Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Temptation

I respect the forum very much for believing in free speech. Whatever my position may be, and however much I may dislike someone’s take or philosophy (on whatever), they have a right to be heard. ✌️
Once upon a time, I bought 10 Real Madrid underwears with the number 4 on it. I was wearing it along with a Barcelona themed hat lol. That underwear was so comfortable. MCUOAT. Most Comfortable Underwear Of All Time.

Football fans are stupid. I don't know how people can disrespect Real Madrid. They were the GOAT club ever since they won by 1 goal against Sporting Gijon in 2004.

delancey

Once upon a time, I bought 10 Real Madrid underwears with the number 4 on it. I was wearing it along with a Barcelona themed hat lol. That underwear was so comfortable. MCUOAT. Most Comfortable Underwear Of All Time.

Football fans are stupid. I don't know how people can disrespect Real Madrid. They were the GOAT club ever since they won by 1 goal against Sporting Gijon in 2004.
MCUOAT. 😂

Once upon a time, Barca smashed that RM side into a million pieces. Over and over again. It was glorious. 😍 But it’s still vital that RM fans can speak of these glorious events freely. 😜

Catta

FFS, for a moment I thought Zanetti is back again :lol:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Xavi should have gone the same way as Xabi: Coaching a top5 league team before going to a big team, would not surprise me if Xabi said Perez he wants to stay at Leverkusen and come to Real after his contract ends. Way better than coaching in Katar and then coming to Barca.

serghei

It's the same discussion every day.

Somehow serghei always goes back to the same arguments about other teams being able to spend way more money than we can, how other teams have better players, how other teams have this or that.

No sane person expects this team to play like Man City, but is it really unreasonable to expect this team to play much better and outplay teams in La Liga and do better? Is it really unreasonable for this team to play better and get good results vs. inferior teams in Europe?

We have spent some money, although not as much as a few other teams obviously, but this is a squad mostly constructed by Xavi so he has to take some of the blame if the players signed are not good enough or not playing up to the expectations people have of them.

The irony is that the team did that last season and more. Actually outplayed Madrid and had a better season than them. :lol:

So, I don't know exactly what you are on about. Unless, as said, you are so fickle as to demand that every fucking game.

serghei

For now, I will leave it be. Until one of you guys can come up with some coherent piece of argument at least. Something that does not include some of these "pearls":

- Madrid are crap (CL winners at the time of last season when we beat them for the title, 11 time CL semifinalist in the last 13 editions)
- Barcelona has invested big money in this squad (spent as much on their squad as Nottingham Forest, the data is out there)
- La Liga is a shit league (no2 in Europe after EPL; in terms of results, best league in European Competitions in the last 2 seasons with 2 out of 4 titles, most teams in Champions League this season with 4)
- Barca has been playing like crap (most big chances created in the big 5 leagues this season, Champions of Spain last season)

All of these argument are so blatantly insulting to common sense it's just too funny. :lol: Just don't use these. Say you don't like how the team plays and you hate Xavi's style, and I have no problem with it.

delancey

@serghei

1. Real Madrid is a very good team, a true Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, capable of inflicting damage against any big team. They also have a great manager. Nothing to discuss here, really. Last season, RM was inconsistent in La Liga.

2. Our wage bill is the sixth biggest in the world if I recall correctly. In addition, we have brought in many very talented players on loan or as free transfers, players capable of sliding into any or most top teams. Actually Laporta and co have done a wonderful job at building a competitive team while conforming to La Liga’s stringent FFP regulations. As far as individual talent is concerned, our team is one of the very best.

What is Nottingham Forrest’s wage bill, eh? You act as if our team sucks. We have many excellent players who need a great manager.

3. Point here is that EPL’s bottom 12 clubs are much more competitive than La Liga’s equivalent. Newcastle, Chelsea, Wolves and Bournemouth occupy 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th spot, respectively. Hence why it’s significantly more difficult to do well in EPL than in La Liga due to competition. But sure, as far as top 5 La Liga teams are concerned, they are competitive in Europe. Very much so.

4. You assume that all chances are equal, but each angle has a different goal scoring probability. What may contribute to our chances coming from poor angles? Low intensity, poorly executed transitions, predictable tactics, few patterns of play, et al. For example, if an attack results in a shot from a forward marked by 3 defenders, the probability of scoring is lower than if the opportunity to score caught opposition defenders off guard.

Or… if Xavi insists on our mids always passing the ball out to the wings, many chances will occur from poor angles.

The fact that we have so many chances without scoring is a worrying statistic, for it indicates, yet again, that our game plan isn’t working. Xavi is in charge of that. No one else!

Last edited:

serghei

2. The argument was about sums paid for players as transfer fees. Top players of a good age are almost never out of contract. Old players, sure, they can be out of contract (especially if they want a 3-year contract extension, and they are 33-35 already). But good players, that play at a good level and have a good age, you need to pay big money to sign them. In this key area, Barcelona is at the level of Nottingham Forrest. There's nothing to agree and disagree with. Just accept, and consider it, or continue to be ignorant about it.

3. EPL is a stronger league than La Liga. But the teams in EPL are far stronger financially. They are not more competitive just like that, by being better managed, as some posters around here think. In football, miracles are super-rare. EPL teams are richer, afford better players than some Almeria or Getafe. This doesn't make La Liga shit. It's the 2nd best league easily. In fact, it's the opposite. Judging by the money available for EPL teams comparative to La Liga sides, it's super-impressive a team like Sevilla humiliated Manchester United in Europa League.

4. The sofascore stat that has us 1st in big chances created probably has a mechanism for considering what is a big chance. You can take a look at xG stats in our games this season if you want. There's no doubt that Barcelona creates many chances to score in almost every game. Sure, there are some bad games here and there, like vs Alaves, where the team plays poorly. But in most games, the team has created many chances. It is visible with the naked eye even. Vs Valencia and Girona, the team created enough chances to score about 8-9 goals. They scored 3. Instead of 6 points, they got 1. That's the main issue this season.

Last edited:

iniestaGOAT

Keep giving Xavi/Oscar 200m until they get it right? That’s your argument? 😂
Did you pick up on anything I wrote above?

Leadership first. Quality of players second. I am so convinced of this that you could give a normal EPL squad to Emery or Pep, and they would turn them into beasts.

But the opposite is also true; give a top squad to an average manager, and he’d get involved in a relegation battle… or make the squad battle it out for top 4 in an inferior league.

Leadership matters. Fuck nepotism.

Didn't pep get money over and over again to spend on full backs until he got it right at man city?
Didn't arteta get money over and over again? 1 billion plus with no trophies to show for kt
Isn't ten haag getting money to spend again after signing flops after flops?

Of course you give xavi more money.

Unless you are an idiot

Which you clearly are .

iniestaGOAT

Xavi should have gone the same way as Xabi: Coaching a top5 league team before going to a big team, would not surprise me if Xabi said Perez he wants to stay at Leverkusen and come to Real after his contract ends. Way better than coaching in Katar and then coming to Barca.

Xabi Alonso had to coach a top 5 league team cause he was average player.

It would definitely surprise me if Perez offered that booty a Madrid coaching job and he said no when he started his career.

serghei

Madrid already have an elite manager. One of the best of all time, and a class act also. They are in no rush to get Xabi Alonso. :lol:

iniestaGOAT

Yup that's the point I tried to make too, but I think I know what's happening here. Someone takes a really strong stance and then digs deeper and deeper to the point said person starts believing in their own nonsense and it becomes hard to see things objectively.

And yes it's the same discussion every single day and every single page - not surprising posters would leave. I've started visiting the forum far lesser too actually. I wish people would stop going on and on with posters like Seghei for example. We've made out t point. He's never ever going to post objectively (he even admitted he will never change his mind snout xavi this season no matter what happens). I just wish the forum could move on.

Only thing the forum should move on from is whining about Xavi Hernandez.

Your daddy.

No wonder people leave. Like myself.

We ain't interested in your crying.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Xavi wants Girona's midfield player Aleix Garcia! Girona's president said he wants that every player stays but he said '' a player can go if you pay his clause''

he costs 20mio!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans