Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Poch would never be a realistic option since he doesn't want to coach Barca.
He's also never going to be the type of manager that will succeed at a club with high expectations. He's simply not that guy. He's more in that Simeone mould where he need to foster that underdog mentality at a lower level club. Even more so than Simeone.

BJJ

Xavi is not the only problem at the club. There are many. However, at present is the biggest problem and the one we can take action on. We can't boot Laporta out mid season and we can't sell half of the squad either.
Every decent manager has a good assistant too. Xavi has his brother. Nuff said. He was also a whiny git as a player. Definitely not manager material.
We are in danger of missing out on CL in a weak la liga. Let that set in. Laporta has to take action now or we will be looking at El next season. We can't afford that.

delancey

Xavi is not the only problem at the club. There are many. However, at present is the biggest problem and the one we can take action on. We can't boot Laporta out mid season and we can't sell half of the squad either.
Every decent manager has a good assistant too. Xavi has his brother. Nuff said. He was also a whiny git as a player. Definitely not manager material.
We are in danger of missing out on CL in a weak la liga. Let that set in. Laporta has to take action now or we will be looking at El next season. We can't afford that.
Xavi may not be the only problem, but hiring the right manager can have an immediate and deliberate impact on how we play and the consequential results.

Emery is a great example of a manager who took over a seemingly mediocre team, and it’s been performing beyond expectations ever since.

It starts at the top.

Xavi out. :lol:

BJJ

Xavi may not be the only problem, but hiring the right manager can have an immediate and deliberate impact on how we play and the consequential results.

Emery is a great example of a manager who took over a seemingly mediocre team, and it’s been performing beyond expectations ever since.

It starts at the top.

Xavi out. :lol:
I agree but who will be his replacement?

Birdy

Poch would never be a realistic option since he doesn't want to coach Barca.
He's also never going to be the type of manager that will succeed at a club with high expectations. He's simply not that guy. He's more in that Simeone mould where he need to foster that underdog mentality at a lower level club. Even more so than Simeone.

Poch was close to becoming Barca coach twice, Jan '20 after EV dismissal, and Aug '20 before Koeman was hired. Both times, he had agreed to coach Barca and was excited by the opportunity.
That idiot-criminal Barto chickened out both times because of his past pro-Espanyol, anti-Barca sentiments.
In the professional word, there are no kind of sentimentalisms like the ones you describe.
as for the rest, you underrate/disrespect him a lot, like many others here. The Emery/Tuchel cases at PSG didn't teach you enough?

BJJ

I like the idea of Marquez as interim until season end… then reassess.

Or Flick?

Emery is another option.

Who are your favorites?
Yeah, I agree with you. However Emery has a good thing going at Villa and would be tough to prise away.
Flick would be a good choice.
Marquez as interim coach might be disastrous. He's not really a club legend and I'm not sure he's experienced or respected enough to lead this dressing room.

Messigician

Yeah, I agree with you. However Emery has a good thing going at Villa and would be tough to prise away.
Flick would be a good choice.
Marquez as interim coach might be disastrous. He's not really a club legend and I'm not sure he's experienced or respected enough to lead this dressing room.
He’s a club legend

The best Mexican player of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans