Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

Not currently. They did well to challenge until April last season but don’t see them as a European threat. Wouldn’t be surprised if they struggled to get top 4 this season.

Timber ACL, spending money on Havertz is ludicrous. Not enough goals in them.

Some bold predictions there mate. To me they are excellent and have many players that are just on the edge of making it big.

fergus90

Some bold predictions there mate. To me they are excellent and have many players that are just on the edge of making it big.
They might well kick on and prove me wrong but so far they had one very good PL campaign so the sample size is a little small. The only two teams I’d definitely pick as favourites above everyone is City and Bayern who have the most balanced squads and depth off the bench.

Xtroverto

The squad is not that bad.
There are smaller clubs with shittier squad's that play better football than us, both in Spain and Europe.

Granted positions like RB, LW and DM are weak but that's the hand we have to play.

There's no excuse for the cl exits. In fact Xavi holds the record when it comes to exiting Europe. 4 comps in 2 years.

Actually you are right, the squad is atrocious. A 35 year old goalscorer in terminal decline. The backup is Ansu Fati who last season scored 10 goals in 51 games. The only of those 10 goals that had any impact on the match came against Mallorca when the league was already won. Third option is 16 year old Yamal who in typical Barcelona media hype fashion is already a future Balon d'or candidate. Rafinha I don't even count, he is just another over hyped Brazilian.

Players like Oriol Romeu, Andreas Christensen, Ferran Torres and Sergi Roberto arn't even good enough to fill out the squad for the training sessions, they have no business wearing the Barcelona shirt.

If Ter Stegen is injured we have 3rd division bench warmer Peña and untested Astralaga to throw in because we lost our best reserve keeper to PSG. In fact the bench is without a doubt the weakest I have seen since 1994-95 season. Even in the 2002-03 season when we finished 6th by dumb luck, we had a much stronger bench.

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

Actually you are right, the squad is atrocious. A 35 year old goalscorer in terminal decline. The backup is Ansu Fati who last season scored 10 goals in 51 games. The only of those 10 goals that had any impact on the match came against Mallorca when the league was already won. Third option is 16 year old Yamal who in typical Barcelona media hype fashion is already a future Balon d'or candidate. Rafinha I don't even count, he is just another over hyped Brazilian.

Players like Oriol Romeu, Andreas Christensen, Ferran Torres and Sergi Roberto arn't even good enough to fill out the squad for the training sessions, they have no business wearing the Barcelona shirt.

If Ter Stegen is injured we have 3rd division bench warmer Peña and untested Astralaga to throw in because we lost our best reserve keeper to PSG. In fact the bench is without a doubt the weakest I have seen since 1994-95 season. Even in the 2002-03 season when we finished 6th by dumb luck, we had a much stronger bench.
Roberto was playing in this team when we were the best team in the world. But now he doesn't have business wearing the shirt as a reserve 😂

Christensen started in and won a CL final campaign... can't wear the Barca shirt though.

Most top teams don't keep good backups for goalkeepers because they don't usually get injured... You're complaining about GK number 2? Your post is just pessimist rubbish and I'm shocked you have been a fan for 20 years if you think these things.

Last edited:

BJJ

We aren't CL contenders in any reasonable sense mate. We can get pretty far with a lot of luck like Inter last season, that's about it.

The team needs to overcome the huge problems of not being able to sign players to improve the team. Spending 3m this summer is laughable. It's extremely difficult to improve the squad if you don't spend money.
What is sad is the fact that mid tier EPL sides are going gang busters and spending 100 million. Crazy really but Tebas is fullfilling his dream 9f a one horse league .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans