Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Xavi is your Casillas. He is his generation's Guardiola, pretty much like Hierro back then for us.

Those players are far and well beyond any irrational hatred, whose lives have been defined by absolute class. They are not fans, and they are not merely legendary players, they are truly promoters of the game, and role model for the younger generation, a better example of the past and ambassadors of the modern era.

For all the political conflict we live in today, these players take it upon themselves to better our lives given the abilities they have been blessed with. They make sure that no ounce of their talent is wasted, and use their resources to remind people, that at the end of the day, we are all humans who share the same love for the game. He sets an exemplary role to the upcoming youth, he sets the standards for human communication. Casillas has done the same, Pep has done it before him, Hierro did it, so did Maldini among other great individuals who I consider my heroes.

Xavi is not perfect, nor has he been one hundred percent nice to Madrid, I don't expect him to be, and he shouldn't. However he has been nothing short of class when it came down to dealing with the press, and sacrificed no chance to help spread Fifa's one and only message: Respect.

I am a Madridista through and through for those who don't know me, but before I ever picked a team, before I declared my affiliation with any club when I was less than 10 years old (I am 21 now), I enjoyed the game for what it is. I enjoyed sportsmanship at the heart of it, and I enjoyed the talent. I enjoyed its power to reach every human on this earth and make a difference. It is a cheap sport, one made for all audiences and the likes of Xavi only strive to keep it that way.

Xavi, Casillas, Maldini and the rest of those glorious names see beyond rivalries and see potential in bringing joy to African kids whose countries have been torn due to power conflict using religion, allowing rich kids in Brazilian neighborhoods to find a way to communicate with the less fortunate ones in the slums, they see the power of the game to eliminate sadness or differences from the lives of all kinds of people including Palestinians and Israelis through joint camps. Even if it was momentarily.

Even though Pique's comments were very harmeless, Xavi is a father figure of the game and he will not, any under circumstance, allow tension to rule the game. Like any father, he is protective.

Props to Xavi. Majestic player.

Watch Casillas say the same thing next year when one of our youngsters gets too happy like Pique for winning the Treble. Cheers.

G.J

V.H. 4 life
Ran the most, fought the most, an assist, and almost perfect passing rate. Carrick didnt know what hit him. With his teammates all performing incredibly, to stand out really speaks volume. Class, class, class. If he doesnt get nominated for the WPOY and the golden ball it will be a scandal.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
So far, I have seen him do tackles from behind and regain the ball better than any other defensive midfielder. Weird.

Btw, my above post was a response to the Pique thread about the bati bati thing...

Last edited:

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Xavi is your Casillas. He is his generation's Guardiola, pretty much like Hierro back then for us.

Those players are far and well beyond any irrational hatred, whose lives have been defined by absolute class.

I hope the 2nd paragraph refers to Casillas and not Hierro! Culés hate Hierro who always played like an absolute bastard against us. We all respect (maybe even LIKE) Iker but Hierro is one of madrid's most hated players of recent times.

beef-supreme

Those players are far and well beyond any irrational hatred, whose lives have been defined by absolute class. They are not fans, and they are not merely legendary players, they are truly promoters of the game, and role model for the younger generation, a better example of the past and ambassadors of the modern era.

For all the political conflict we live in today, these players take it upon themselves to better our lives given the abilities they have been blessed with. They make sure that no ounce of their talent is wasted, and use their resources to remind people, that at the end of the day, we are all humans who share the same love for the game. He sets an exemplary role to the upcoming youth, he sets the standards for human communication. Casillas has done the same, Pep has done it before him, Hierro did it, so did Maldini among other great individuals who I consider my heroes.

Xavi is not perfect, nor has he been one hundred percent nice to Madrid, I don't expect him to be, and he shouldn't. However he has been nothing short of class when it came down to dealing with the press, and sacrificed no chance to help spread Fifa's one and only message: Respect.

I am a Madridista through and through for those who don't know me, but before I ever picked a team, before I declared my affiliation with any club when I was less than 10 years old (I am 21 now), I enjoyed the game for what it is. I enjoyed sportsmanship at the heart of it, and I enjoyed the talent. I enjoyed its power to reach every human on this earth and make a difference. It is a cheap sport, one made for all audiences and the likes of Xavi only strive to keep it that way.

Xavi, Casillas, Maldini and the rest of those glorious names see beyond rivalries and see potential in bringing joy to African kids whose countries have been torn due to power conflict using religion, allowing rich kids in Brazilian neighborhoods to find a way to communicate with the less fortunate ones in the slums, they see the power of the game to eliminate sadness or differences from the lives of all kinds of people including Palestinians and Israelis through joint camps. Even if it was momentarily.

Even though Pique's comments were very harmeless, Xavi is a father figure of the game and he will not, any under circumstance, allow tension to rule the game. Like any father, he is protective.

Props to Xavi. Majestic player.

Watch Casillas say the same thing next year when one of our youngsters gets too happy like Pique for winning the Treble. Cheers.

:goodpost: except for the last bit about the treble. But I do believe that Casillas would also act in such a way, so as to calm any unnecessary tensions.
Casillas and Xavi are two players who offer so much to their club and national teams. But what is most important is their consistency and their attitude. I agree with what you've said.

So far, I have seen him do tackles from behind and regain the ball better than any other defensive midfielder. Weird.

Btw, my above post was a response to the Pique thread about the bati bati thing...

Last night he was in particularly good slide-tackling form. If someone was going to win the ball tonight it was either him, Iniesta or Puyol. And Xavi was the most majestic of all of them. When it's necessary, Xavi gets stuck in. Legend :worthy:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
he is

unequivocally

god

and I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pleased he's being recognised for his genius.

as I said pages back, he's been my favourite barca player basically since he showed up so that's 10 years now. it took him 9 of those years to earn worldwide respect, but now he has the world's attention he's BASKING in the spotlight. and I cannot possibly explain to you how happy that makes me.

and as raed says, he is like casillas, a true sportsman and one who plays the game for the love of it (I think it was also him who spoke out against the "revenge" talk before this season's first clasico too?).

maz

I walk the line
he is

unequivocally

god

and I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pleased he's being recognised for his genius.

as I said pages back, he's been my favourite barca player basically since he showed up so that's 10 years now. it took him 9 of those years to earn worldwide respect, but now he has the world's attention he's BASKING in the spotlight. and I cannot possibly explain to you how happy that makes me.
Yep i agree. I saw him in 1999 at stamford bridge. I loved him. He is fcb through and through. I loved him then and i love him now. I have many fcb shirts but only one has a name on the back. Its the 06 one with XAVI on the back. He deserves it.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Now I haven't seen every single centre midfielder ion Barcelona's history but I think Barcelona's Greatest XI must now contain Xavi. Hopefully 2009 made up for 2006.

maz

I walk the line
It will be tough to get into with pep and laudrup in that Best XI, but yes no one can complain if he were to be put in there.

E

Esteve

He was our best player last night. I'll never change my mind. Perfection.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Xavi is also Maria's favourite player and told me when we began dating that she'd dump me like a shot if Xavi had any interest in her :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans