Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorin

I think he is better than Lampard but I do not see xavi as an average coach. Below average for sure, average coaches at least realise they are average, Xavi thinks he is the shit and you end up with defending against RM with the back line at the halfway line.

He is too arogant to be average.

jairzinho

He won't be sacked even though he should be. Laporta is deluded and probably thinks Xavi is the 2nd coming of Pep. Time to let go of this Barca DNA nonsense. Sentimentality is ruining this club.

JamDav1982

How on earth did he manage to get a new contract for him and his brother on much bigger wages?

Fucking awful from board to give him that.

There was absolutely no reason for it.

Devils

I think he is better than Lampard but I do not see xavi as an average coach. Below average for sure, average coaches at least realise they are average, Xavi thinks he is the shit and you end up with defending against RM with the back line at the halfway line.

He is too arogant to be average.
Hard to say for me. I genuinely think if Xavi was in charge of Chelsea and managed in EPL, they would comfortably get relegated lol.

He's Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, Wayne Rooney level for me.

Will definitely end up coaching no qatar, saudi, mexico, japan etc...after his time at Barca. Shambolic manager.

Sorin

Hard to say for me. I genuinely think if Xavi was in charge of Chelsea and managed in EPL, they would comfortably get relegated lol.

He's Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, Wayne Rooney level for me.

Will definitely end up coaching no qatar, saudi, mexico, japan etc...after his time at Barca. Shambolic manager.
He at least has that title, La Liga, while also taking some dumps on teams like RM here and there. Lampard was well on his way to relegate Chelsea. I think he edges the PL trio so far lol

Anyway, his level will be shown after Barcelona. Let’s see the clubs that will want to secure his services. I don’t think too many mid level teams will want Xavi.

I will say one thing, he still has time to improve, not like he’s 60. How much, only time will tell.

khaled_a_d

You need few things to play highline like that:
-A sweeper GK.
-High pressing team, which is actually the reason managers want to play highline in the first place.
-Fast CB.

Barca hasn't been a good pressing team since the treble season in 2015, Pena is a GK who is glued to the 6 yard box, and our only quick CB was put as RB to hug the sidelines.

This was simply suicidal tactics.

I mean, ok, I get that many folks think we aren't good enough, but if we aren't good enough we need a realistic approach rather than an ego centric one.

serghei

You need few things to play highline like that:
-A sweeper GK.
-High pressing team, which is actually the reason managers want to play highline in the first place.
-Fast CB.

Barca hasn't been a good pressing team since the treble season in 2015, Pena is a GK who is glued to the 6 yard box, and our only quick CB was put as RB to hug the sidelines.

This was simply suicidal tactics.

I mean, ok, I get that many folks think we aren't good enough, but if we aren't good enough we need a realistic approach rather than an ego centric one.

Of course. His tactics from last season, even if deemed defensive by some fans and media, were more realistic and pragmatic.

serghei

The solution in terms of gameplan vs this Madrid are the first Copa match on Bernabeu, and the La Liga home game on Camp Nou.

JamDav1982

The solution is to get the basics right in team shape and distances etc before even look at tactics... get the basics right no matter how want to play. Just didnt do that today.

Today was terrible coaching and application of tactics as much as anything.

The gaps between the defenders was horrific.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans