Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajnotkeith

He has brought Balde and Lamine thru and given them a lot of trust at really young ages, tbf to him.

Now the challenge will be to see if Raphinha takes him out of the team instantly or Lamine rightfully keeps the spot.

Birdy

You can't really say he trusts Yamal, then it's the only choice he has that fits the RW profile:
wide winger that holds the width and is left footed
His only other option was Ferran there who doesn't fit as it's not his position

Wait to confirm that when Raphinia is eligible to play

Next

ajnotkeith

We are 3 games in...

Also played really well in two of them.
I would put it like this - last year we played like shit but we were very good at shutting opponents out of games. We gave up few chances.

This year seems we are way more vulnerable defensively and regularly giving up big chances.

JamDav1982

He will have issues if keeps repeating same mistakes despite the good parts.

Cant keep over rating Roberto/Alonso and shite like Romeu.

mc_lovin

I would put it like this - last year we played like shit but we were very good at shutting opponents out of games. We gave up few chances.

This year seems we are way more vulnerable defensively and regularly giving up big chances.
Have you seen our defence? As soon as our first choice fullbacks are injured our defensive depth crumbles in every area.

Cant keep over rating Roberto/Alonso and shite like Romeu.
He's dying for us to get Cancelo.

Iniesta Ultra

Our goals today were inshallah, pushover dispossessed in box, lucky ferret shot deflection return, and pushover tap in.

None of them came close to the quality and composition of Villa's second goal, much less their first and third goals.

Black magic.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Balde only played because there was no one else at the time. Xavi saw he was great and kept him. Clearly remember his comments of surprise.

Same could be said about Lamine. Xavi pined for Demebele to stay and for new winger forward. We failed to secure either plus Raphina got injured. No one else to play. Enters Lamine.

I am oversimplifying it but had Xavi got his signings we could have had much different outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans