Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdy

Victor Font wanted to give Xavi all the power. Make him a de-facto sporting director/CEO of the football side as well as the manager.
Most of these guys are frauds.
That's not so accurate, despite Font's obsession with Xavi:

Making him SD was the line he was pushing so as not to appear insulting to Koeman back then.
In reality, he was gonna make him a coach, just that.
They had an agreement about it, because Font thought that Xavi is a promising coach :)LOL:) and he had supported him in his campaign

Now many things have changed:
- Xavi backstabbed him soon after to make sure the path to be a Barca coach was not closed
- Xavi became coach, and we all saw how good he currently is

The next Font campaign will have 0 Xavi in it I am sure

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That's not so accurate, despite Font's obsession with Xavi:

Making him SD was the line he was pushing so as not to appear insulting to Koeman back then.
In reality, he was gonna make him a coach, just that.
They had an agreement about it, because Font thought that Xavi is a promising coach :)LOL:) and he had supported him in his campaign

Now many things have changed:
- Xavi backstabbed him soon after to make sure the path to be a Barca coach was not closed
- Xavi became coach, and we all saw how good he currently is

The next Font campaign will have 0 Xavi in it I am sure

I don't think Victor Font is the solution.

Frankly I don't think the current ownership model in general is the solution, because every 3-5 years you're most likely going to have a new President that will fire people from the previous administration to hire his own people.

No top level executive, director, scout would want to work at a club riddled with petty politics, instability, deeply rooted with croynism.

Xavi is a poor manager, but this club have a lot of underlying issues. A new, better manager would help, but how is that a long-term solution when we could go back to zero within five years?

The only reason Real Madrid aren't a bit of an unstable mess themselves is because Florentino Perez is essentially the de-factor owner of the club. He has no challenger for the Real Madrid presidency for as long as he's alive and want to run, and he's learned some lessons from his previous failures, AND is uber rich and has a lot of influence politically in Spain.

FCBfan22

His overall setup was shite tonight again. Had no idea what to do when FDJ got pressed. Changed nothing, adjusted nothing.

Subs were ok, considering who is availible, but that's it. Pedri looked like he was awake for 40 hours and was subbed too late.

To me, it looks like he lost the dressing room, namely FDJ, Lewa and Araujo. One doesn't fight anymore and looks uninspired, one is an old primadona and the third one has lost all fighting spirit. Especially FDJ is worriying as he is the heart of this team. Has to go.

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

And no surprises. Xavi basically blamed players for loss. "Lack of concentration and individual errors".

Pathetic.
The only two things he says anymore these days = "Individual mistakes" or "Intensity".

Never seen him give a better or critical analysis of Barca's games other than those two things.

Birdy

I don't think Victor Font is the solution.

Frankly I don't think the current ownership model in general is the solution, because every 3-5 years you're most likely going to have a new President that will fire people from the previous administration to hire his own people.

No top level executive, director, scout would want to work at a club riddled with petty politics, instability, deeply rooted with croynism.

Xavi is a poor manager, but this club have a lot of underlying issues. A new, better manager would help, but how is that a long-term solution when we could go back to zero within five years?

The only reason Real Madrid aren't a bit of an unstable mess themselves is because Florentino Perez is essentially the de-factor owner of the club. He has no challenger for the Real Madrid presidency for as long as he's alive and want to run, and he's learned some lessons from his previous failures, AND is uber rich and has a lot of influence politically in Spain.

Barca could have their own Perez.
Be sure, if the right president is found, if he reinstates and re-founds the club with the right structure, and leads it to success, he will get voted over and over again.
And that can still happen without changing the ownership model.

The only candidate from which I have heard a vision about the future, and at least some expertise on how to do it, is Font. Frankly, I haven't seen anyone else. Laporta never had a vision to begin with. The others are not even worth commenting.

Kul_z

I asked politely months ago if someone could pull of a statistic of how many games we conceded in first 10 minutes under xavi, hell to be fair to xavi i pulled from first 5 minutes. Lack of concentration my ass, xavi's team conceded more goals in first 5 mins of the game then all the managers combined since guardiola era. His preparation sucks. His tactics suck. He suck.

xXKonan

Typical Xavi management.

Things go to shit quick and doesn't know how to read the game to make adjustments and we lose.

He just expects his subs to figure it out without proper instructions and hope for the best.

JamDav1982

One of the biggest jobs of a coach is organising a team tactically so stupid goals are not given away and also making sure players are mentally prepared.

That is no excuse.

JamDav1982

Couple year ago the board were selling levers with line that 'Barca can never have a rebuilding year and need this money'.

Fast forward a year and half and playing Bilbao in cup with a 16 yrd old, x2 17 year olds and and 18 year old and Sergi Roberto in midfield.

Wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans