Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

malvolio

According to Barça's numbers this season, the latest comeback in Montjuïc also highlighted two statistics in which Barça leads among teams in the five major European leagues: the number of points won and the number of goals scored in the last 15 minutes : 12 goals.

In those crucial moments of the game, the Barça records are unsurpassed by any other team. In the confrontation against the Vitorian team, the Polish striker scored in the 78th minute, turning the score around and thus contributing to adding more points in the league table. In total, Barça has gained 14 points in the last quarter of an hour.

You can call it lucky or undeserved but I'll take this. Didn't happen a lot in the past even when we had better teams.
You can take this all you want. But at the end of the day it's just delaying the inevitable - we'll get smashed in Europe, while playing terrible football all season.

League will have its ups and downs, depending on opponent quality. Overall it is a shit league anyway. Madrid, Atletico and Barca are always in top 3 and it's just a matter of who is the least poor over a season. All 3 teams are currently unwatchable.

JamDav1982

Would argue Felix is pretty safe even with 4 man midfield. He would be the supporting forward Lewa will combine with.

He would be one of the four in that set up and then have FDJ, Pedri, Gundo and Gavi for three spots if Felix is a starter.

FDJ is nailed then it comes down to the other three and dont think Xavi chooses Felix ahead of them.

FinBarcelonafan

You can take this all you want. But at the end of the day it's just delaying the inevitable - we'll get smashed in Europe, while playing terrible football all season.

League will have its ups and downs, depending on opponent quality. Overall it is a shit league anyway. Madrid, Atletico and Barca are always in top 3 and it's just a matter of who is the least poor over a season. All 3 teams are currently unwatchable.

I think you are right. We can survive in a cash strapped LaLiga but any real team in Europe will destroy us. We lack intensity, Spanish league doesn't teach it. We lack urgency.

Porque

Have Cancelo as the offensive RB with Balde as the defensive one. Then you have Felix as one of the front 2, so same setup as last year but inverted.

Best for business but not best for Raphi.

Fermin would probably be better as the most offensive of the 4 mids over Gavi but doubt Xavi ever opts for that. Frenkie, Gundy, Pedri and Fermin may structurally be our best midfield.

This is the easiest setup for a coach like Xavi who has shown a lack of offensive guile. If only he had a prime Messi to percentage ball himself to success.

Messi983

Yeah, we can't do shit in Europe without amigos.

Oh, wait.

Rory

Have Cancelo as the offensive RB with Balde as the defensive one. Then you have Felix as one of the front 2, so same setup as last year but inverted.

Fermin would probably be better as the most offensive of the 4 mids over Gavi but doubt Xavi ever opts for that. Frenkie, Gundy, Pedri and Fermin may structurally be our best midfield.

This is the easiest setup for a coach like Xavi who has shown a lack of offensive guile. If only he had a prime Messi to percentage ball himself to success.
Was thinking the same. Also isn't Felix best position being just off the striker? And Lewa flourished with a supportive forward in Muller. Not saying we'll get bayern Lewa back but setup is probably better than our touchline winger crap we've been going for.

Porque

Was thinking the same. Also isn't Felix best position being just off the striker? And Lewa flourished with a supportive forward in Muller. Not saying we'll get bayern Lewa back but setup is probably better than our touchline winger crap we've been going for.

On one hand this is Ernesto ball with a worse front duo but a better midfield. So we will still lack immensely in terms of offensive pace and chance creation.

On the other a defense first system is what Xavi has excelled out.

I don't know if we can get the best out of Lewandowski with Felix being close because unless the team recovers it's workrate as we had last years, then we will be very sterile, and end up having to switch to 433s anyways in search of goals.

Maybe this is why we are looking at Vitor Roque coming in in winter. But he is still recovering from injury so I don't expect much impact this season.

Rory

On one hand this is Ernesto ball with a worse front duo but a better midfield. So we will still lack immensely in terms of offensive pace and chance creation.

On the other a defense first system is what Xavi has excelled out.

I don't know if we can get the best out of Lewandowski with Felix being close because unless the team recovers it's workrate as we had last years, then we will be very sterile, and end up having to switch to 433s anyways in search of goals.

Maybe this is why we are looking at Vitor Roque coming in in winter. But he is still recovering from injury so I don't expect much impact this season.
It is basically Ernesto ball but without the short comings of players who won't put the effort in. Ernesto ball was about masking our front 2 to some degree. Of course we wouldn't have Messi who could pull a goal/assist out of nowhere. It's a trade-off. Wonder how that system would pan out with 3 strong runners in midfield and two forwards willing to put a shift in.

I'd like to see Raphinha given a chance in this Felix role too, I don't for a moment believe we're getting the best out of him sticking him on the touchline as a winger.

I think chance creation would improve. Partly because I can't see it being worse than cross and inshallah. Would give Frenkie/Gundo more freedom for late runs into the box knowing there's cover behind them. Both are capable of scoring if given more freedom. Think there would be a lot of sterile possession but with 2 fullbacks capable of attacking switching it up shouldn't be an issue.

Porque

It is basically Ernesto ball but without the short comings of players who won't put the effort in. Ernesto ball was about masking our front 2 to some degree. Of course we wouldn't have Messi who could pull a goal/assist out of nowhere. It's a trade-off. Wonder how that system would pan out with 3 strong runners in midfield and two forwards willing to put a shift in.

I'd like to see Raphinha given a chance in this Felix role too, I don't for a moment believe we're getting the best out of him sticking him on the touchline as a winger.

I think chance creation would improve. Partly because I can't see it being worse than cross and inshallah. Would give Frenkie/Gundo more freedom for late runs into the box knowing there's cover behind them. Both are capable of scoring if given more freedom. Think there would be a lot of sterile possession but with 2 fullbacks capable of attacking switching it up shouldn't be an issue.

Dare I say that ErnieBall was masking the shortcomings of the team, Xaviball is masking the shortcomings of himself.

anderson-silva-oops.gif

malvolio

Ernesto ball was better simply because he had far better players at his disposal. We had some games that could be considered wonderful when compared to what the current team can produce.

JamDav1982

There is no width on the left with that set up.

Birdy

Could see Xavi walking away from the job to be honest.

And a day after, he has started spreading his whining to the Catalan Press:

"Xavi does not feel appreciated as the coach of Barcelona. (Source:
@sport
"

Our crybaby is preparing his way out if he ends up trophyless this season to make it look better on him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans