Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajnotkeith

Quotes from mister below. I think him, the staff and the players need to take a good look in the mirror. It's not a problem of one part, but a combined one.

Xavi: “This is a match that should’ve ended 2-0 or 3-0, but the team does not have the spirit that it showed last season, nor the aggression or focus. This is unacceptable.”
"I can’t accept our first half, it’s my fault and it won’t happen again”.

“We were not aggressive. It’s unacceptable”.

“We are NOT Barça 2010 here. Run like animals or no chance. Fight on every ball or we won’t win any title”.

“We need to fight. I wanna see passion”.
To be honest it's all rubbish. The team runs more than enough, if anything, we press like wild animals, that's the problem, we don't have mental pause or any thought processes.

I hope this is just for the cameras because if this is what he's telling them behind the scenes we're fucked.

He cant seriously be that blind, being the amazing player he was, to think literally every problem in the book is just 'intensity' every single time we lose or play badly. Like wtf? It's becoming a joke. Is this guy making any critical analysis at all?

Starting to think that he will fall out of football management after he leaves Barca.

Last edited:

delancey

I could see him doing well at a mid-table team that doesn’t expect perpetual wins and beautiful football. He should have followed in Luis Enrique’s footsteps.

Windhook

I'll quote more from Xavi, what Andresito did previously:
There was no intensity or aggressiveness, I told the players that at half-time. We simply can’t afford to not give our 100 per cent. If we don’t do this, we just don’t have the level to compete for trophies. It’s very worrying that a squad that has only won one La Liga title lacks this team spirit, but this is not happening again. This is my responsibility.

We do not possess the 2010 Barcelona’s quality, we just don’t. We need to run our socks off. If we don’t run like animals, we won’t win games. This needs to change. If we can’t be clinical, we need to have soul as a team. This is Barcelona. Last year we won the league title because we were an aggressive team, we recovered 2,000 balls in the opposition’s half and were clinical in both boxes. There’s nothing from that this season. I understand the booing. I’m not in favour and I don’t like it, I’ve been to the Camp Nou a million times and never booed my own players because I could understand their position, but I totally understand the fans’ frustration.

I'm more and more convinced how valuable Gavi is to Xaviball. It's not Xaviball anymore, but chaotic improv on the wings with hardly anyone in midfield pressing to recover the ball. Someone has to do the dirty job. :lol:

Last edited:

L3v1s

So he implies the current team suck when it comes to technique and not smart enough? Ok, he isn't wrong but i wonder if players start to get tired of him.

If he loses the dressroom, there is no hope for the rest of the season.
I'm starting to wonder if the team is deliberately playing this bad in an attempt to get him sacked....

serghei

He is totally right to have a go at the players. Abysmal from many of them. Both in offense, and in defense. Individual errors constantly this season.

But... this still doesn't change anything. These are the players... you have to make them play.

serghei

The conceded goals vs Almeria were a failed clearance by Araujo due to his, let's face it, poor technique, and a blunder by Inaki Pena. And then they had a free header when Oriol guy lost his marker like an amateur.

That's it. 3 individual fuck-ups, 3 conceded chances, 2 goals.

JamDav1982

Biggest part of caoches job is getting the best out of their players and also putting them in position to succeed.

Xavi like every other coach will suffer and take the main blame if that is not happening and players making errors.. he doesnt get off scot free when that happens.

Just as he will get praise if individuals have top games with the team and win.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
The conceded goals vs Almeria were a failed clearance by Araujo due to his, let's face it, poor technique, and a blunder by Inaki Pena. And then they had a free header when Oriol guy lost his marker like an amateur.

Yeah my dude, but we were STRUGGLING HARD with or without mistakes - and fuck me we can't create and we can't put the ball in the net... AND we play awful football, I didn't even watch the other day because it gives physical and psychological pain :cry:

ajnotkeith

I don't like this kind of analysis because it only ever goes one way.

Do we get to cross off our two corner goals because both of them came directly from an opponent error and not good play? Or does it only count when reviewing goals against us?

fayerteam

Xavi must go, regrettably. He has no ideas how to improve Barca’s boring games. Its a shame, that almost every other team has improved, but Barcelona plays like players just met and have no game plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans