Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

2. Point here is that you’re using our low ridiculous transfer budget to justify our atrocious football under Xavi. This metric, however, doesn’t reflect the quality of our squad. Does Nohtingham Forrest have top players at its disposal? TS, Christensen, Kounde, Canceló, Pedri, Gavi, De Jong, ,Gündogan, Lewa, Felix, and Raphinha? Hence why it’s a silly comparison!

I am countering your argument by highlighting that the club found other ways of bringing in top players despite La Liga’s ridiculous FFP restrictions. This has resulted in us having a damn good squad!

Besides, clubs like Girona spent 27,240,000 euro on wages in 2023. We spent 204,710,000 euro in 2023. Yet Girona play a hell of a lot better than us! Why is that, Serghei? Why is AV playing better football than Man U, consistently?

So no… I don’t feel sorry for us, and our current squad is certainly not to blame.

Our football is not atrocious. So... I can't justify something I don't even agree with in the first place. :lol:

The club has better squad than Notthingham Forest, and better management (better management does better with fewer money than the competition, as Barca did lately). I agree with that, obviously. But... to compare with the top top teams, we need much more than that.

I need to remind people that our competition is Real Madrid, one of the best 2-3 sides in Europe. Not Nottingham lol.

Also, you, like others, don't even realize the point I'm making. It's fine btw, I'm used to that.

I'm not blaming our squad. Our squad is good, very good all things considered. I'm blaming the clueless, delusional fans, like most of the guys here who post regularly. Not the old posters. Those were much more realistic and grounded, but they have left the forum or post very rarely. The club is doing very well.

Last edited:

delancey

Our football is not atrocious. So... I can't justify something I don't even agree with in the first place. :lol:

The club has better squad than Notthingham Forest, and better management (better management does better with fewer money than the competition, as Barca did lately). I agree with that, obviously. But... to compare with the top top teams, we need much more than that.

I need to remind people that our competition is Real Madrid, one of the best 2-3 sides in Europe. Not Nottingham lol.

Also, you, like others, don't even realize the point I'm making. It's fine btw, I'm used to that.

I'm not blaming our squad. Our squad is good, very good all things considered. I'm blaming the clueless, delusional fans, like most of the guys here who post regularly. Not the old posters. Those were much more realistic and grounded, but they have left the forum or post very rarely. The club is doing very well.
Out of curiosity, on a scale from 1 to 10, how well would you say we are playing this season?

If we get knocked out of the CL against Napoli and finish below Girona, is this a justified reason for dismissing Xavi? If not, what would need to happen for you to say: enough is enough?

Finally, and I must ask, do you enjoy Xavi’s brand of football?

serghei

Out of curiosity, on a scale from 1 to 10, how well would you say we are playing this season?

Hard to say. Results are not good, but the team should probably be 1st place by the quality of play. Lost points in many games we should have won easily.

I'd say 7/10, because results are very important.

If we get knocked out of the CL against Napoli and finish below Girona, is this a justified reason for dismissing Xavi? If not, what would need to happen for you to say: enough is enough?

No. Xavi should stay for next season even in this case. You don't sack a title-winning manager in his first bad season. You give him a chance to turn things around imo.

Next season if he doesn't deliver big time, sure, his time is up. Let's say that you get one bad season at Barcelona, after a top one. That's still being quite exigent mind you.

Season is half-way though. Titles can still be won. Including Copa del Rey, Supercup, and going far in CL.

Messigician

Hard to say. Results are not good, but the team should probably be 1st place by the quality of play. Lost points in many games we should have won easily.

No. Xavi should stay for next season even in this case. You don't sack a title-winning manager in his first bad season. You give him a chance to turn things around imo.

Next season if he doesn't deliver big time, sure, time to go.
Why do Prime Chelsea , Bayern and Real Madrid do it

ajnotkeith

Next season if he doesn't deliver big time, sure, his time is up. Let's say that you get one bad season at Barcelona, after a top one. That's still being quite exigent mind you.

Season is half-way though. Titles can still be won. Including Copa del Rey, Supercup, and going far in CL.
I think the problem is that we weren't brilliant last season despite winning the title and we aren't showing clear direction from and since.

We were grouped in CL and then knocked out of the EL. That shouldn't happen to a team having an amazing season, regardless of if being matched with Inter was hard, neither them or Bayern were in good form at that time.

So despite a good title win there was still doubts that are being expanded on now. The question is does that title signify great management or did it just come in perfect conditions that won't be replicated.

Iniesta Ultra

Xavi thinks no one's competent enough to perform dna so he's taken a hard anti-dna stance, preferring hard working retards to run like pigs. And if anyone threatens that illusion like Puig they get cancelled.

JohnN

because its hardly the case a manager improves after the team gors downhill. Once downhill that road you need a change. not talking about periods of inconsistency or not in form, but a gradual, steady decline as we are now.
A regression that cannot be attributed to players since we improved in that aspect.

serghei

I think the problem is that we weren't brilliant last season despite winning the title and we aren't showing clear direction from and since.

We were grouped in CL and then knocked out of the EL. That shouldn't happen to a team having an amazing season, regardless of if being matched with Inter was hard, neither them or Bayern were in good form at that time.

So despite a good title win there was still doubts that are being expanded on now. The question is does that title signify great management or did it just come in perfect conditions that won't be replicated.

Brilliance is out of the question for the current team. No manager is gonna change that. With the current squad, a La Liga title + a CL semifinal or something in the same season is the kind of amazingness no manager can reasonably hope to achieve imo.

We were very good last season. Also people need to realize the CL group we had last season was a rarity, extreme bad luck. We basically drew a CL finalist from Pot 3.

If some dude gets named as a manager instead of Xavi is gonna bring that sort of glory on current circumstances, I'm not opposed to it. Bring him on board and lets roll back the years.

serghei

because its hardly the case a manager improves after the team gors downhill. Once downhill that road you need a change. not talking about periods of inconsistency or not in form, but a gradual, steady decline as we are now.
A regression that cannot be attributed to players since we improved in that aspect.

It can be attributed to players if we generate most big chances as stats show, but convert poorly. Manager is not there to put the ball in the net. As Pep used to say, the role of the manager is to get his team to create chances, and from there, the attacking players need to make a difference.

Xavi can be blamed for player selection, but in terms of transfer the finances play a huge role, and that is not on him.

Don't know why you guys insist with this, since sofascore calculated that Barca are no1 in terms of big chance creation. In such circumstances, the manager needs to be given some credit. So I don't know on what basis you say the regression cannot be attributed to players, when it's obvious that the players failed to convert the many chances they had into goals. The offensive players are most directly responsible for the low number of goals the team scored this season.

Oh, if the team fails to create chances, that's down to the manager. Not what has been happening at all this season.

Last edited:

Porque

Even if you keep him in the same environment he is not gonna mantain this level. You think next season Girona is gonna have the same run? Surprises sometimes happen, but they don't last. Greece in 2004, Leicester, Monaco in CL, Morrocco in the semifinals of the World Cup, and so on. The examples are too may to count.

Girona is probably gonna finish top 4 this season (don't think they pull off a Leicester), and drop down back to 6-10 places next season, which would be their normal level.

Yeah, I guess my point is (and it may not end up being a very good one) that is best, for him, to stay in this Girona and complete the title challenge.

It would be like taking Mahrez out of that Prem winning team in the winter market. Sure he probably ends up the same great player, but that challenge/win gave him way more growth than moving to a big club at that point.

As for Aleix Garcia here, not that convinced right now. Eric was our worst CB and now is killing it in Girona. Oriol was great at Girona but so bad here that he is already on his way to Getafe.

So that's the why we have to look at before signing Aleix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans