Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJJ

It's always hilarious watching him celebrate victories against teams as if he's won the CL.
We're talking teams with 1/20th of our budget.
Shameless.

Last edited:

BusiTheKing

He's an idiot if he truly believes it's "passion" or "fight" that's missing. There is plenty of intensity. What we need is organization and instruction. Often we have three players sprinting forward in press just for their player to make a simple pass through. If we are this wasteful with our energy in defense, no wonder we have less to give in attack.

When teams like Almeria evidently beat our press without much trouble, it is cause to re-think the theory behind what we do. Switch to organized, apprehensive defense with close lines and leave the intense bursts of press for when we have just lost the ball and have a good chance of agitating them into a mistake.

ajnotkeith

We are playing with twice the intensity as we did under Valverde for example. Tonight Sergi Roberto had run 10k with only a little more than an our played.
We record some of the best numbers in the world for distance run, it isn't that at all.
He knows it as well - he said some time ago that we had data on sprints and distance covered and that Barca were top in every statistic.
He's just beating a dead horse with this intensity stuff because the team, if anything, is way too intense, they run unnecessarily and don't stop and think or make the smart movements.

BJJ

I agree. The players are probably getting burnt-out and sick of this fraud.
We don't lack intensity. We lack structure and tactical know how. That comes from the coaching staff.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Yeah, it's time - Xavi out. I didn't even watch todays game after the Shakhtar, Girona, Valencia etc fiascos - and I still remember last years CL and EL exits and how terrible we were. Xavi's time is up and I'm sick and tired of his sorry ass excuses and blaming everybody else than himself. I wish we lost today so he could be one step nearer the exit door.

FCBfan22

We are headless chickens at this point and depend on players like Frenkie, who seem to know what to do without instructions.

Gavi was the sign. It seems that he is one of those players that reflects the quality of coaching and is dependant on it. He turned him from a decent player into a thug headless chicken in a bit more than a year. He could do his job if he surrounded himself with good coaches... But he chose inept people not via nepotism.

Andresito

Staff member
Quotes from mister below. I think him, the staff and the players need to take a good look in the mirror. It's not a problem of one part, but a combined one.

Xavi: “This is a match that should’ve ended 2-0 or 3-0, but the team does not have the spirit that it showed last season, nor the aggression or focus. This is unacceptable.”
"I can’t accept our first half, it’s my fault and it won’t happen again”.

“We were not aggressive. It’s unacceptable”.

“We are NOT Barça 2010 here. Run like animals or no chance. Fight on every ball or we won’t win any title”.

“We need to fight. I wanna see passion”.

BJJ

Quotes from mister below. I think him, the staff and the players need to take a good look in the mirror. It's not a problem of one part, but a combined one.

Xavi: “This is a match that should’ve ended 2-0 or 3-0, but the team does not have the spirit that it showed last season, nor the aggression or focus. This is unacceptable.”

“We are NOT Barça 2010 here. Run like animals or no chance. Fight on every ball or we won’t win any title”.

🤣

He belongs at Wimbledon or Bolton. More suited his style.

FCBfan22

So, in short, work hard not smart.

vegitot

So he implies the current team suck when it comes to technique and not smart enough? Ok, he isn't wrong but i wonder if players start to get tired of him.

If he loses the dressroom, there is no hope for the rest of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans