Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iniesta Ultra

Personally think him staying until June is correct because the club need to conduct a proper manager search rather than getting too giddy over signing an interim manager permanently after a month of good results.

Dunno why you think an interim manager would have to be renewed before interim period's over.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Xavi has FORGIVEN his entire salary for the next year of his contract. [ @sport ]

This experience doesn't put an inch of shade on his legacy for me. The greatest central midfielder of all time, who won so much for the club as a player, if we lose respect for him, who will be left worthy of our respect?

It is not that his entire tenure was a failure either. The first season was a great success against great odds. People will say this and that but winning leagues is never easy and you don't get lucky over 38 games.

This season has been terrible and it's for the best he leaves. He has left in the right way and has shown his love for the club by leaving money on the table. Fucking legend. I will always wish him the best in whatever he decides to do in the future.
Agreed and frankly the writing has been on the wall for many months now as the performances simply were never there consistently despite plenty of weapons

Ultimately, he has failed in a role he seemed destined to triumph in owing to his knowledge & attributes as the greatest midfielder. Not every footballing legend is meant to become a legendary coach and Xavi appeared to tick all the boxes on top of being a cule through & through. Deserves to go out as he wishes and I never openly called for his replacement even though it is palpably clear it cannot continue as he is unable to have much impact on the team performances

More than the question of the next coach is what the project has in mind as coaching continuity is one part of a successful footballing project. What will it mean to many of the players in the squad? Another restart may force some to reconsider alternatives for sporting success

Unlike Koeman who fleeced the club with his payout, Xavi the true legend he is would not hold the club ransom

With Giraldez leaving Femeni, both men & women’s teams entering yet another period of uncertainty. Let’s see what comes next

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Reason he said he was leaving is clearly because he can't handle criticism. Don't believe it was planned at all. Few days ago he said if we don't compete at the end of the season he would leave.

He is not leaving because of results or because we are playing bad.

"I suffered", "they kill you", "press won't let me", "I need rest".

He is a whining like a woman, bitches about his feelings and lacks backbone and I don't feel sorry for him one bit.

No responsibility for absolute shit football.

JohnN

It looks like the players are making tons of mistakes but I think it's on xavi. they are disorganised and not sure what to do.
confidence has hit a new low, as displayed by thr fourth goal, which is schoolyard level defending. I don't believe any manager can turn the team around for this season, so he might as well stay. the time tonleave was before the new year, as it was clear we were declining badly. now we are just exploring new bottoms to the barell.

mc_lovin

He did well. 1 League title in two full seasons. Played a shit ton of youth players, which is not a given.

Our recent form is unexplainable. I have rarely seen so many players fuck up individually. Frenkie(!!!), Kounde(!!), Araujo(!) the biggest culprits, who should be our leaders. If any one of them is sold in summer you can't really question it.

Loki

Reason he said he was leaving is clearly because he can't handle criticism. Don't believe it was planned at all. Few days ago he said if we don't compete at the end of the season he would leave.

Yeah, especially in this season it feels like he isn't emotionally stable enough for this job. Was there even one game where he didn't get booked? He clearly underestimated the pressure in Barcelona and you felt it in every game this season. Last night's resignation was also emotionally controlled, which is very unprofessional.
I think Laporta made it clear in the meeting that something needs to change asap in order to continue together and Xavi just snapped and resigned, because inside what he fears most is being fired. He is too proud for it, so he resigned first.
He didn't even tell it the team which means it was a short term decision. I don't know which club wants to sign him again after such an unprofessional exit. He shot himself in his own foot, only because he didn't want to sleep it over.

delancey

Dunno why you think an interim manager would have to be renewed before interim period's over.
Many clubs are guilty of doing this. They offer a contract extension immediately after something goes well. Manchester United did this with OGS, and we recently extended Xavi’s contract too (in October of last year, I believe (?). Anyhow it was recently. A few months later and Xavi has lost his job.

BJJ

I just don't understand why he thought he was ready for the job based on managing the richest club in Qatari league. That is just delusional. He should have taken the B team role or gone to a mid table club. Maybe even worked as an assistant coach to a big name manager.
That cholesterol clown Laporta made a huge mistake. Not only ate we struggling but we have a strange mishmash of players who look completely out of synch. Next manager is going to have his hands full with the mess Xavi has left!

fergus90

I never said they had to though did I.

The risk is the club would offer a permanent role based on temporary results. Like how United did with Solskjaer, Chelsea did with Di Matteo, Xavi got a renewal himself a few months back.

ajnotkeith

I think Xavi sunk his project by believing Romeu could be the successor to Busquets. Other bad decisions were relying on Raphinha as the Dembele replacement, bringing in Joao Felix and continuing to play Kounde at RB.

Our squad planning has played a major part in our poor start to this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans