Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajnotkeith

This forum... :rofl1:

Snubbing a tier 1 club legend and champion of Spain manager for some flavor of the month types that haven't won diddly squat in their manager career so far.

Managing an elite club that expects big things in tough leagues facing hard competition at the top is totally different bussiness, as Eric Ten Hag found out.

It's a tough job even with many hundreds of millions to spend, let alone having to sign old payers or rejects like Barca have been forced to do last summer.

Good comedy, polyethylene fans. Keep at it. :lol:
Trolling.

A lot of good managers could win LaLiga with Barcelona and doesn't slight a manager just because they haven't been given the chance yet.

serghei

Nah, just looking at future options. Xavi is clearly going to burn out sooner rather than later. What's the longest reigning manager at this club in the past decades. 3-3.5 seasons?

True, but this era is different. First era since I've been following the club that Barca can't get near a top class signing anymore.

Actually, this is the main reason why I find all of this amusing. People still use past eras from times when we could sign the best players on the planet as some sort of reasonable argument.

Please... those days are long gone. Fans had 2-3 years already to adjust to the new circumstances and are still behaving like clueless kids.

And, still, despite all this, the only club that had a legitimate superior season to us is City last year, running on 1bn spending and Pep as manager.

So excuse me if I find this hilarious. :lol:

ajnotkeith

True, but this era is different. First era since I've been following the club that Barca can't get near a top class signing anymore.

Actually, this is the main reason why I find all of this amusing. People still use past eras from times when we could sign the best players on the planet as some sort of reasonable argument.

Please... those days are long gone. Fans had 2-3 years already to adjust to the new circumstances and are still behaving like clueless kids.

And, still, despite all this, the only club that had a legitimate superior season to us is City last year, running on 1bn spending and Pep as manager.

So excuse me if I find this hilarious. :lol:
You were already corrected when you said this before.

Napoli won their first Scudetto in a very dominant fashion for the first time since 1989. They also got to the CL QFs.

serghei

Yeah, Napoli did great. Not as strong of a league, but still... great job for Spalletti. They don't challenge this season it seems.

serghei

Nice though that you argue about Barca being 2nd best or 3rd best in Europe in achievements last season. :lol:

A real tragedy...

Try supporting United.

ajnotkeith

Nice though that you argue about Barca being 2nd best or 3rd best in Europe in achievements last season. :lol:

A real tragedy...

Try supporting United.
Its important to be accurate. Especially when you keep making the same assumption that was already addressed.
The difference between United and Barcelona is that Barcelona has never been a wreck. No matter what happened Barca always won titles eventually and we certainly have never been in the mess they are in.

Nobody has been able to fix that club since Fergie... I kind of hope they hire Xavi after he gets sacked/leaves just to see your thought experiment play out.

JamDav1982

The money spend is tame. The purchase value of our 22/23 CL squad is on par with the likes of Napoli and Dortmund.

Barcas squad is worth a lot more than those two.

The 'money spend' has been large and most Barca have spent in years.

No idea what 'purchase' value means or how is relevant to point made.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

This forum... :rofl1:

Snubbing a tier 1 club legend and champion of Spain manager for some flavor of the month types that haven't won diddly squat in their manager career so far.

Managing an elite club that expects big things in tough leagues facing hard competition at the top is totally different bussiness, as Eric Ten Hag found out.

It's a tough job even with many hundreds of millions to spend, let alone having to sign old payers or rejects like Barca have been forced to do last summer.

Good comedy, polyethylene fans. Keep at it. :lol:

I have no clue what diddly mean but i love this funny word :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO:

serghei

Its important to be accurate. Especially when you keep making the same assumption that was already addressed.
The difference between United and Barcelona is that Barcelona has never been a wreck. No matter what happened Barca always won titles eventually and we certainly have never been in the mess they are in.

Nobody has been able to fix that club since Fergie... I kind of hope they hire Xavi after he gets sacked/leaves just to see your thought experiment play out.

Barcelona has been managed much better than United in the last 2 seasons. Like MUCH better. United are the no1 club to give as an example of incompetent management. Been constantly spending top 3 money for 10 years and haven't gotten close to a big title in a decade. Don't think any club has had more money put in for such low pay-off.

Barca, if you look at things from a relaxed and objective stance, are well ahead. The club had like 1-2 seasons of crap performances max, and bounced back and got a big title last season even with modest spending.

Curious to see the club's net spend over the last 3 seasons. Is it even 50m? :lol:

The club is doing very nice. Sure, you can reminisce and thing about the eras of Messi and even Ronaldinho, most of the last 2 decades basically, and things don't look nearly as nice these days, if you think about the heights of the past. But that's completely ignoring the reality of current circumstances.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

Barcas squad is worth a lot more than those two.

The 'money spend' has been large and most Barca have spent in years.

No idea what 'purchase' value means or how is relevant to point made.
What does that have to with anything? We don’t measure ourselves against ourselves. Relative to others is the interesting metric.

We haven’t purchased players in our current squad for a billion+ like the top dogs. The squad is also 2 or 3 players short (in absolute numbers).

And then talk about youth players that you don’t even rate as some sort of incredible advantage Xavi has.

Givenchy

What is this shit about Xavi having his hands completely tied in regards to finances? We spent a lot of money on a lot of duds at Xavi's request while Laporta pulled levers and tried every trick in the book to make it possible. The same players making our team 'not good enough' are mostly comprised of his signings, you can't make it up.

It seems Xavi needs world class players in every position in order to play this 'Xaviball' brand of football. I thought managers were supposed to get the best out of the players they have? If so, why are our players regressing? Why do they look utterly clueless on the pitch? Why is Gundo, a CL winner last season, effectively calling out the clubs loser mentality already?

serghei

Spent a lot of money compared to? Make a list of net spend over the last 3 seasons, and see the place Barca is at in Europe's top 5 leagues.

Such childish arguments...

mc_lovin

Net spend is the business side. Interesting is how much money we have running around in our current squad. And it’s just not that much.

serghei

Net spend is the business side. Interesting is how much money we have running around in our current squad. And it’s just not that much.

De Jong basically. Only player that big clubs could be tempted to chase. Other than him.... not much class players that could provide instant impact in a club such as a City, a Bayern, Arsenal etc.

mc_lovin

United, City, PSG have players in their current squads bought for ~1BE.

Arsenal, Real are at ~700ME.

We are at roughly half that with the likes of Dortmund and Napoli.

It’s obviously a disadvantage. Not sure why that should even be debatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans