Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajnotkeith

Subs didn't cause us to lose the game, we were already 1-1 after Romeu and the second goal was a fluke.

Nor did Carlos really helped.

Only negative I was say, is we dropped back too deep too early.
So their goal was a fluke, but our goal which was Gundogan chasing a missed pass then getting Alaba's slide tackle deflecting the ball to his feet is what? A legit goal?
Thats the problem with discarding these goals as 'flukes', these type of goals happen when your team is very under pressure and you allow the opponent to have the ball in your area.

Romeu and Lewa coming on clearly negatively affected us.

Gaudi

Mentality is hard to get but it starts for brave manager. This is no accident anymore: we play good, score a goal and let opponent back in. Actually it happened couple of days ago as well, it's just that Shaktar didn't manage to score another.

Postive things: we play better without old guns, faster. Also, we do have a biiiig potential in the team.

FC B

Oriol was a disaster, exactly as the polish retired striker and also the useess Cardiophinha who forced Yamal to play on the left where is useless as well. Nice job Xavi, ffs.

Last edited:

jamrock

So their goal was a fluke, but our goal which was Gundogan chasing a missed pass then getting Alaba's slide tackle deflecting the ball to his feet is what? A legit goal?
Thats the problem with discarding these goals as 'flukes', these type of goals happen when your team is very under pressure and you allow the opponent to have the ball in your area.

Romeu and Lewa coming on clearly negatively affected us.

Their 2nd goal was a fluke, plain and simple,
Idk what weirdo point you're trying to make there or you saying it wasn't a fluke? Yes ours was lucky as well

First goal great shop by Bellingham, can't take anymore away from that even though mats should have done better.

But we also hit the post twice and their keeper game up with a big save.

Lewa didn't do shit to the game. We were always going to drop deep and Torres was has always is useless.

I put blame on Xavi for dropping deep and taking off Cancelo that's it.

But this game we were the better team

Horatio

You're welcome
Seemed he played on defensive after 1-0. Would have preferred we chased 2-0. Hope he takes away a lot from this game. La liga still long and we can beat them in bernabeu.

ajnotkeith

Idk what weirdo point you're trying to make there or you saying it wasn't a fluke? Yes ours was lucky as well

First goal great shop by Bellingham, can't take anymore away from that even though mats should have done better.

Lewa didn't do shit to the game. We were always going to drop deep and Torres was has always is useless.

If you chalk that goal down as a fluke then ours in the same way is also a fluke. What does that leave?

It may have been lucky, but it also doesnt happen if we weren't getting pinned back like that for the last 30 minutes. That's why playing a 90 minute game is important, we should have stayed high, not invited them in.

He coached a good game in general, but Romeu and Lewa shouldn't have come on. Lewa is barely even fit.

jamrock

If you chalk that goal down as a fluke then ours in the same way is also a fluke. What does that leave?

It may have been lucky, but it also doesnt happen if we weren't getting pinned back like that for the last 30 minutes. That's why playing a 90 minute game is important, we should have stayed high, not invited them in.

He coached a good game in general, but Romeu and Lewa shouldn't have come on. Lewa is barely even fit.

Lewa was always 100% gonna come on.
Oriol we didn't need, because gavi and Gundogan was bossing the Midfield.

His biggest mistake today, was playing too deep too early & taking off Cancelo who was our best outlet.

But we lost this game because they got lucky and we didn't.

If any of those shots have us the 2-0 the game is in the bag, he set the team up great, shit just happened at the end.

Horatio

You're welcome

I am giving xavi benefit of doubt and I think things could turn around and gain momentum in la liga. With fermin and way gundo played.

But you are being a bit generous. The second goal might have been a fluke, but you invite goals like that once you lose complete control in mf. Slowpoke lewa might have contributed to that.

jamrock

I am giving xavi benefit of doubt and I think things could turn around and gain momentum in la liga. With fermin and way gundo played.

But you are being a bit generous. The second goal might have been a fluke, but you invite goals like that once you lose complete control in mf. Slowpoke lewa might have contributed to that.

What you're saying I agree re the first goal.

The 2nd goal was just a random fluke, we were up the pitch one minute, they were passing the balling going nowhere, the defense has everything cover and the ball loops over martinez head.

That didn't have anything to do with us dropping deep, first goal, yes definitely.

2nd nah

ajnotkeith

What you're saying I agree re the first goal.

The 2nd goal was just a random fluke, we were up the pitch one minute, they were passing the balling going nowhere, the defense has everything cover and the ball loops over martinez head.

That didn't have anything to do with us dropping deep, first goal, yes definitely.

2nd nah
The 2nd is partially caused by a failure of Romeu to mark Bellingham if you rewatch the tape.
He follows him from midfield then for some reason stops once he gets in position for a cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans