Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Xavi is also Maria's favourite player and told me when we began dating that she'd dump me like a shot if Xavi had any interest in her :D

I know I've never met her or seen her, but I love your wife. :D definitely a keeper!

she must know her football too, if xavi is her favourite player!

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
She definitely knows her football. All her family are born and bred barcelona supporters and each generation have their season tickets!

And she told me this the reason shes loves the footballer Xavi was because he makes things simple. He makes the hardest things look simple and he is cool and calm under pressure. When you have that combination you are a special player she told me that 9 years ago!

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I hope the 2nd paragraph refers to Casillas and not Hierro! Culés hate Hierro who always played like an absolute bastard against us. We all respect (maybe even LIKE) Iker but Hierro is one of madrid's most hated players of recent times.

Yes Cule Angles, but from what I remember of Hierro is that he was friends with Guardiola in the Spanish team and did not get involved in any political conflicts the same way Guti does.

Juan03

he reminds me of the best footballer my country has ever produced, very similar styles, the engine of team.

pibe-valderrama1.jpg

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Yes Cule Angles, but from what I remember of Hierro is that he was friends with Guardiola in the Spanish team and did not get involved in any political conflicts the same way Guti does.

I think you've got your wires crossed, Hierro was infamous (and still is) for his excessive Spanish nationalism and several commentators listed him amongst the players which divided the dressing room because they didn't think certain players were "Spanish enough". The analysis was made after Spain won Euro 2008 with lots of Catalan and Basque players and the lack of any real Centralist figure (Raul, Hierro et al) was cited as a unifying factor.

MJ BarcaFan

Ran the most, fought the most, an assist, and almost perfect passing rate. Carrick didnt know what hit him. With his teammates all performing incredibly, to stand out really speaks volume. Class, class, class. If he doesnt get nominated for the WPOY and the golden ball it will be a scandal.

I second the motion... Xavi is simply wow I'm out of words now...

MJ BarcaFan

This is how Goal.com's Carlo Garganese describes Xavi and I am 100% in agreement...

"After a bright start from the English side, Xavi took charge of the centre of the pitch along with the equally brilliant Andres Iniesta, and dominated the play. Every single Barcelona move went through the pint-sized playmaker. He created Lionel Messi's goal, supplied the passes for Thierry Henry and Carles Puyol’s one-on-one chances, hit the post with a free-kick, and orchestrated the Spanish symphony."

"Xavi is quite simply a genius -the best centre midfielder on the planet. During the 1990s, Barcelona and Spain possessed another world class playmaking midfielder by the name of Pep Guardiola. It is fair to say that Xavi has now surpassed the man who has coached the Blaugrana to a league, cup and European treble in his first season on the Catalonia bench."

I think the best CM in Barca's history...

I recently read an article about Van Gaal's declaration before that "Xavi is better than Dela Pena (great MF at that time)." They had a good laugh at such declaration... but it turns out Van Gaal was spot on!

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I think you've got your wires crossed, Hierro was infamous (and still is) for his excessive Spanish nationalism and several commentators listed him amongst the players which divided the dressing room because they didn't think certain players were "Spanish enough". The analysis was made after Spain won Euro 2008 with lots of Catalan and Basque players and the lack of any real Centralist figure (Raul, Hierro et al) was cited as a unifying factor.

I was always under a different idea. Perhaps what you say is correct, perhaps it is exagurated or it may not be true at all, but from what I knew is that he was friends with Pep.

If what you say is true then how can you blame Hierro for wanting a unified team? It is a football team which had not won anything nearing 40 years at the time. All players represented Spain and that was the way it should be, with all due respect to the Basque and Catalan heritage.

In any case, it does not change anything about Xavi, who is a remarkable player in every way.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
For ome reason i felt the need to post this but:

I think Xavi is the most sexy player of this team!

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
That last paragraph in the goal article is great, really true and on it.

Last edited:

maz

I walk the line
Its not fair to compare xavi and pep because while they both keep the game ticking over, pep was so much more than just a midfielder. He was the leader.. Xavi leads by example, but pep led because he gave off that aura. You could have given the captain's armband to any other player, and pep still would have had the same authority on the pitch. They are both wonderful players, and i like that the goal.com article is singing his praises. But i dont think he has surpassed pep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans