him and instead signed Arda freaking Turan.

At almost double the price too lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans