Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

mc_lovin

Felix as poor as he is right now is not a bigger issue than Lewandowski currently. Makes no sense to bench Felix and play Roque out of position when you have a tractor as a striker as a massive issue still.
Truth is they both suck massively.

serghei

Felix is a player we should send back no doubt. He isn't worth it even as a sub. Give me 8 good matches, 1 great one, and 1 bad one, instead of 2 great ones, 3 good ones, and 5 shit ones.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The squad building for this team have been garbage for years.

We haven't had a proper LW ever since Neymar left and that's 6 years ago. We first let Xavi handpick a guy in Ferran who was good at Valencia at RW and then started doing well for City in smaller games I guess as a false 9 only to play him as a LW, and then Laporta got Felix to play there someone he has a hard-on for.

New regime same as old regime in that regard when it comes to signing a certain profile of player only to play him in a completely different way or position than he was decent at.

serghei

A real LW signing like Doku for example is needed big time. That and a quality DM signing. Those are must haves.

With what we have, those two pieces, and Roque, we can do with Raphinha and Yamal on the right.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
As for Lewandowski then I was never a fan of signing an old aging striker for that much money, but even I didn't expect he would turn into garbage after just 6 months. I thought we'd at least get two elite years out of him.

KingLeo10

As for Lewandowski then I was never a fan of signing an old aging striker for that much money, but even I didn't expect he would turn into garbage after just 6 months. I thought we'd at least get two elite years out of him.
6 months? Try 6 weeks. He scored like 18 goals in the first 14 games and since then has scored 24 goals in 52 games.

24 goals in last 52 games :lol:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Xavi's statement:
“Really upset, really sad because I think we created many chances, we missed many, many opportunities,” he said.
“It’s what’s happened all season. We dominated games, we played so well, today, it’s a pity we don’t have effectivity. Today I think five, six, seven great opportunites but we didn’t score. We need to keep going.
“The most important part is to score goals and we are not good at this. But now let’s see what happen, we have to improve, we have to score more chances.”

Porque

Poor call not to bring on Giui. Even if it is just a purple patch, but take advantage of it.

Don't want to make him out as the saviour or anything, but he is our only other striker option until Roque comes. So make use of it when you need a goal.

serghei

At least in this match Lewandowski wasn't lazy.

Which is kind of worse for him, because it means that even when he's giving his all he's still not up for it.

I think with Roque coming, we should open talks with him about leaving to Arabia in the summer. Allow us to get back some of the money paid for him.

Porque

I don't think we necessarily needed to bring off Lewy if we brought on another forward. Raphinha was getting incredibly frustrating and frustrated at himself as we searched for a goal. So that could have been the option.

Mrgandalf

Curious member
So, then if you sack Xavi and name a manager, and that manager doesn't win the league, you sack that manager too and so on?

It makes no sense at the moment.
Buddy, why are you reducing the discussion to limited and wrong statements? To get the limited and desired result for yourself? And you assume that no one notices your double standard in the conversation? Don't talk about Xavi's titles and achievements as if he has made a tactical revolution since he joined the club. Don't defend his league success as if he guarantees the club's football future with his brilliant ideas. Xavi has played two months of attacking football in two years, which incidentally we didn't win in many of those performances and we only defined the team's performance as attacking relative to the context of the situation at the time, like our losses to Bayern. When we won the league with more 1-0 wins than any other team in the history of galaxies, which were often the product of individual performances by the players, we can say that now after two years we expect to see not only the result (which was not that great either) but also a beautiful display. But it's not there. And from experience I can say that if we stay with this logic for a long time that "it's okay if we don't win title this year, because last year's title is still there" or "we shouldn't fire Xavi. It's disrespectful" then without realizing it our standards will decline to the point that one cup every few years is enough for Barca.
Do you remember Ancelotti? It's true that it was a harsh and hasty decision to fire a coach who had won the championship just the year before in the middle of the season, but this decision sends a message as the main approach of the club, and that is that the only way to survive in Madrid is to win. Then you talk about winning the league that we won with mostly boring games and occasional good performances and the decline of our rivals.
Therefore, when I say that you seem to have become a Barca fan just last week, it's because either we didn't know the level of expectations of the club in these years or you are following a different Barca than the one we know. when the league is over before Christmas, while you don't play beautiful football and you don't have any injured players and the club president has sold his wife's kidneys to pay for the coach's wishes, It's a downfall in this business not a rise on the slope of happiness and success.

Givenchy

Interesting situation presents itself if Roque joins in January.. Xavi needs to man up and bench Lewa. Don't want any of Roque playing on the wing shite to accommodate the Polish tractor.

Lewa isn't lazy he's just finished, it happens to the best of players. Laporta takes the biggest L on this transfer though, pretty sure he was big name face of the project/commercial signing over what Xavi would actually envision.

Blanco

Barca won a lot of matches in which they played worse than today (Alaves, Celta, Sociedad, Sevilla). Today’s lost points are because of forwards. But even then i am not sure that this good display is result of Xavi’s tactics or just result of FDJ brilliant form. He took full responsibility for organizing all of the attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans