Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

United, City, PSG have players in their current squads bought for ~1BE.

Arsenal, Real are at ~700ME.

We are at roughly half that with the likes of Dortmund and Napoli.

It’s obviously a disadvantage. Not sure why that should even be debatable.

But... but... Lamal is the next Messi. Don't need to sign top players, La Masia is full of 17-19 year old gems.

JamDav1982

What does that have to with anything? We don’t measure ourselves against ourselves. Relative to others is the interesting metric.

We haven’t purchased players in our current squad for a billion+ like the top dogs. The squad is also 2 or 3 players short (in absolute numbers).

And then talk about youth players that you don’t even rate as some sort of incredible advantage Xavi has.

Barca did.. just they were shite and have left.... well not shite but they have left since. Griez etc was a good player.

Barca have spent a lot under Xavi and he inherited players worth a lot and more have emerged since.

Barca have better squad than likes of United.

Xavi inherited players worth hundreds of millions and spent money brining more players in.

Couldnt care less if Man Utd paid 80m for Casimero etc.

serghei

Don't you say Gavi is shit? He's rated at 90m. :lol:

ratings of very young players are based on their age more on their current level.

Ansu dropped from 80m or so to 30m in under 2 years.

JamDav1982

Nah never said he was shit have said his performances are over rated at this point with a lot to learn.

When I argue someone is shit and cant make it see debate when you used to adore Puig and I said he was shit and wont ever be Barca level.

What relevance does someone rating him at 90m have?

Didnt you say Gavi was 'Best ball winner in the world'?

What are you even talking about? Ansu?

mc_lovin

Here are some key points about our squad:
a) It's very small.
b) Depth with youth players (Fermin, Lamine) and scraps (Cancelo, Felix).
c) Smart free transfers, which aren't really available for the like of BVB, Napoli to be fair (Gundogan, Christensen).
d) Medium-sized transfers (Kounde, Raphina, Ferran, Lewy). Four.
e) Frenkie as the only top-class signing, which reflects in the price.

We have paid "real" money for 5(!!!) players. That's absolutely incredible when you think about it. Xavi has a decent squad to work with (mainly due to the fantastic work done by the whole club recently), but let's not pretend he's not on a budget. 350m-650m is a huge gap to bridge with smart work, youth players and good scouting.

JamDav1982

Again... the point was not about money spent on fees.

Barca had core of very good players, spent a lot and have had young players emerge.

Barca have spent big.. those transfers left if going back to teams spending a billion.

Cancelo is not a 'scrap'. He may not balance well with Balde the way Xavi wants to play but he is one of top RBs in Europe in correct system.

Where does Gavi fit in this?

Whats his value that Barca havent paid a fee for?

serghei

Aye, the point is you inflate young players prematurely, before they actually get to a level consisting of a top player. Almost all of our young players are not ready for a high-profile role, but they have to play by default. And the main reason for this is because the club is in financial problems, and is extremely light in top players in their prime.

Ideally, the collection of young players the club has atm could make for superb squad players at Bayern or at City, or at previous Barca teams. Spending 3-4 years like Foden getting used to the level, and only THEN making the transition to a starter.

I bet fecking Foden has less starts at City than Gavi does at Barca. It's not because Gavi is better than Foden, but because City has far more resources at their disposal and can afford to rotate a young player like Foden a lot.

JamDav1982

Aye, the point is you inflate young players prematurely, before they actually get to a level consisting of a top player. Almost all of our young player are not ready for a high-profile role, but they have to play by default, because the club is in financial problems is extremely light in top players in their prime.

Fake news.

You just inflate the wrong ones.

Who at Real are better than Balde and Araujo? Is Modric/Valverde better than Pedri? Not for me.

mc_lovin

Again... the point was not about money spent on fees.

Barca had core of very good players, spent a lot and have had young players emerge.

Barca have spent big.. those transfers left if going back to teams spending a billion.

Cancelo is not a 'scrap'. He may not balance well with Balde the way Xavi wants to play but he is one of top RBs in Europe in correct system.

Where does Gavi fit in this?

Whats his value that Barca havent paid a fee for?
I mean we compete, don't we? The huge gap on actual squad cost is bridged by the likes of Pedri, Gavi and Balde. But there's also a downside (injuries, age... to name the two biggest ones).

Again, we spent money on 5 players. Real on ~13 and City on 17 for example in their current squads :lol: Quick count, don't nail me on it. That's the reality.

People (and people here especially) like to complain about Ferran, Raphina and Lewy, but I mean that's precisely the quality you get in this market for 50m. What were the alternatives? Just not spend at all? A single player for 100m+? Who? Where's the depth? Personally I still remember when Abde, Jutgla, Traore and co were our forwars options. Say what you want, but we are better off now xD

Edit: City is just absolutely insane :lol: Had to reiterate that.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Again... Barca have spent huge money in last 7/8 years when comparing to other clubs.

In recent years Xavi has been given a lot of money to spend, inherited top players and had others emerigng and having seasons behind them.

Comparing to the fees other clubs have paid doesnt show that Gundo if on 18m a season is equivilant of 50m player on 8m a season and Lewa equivilant of 100m player on 12m a season.

Why ignore the salaries? Obvious why.

What City have spent is irrelevant to any point made anyway.

serghei

Again... Barca have spent huge money in last 7/8 years when comparing to other clubs.

So... your beef is actually with Bartomeu, the guy who actually spend the money, instead of the current management? That's some plot twist... :lol: Now we're talking. That guy was an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans