Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
In a way, Barca may as well keep him until the summer and mutually agree to leave then assess what coaches will be available and then give them a pre-season with the squad and 1 or 2 potential signings if possible.

Worry is that Barca end up replacing him in January with someone like Marquez who gets some initial results from new manager bounce and then the club acts to hastily in giving him a longer deal, only to find themselves stuck in the same situation a little further down the line.

Could they even attract a semi-decent manager at this rate when Laporta and his cronies keep butting in to make poor investments with the little money we have available?

Call me crazy, but I think at this rate even someone like Michel at Girona due to the City Group connection might reject an offer from us.

fergus90

This is very serious.
I have been writing it for some months, when I realized that Xavi will fail miserably this season since his black magic pot emptied:

Laporta has to ABSOLUTELY NOT fuck up the next coach appointment.
If he does, the club will be solidified behind Madrid for many many years, and his mandate will be one of the worst in recent Barca history,
The lack of expertise at board level is telling this time around, no Cruyff to point him in the right direction or the likes of Begiristain.

The rest of them now at City and they're thriving.

Whilst Laporta makes one man the coach, scout and sporting director.

Devils

That walking ball of cholesterol needs to sack Xavi tonight.

What a clown show this club has become.

They actually pulled all these levers so Xavi could sign a bunch of trash players and manage a team at level that would make Qique Setien proud.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Catalans need to be removed from this club.

fergus90

Could they even attract a semi-decent manager at this rate when Laporta and his cronies keep butting in to make poor investments with the little money we have available?

Call me crazy, but I think at this rate even someone like Michel at Girona due to the City Group connection might reject an offer from us.
Honestly, I'm not even sure they could. The Barca name doesn't carry the weight it used to, the world is aware at how messy the club is.

DonAK

I said it a few days ago.

Laporta is only as good as the people he surround himself with. He's right now got a group of clueless yes men around him.

No Ferran Soriano, no Txiki, no Cruyff.

Not to forget he had like 5/6 people from his board and original plan resign within like a year due to differences over the palancas, ownership structure of the club, some strange deals and other issues.

It's a mess from top to bottom.

JamDav1982

His biggest issue tonight was not knowing how to deal with way EV set up to prevent FDJ/Gundo getting ball from defence.

They wanted Araujo/Kounde etc on it and thats what happened.

Both Araujo and Kounde are very limited cant play it out under pressure.

The two best defenders tonight under pressure on ball were 17.

Birdy

I said it a few days ago.

Laporta is only as good as the people he surround himself with. He's right now got a group of clueless yes men around him.

No Ferran Soriano, no Txiki, no Cruyff.

Not to forget he had like 5/6 people from his board and original plan resign within like a year due to differences over the palancas, ownership structure of the club, some strange deals and other issues.

It's a mess from top to bottom.

Time to move on to a serious model then based on expertise.
Hope Font is able to do that

Givenchy

Time to move on to a serious model then based on expertise.
Hope Font is able to do that
wasn't Font the one twerking for Xavi the hardest? Wouldn't put much faith in him

We as fans know what needs to happen but in reality it won't, so, we are left waiting on a miracle - the next Pep is unearthed or la masia produces another golden generation, both are slim to none

DonAK

The brain drain from the club over the last 10-15 years is the biggest issue.
Already started towards the end of Laporta's tenure with several of his executives resigning, then Bartomeu & Rosell came in to finish the job.
Now most of them are working at other top European clubs and doing well.

Porque

God knows what's going through Xavi head.

Coz we just spent 40m+ on a player he is doesn't want to play, not even when we need a goal.

So if we get a new manager it must be someone who is on board with who we want to develop and not someone who is going to need his own signings.

So yeah, unless that person can also make all the equity tied up in Raphinha, Kounde and Lewandowski look incredible, then good luck.

ajnotkeith

God knows what's going through Xavi head.

Coz we just spent 40m+ on a player he is doesn't want to play, not even when we need a goal.

So if we get a new manager it must be someone who is on board with who we want to develop and not someone who is going to need his own signings.

So yeah, unless that person can also make all the equity tied up in Raphinha, Kounde and Lewandowski look incredible, then good luck.
When all the players who come here get worse and the best ones increasingly seem to be all ones who were already here or youth players you might be forgiven for thinking that the problem might not be the signings and actually the manager integrating them.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I've had enough! I won't watch anymore as long as Xavi is here - it's just so bad and I've had enough of his face and his stupid ass excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans