Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

fergus90

Not to mention even guys like Santi Cazorla, Juan Mata in his prime.

Dude that Spain team was gigantic.

Their 6th or 7th best midfielder would probably be the best or second best midfielder after Pedri in the current Spain NT setup lmao

That he is an injury prone 32 year old player who's hardly available for most games?
Santi Carzola one of the most underrated players of the last 15 years. Insane baller and so two-footed. Always wanted him at Barca.

Gavi miles off Thiago in natural ability and technique but Thiago is made of play-dough.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Usually don't care much for Sofascore or Whoscored ratings as they're based heavily on certain key statistics but even on there Gavi is rated outside of our top 10 players this season lol.

DonAK

When people say Gavi is as good or close to Pedri and Frenkie then he's more like heavily overrated rather than underrated.

JamDav1982

He is incredibly over rated on current season is more accurate.

Folk now just saying he is 18 when that has been the point some of us have been making all season.. he is 18 and not playing to nearly standard as some make out.

I wouldnt put him even close to likes of Wirtz currently. Although is a bit younger.

khaled_a_d

What has been said that anyone will regret?

You still think Gavi will be better player than Wirtz for example?

A bit off topic, but Wirtz is a player I really wish we can get, a no brainer if we can get him.

We don't have anyone with his end product, biggest risk is him adjusting again to deeper role, but man kid has massive talent.

DonAK

A midfield of Pedri/Wirtz/Frenkie with Leao, Roque and Dembele in attack makes me dream.

Then reality kicks in and you realize the most likely outcome in 1-2 years is Busquets still somehow around with Dani Olmo as our LW lol and Firmino our CF.

jamrock

Because we haven't learnt that unless a player is truly exceptional, how they play in the budesliga doesn't translate to most other leagues.

Gavi is better than wirtz, who is a player I like, put gavi in Germany, his hype would he even more than it is now.

DonAK

Wirtz has been great in the EL too.

Gavi is not better than him, but that's my opinion and that one is yours.

khaled_a_d

Because we haven't learnt that unless a player is truly exceptional, how they play in the budesliga doesn't translate to most other leagues.

Gavi is better than wirtz, who is a player I like, put gavi in Germany, his hype would he even more than it is now.

Same argument was used for players like Halaand or even Kdb long before him.

Players transfer from league to league always comes with a risk.
Wirtz is doing well in Europa league too btw

jamrock

That's my opinion & the opinion of the entire footballing world, who all rate gavi as a top 2/3 young midfielder n the world.

But yea we disagree on that.

jamrock

Same argument was used for players like Halaand or even Kdb long before him.

Players transfer from league to league always comes with a risk.
Wirtz is doing well in Europa league too btw
Note I said exceptional talent, which those two are and wirtz is not.

Gavi has played well in Europe too since he's break through for club & country.

But wirtz is a talent , but not better than gavi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans