Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamrock

Please when playing cancelo at RB, have him over lap at least 50% of the time.

This cutting inside shit is getting annoying.

delancey

Doesn't matter how, just that we did..

The battle was won, just admit defeat and walk away...

You gave yourself the easiest L I've ever seen.

Tagging in people about K.O qualification lol.
Hey… your possy only needs 6 more members, and then you can start your own football team: FC Delusional. Ask Xavi and Oscar to manage. 😁👌

On a serious note, of course it matters how we qualify.

1. Tactics should be adapted depending on our opposition. If we cannot even outsmart RB Leipzig, how can we have confidence in our team to advance? Our tactics do not even inspire confidence against any of the pot 2 CL teams. That outta be a wake up call for you.

2. Enjoyment. How we win is as important (for me) as winning. Otherwise hire Conte or Mourinho.

3. Easy opposition makes it easier to… win. That is not an indicator of how we will fare against better teams in the KO stages. However, how we play… is.

Beyond that, we are flirting with the possibility of finishing outside of top 4 in LL. That is a real possibility rn, and should concern every fan.

Reactions: BJJ

Temptation

When so many players underperform at the same time, maybe there's something wrong with the manager?

Here are the players currently performing below their expectations:

Lewandowski
Raphinha
Felix(one good game a month)
Gundogan(decent ball circulation but very inconsistent in the final third and off the ball)
Pedri(his progress has stagnated under Xavi)
Romeu(you could argue he's just shite in general but he's supposed to be a decent squad player in LL games; also he was Xavi's suggestion)
Balde(same as Pedri. No progress after last season)
Kounde(looks much weaker in 1 on 1s and makes tactical mistakes)
Araujo(still playing well but looks weak and confused at times pointing towards Xavi's poor defensive organisation)
Cancelo(debatable inclusion; looks like a world beater in 1 game and pretty anonymous in the next 3).

Yeah, it seems like a bit of a management problem not getting the best out of the squad. And the squad hasn't turned on Xavi. He hasn't lost the dressing room. Yet it looks disjointed.

Like it or not, the manager is definitely one of the biggest problems. Period.

JohnN

When so many players underperform at the same time, maybe there's something wrong with the manager?

Here are the players currently performing below their expectations:

Lewandowski
Raphinha
Felix(one good game a month)
Gundogan(decent ball circulation but very inconsistent in the final third and off the ball)
Pedri(his progress has stagnated under Xavi)
Romeu(you could argue he's just shite in general but he's supposed to be a decent squad player in LL games; also he was Xavi's suggestion)
Balde(same as Pedri. No progress after last season)
Kounde(looks much weaker in 1 on 1s and makes tactical mistakes)
Araujo(still playing well but looks weak and confused at times pointing towards Xavi's poor defensive organisation)
Cancelo(debatable inclusion; looks like a world beater in 1 game and pretty anonymous in the next 3).

Yeah, it seems like a bit of a management problem not getting the best out of the squad. And the squad hasn't turned on Xavi. He hasn't lost the dressing room. Yet it looks disjointed.

Like it or not, the manager is definitely one of the biggest problems. Period.
It surely has something to do with the manager. wouldn't pin rafa and felix on him though. they never performed any better.
Gundo being inconsistent in front of goal, has hardly anything to do with the manager also.
overall as a team we perform worse than we should as a collective.

delancey

I was watching an ESPN clip on YouTube about why Barca is conceding more goals this season than last. Here’s my take, which wasn’t mentioned in the clip:

We started conceding ever since we switched from a 4-4-2 to 4-3-3. The latter system works when we score our chances and allow our attack to act as our defense.

So why aren’t we switching back to a 4-4-2? My guess is that Laporta pressured Xavi into reverting back to our signature 4-3-3 formation, to which Xavi demanded a left winger (Felix). Laporta obliged, and now Xavi is locked in to the 4-3-3 system.

Xavi should have insisted on being in charge without giving in to any demands. A defensive Mourinho/Conte philosophy clearly benefits Xavi’s limitations.

jairzinho

He seems out of ideas. The team looks disjointed and frustrated. We're not that far from dropping down to 5th in which case he's gone. Nothing would scare Laporta more than missing out on CL revenue next season. When you look at the table Bilbao are closer to us than we are to Girona and Madrid. Plus Athleti have a game in hand.

ajnotkeith

I was watching an ESPN clip on YouTube about why Barca is conceding more goals this season than last. Here’s my take, which wasn’t mentioned in the clip:

We started conceding ever since we switched from a 4-4-2 to 4-3-3. The latter system works when we score our chances and allow our attack to act as our defense.

So why aren’t we switching back to a 4-4-2? My guess is that Laporta pressured Xavi into reverting back to our signature 4-3-3 formation, to which Xavi demanded a left winger (Felix). Laporta obliged, and now Xavi is locked in to the 4-3-3 system.

Xavi should have insisted on being in charge without giving in to any demands. A defensive Mourinho/Conte philosophy clearly benefits Xavi’s limitations.
4-3-3 also fucked us last season and we were behind in the league and knocked out of CL groups using it, then we switched to the 4 box midfield.

Which was equally as ineffective in Europe but much much better in Liga and clearly had much more control over games.

One thing to note though is we still had Dembele at that point who would fill in the creative flaws in the team. We still haven't replaced him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans