Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iniesta Ultra

I assume NDAs are allowed so that if Fatporta does have to fire Xavi because we start losing even more than current that Xavi won't be smeared in public?

jamrock

Well damn I miss one game.

I did say before a ball was kicked this season that if we didn't win the league it's on him, improvements need to be shown from last season..

And we obviously aren't going to win the league, so their must be consequences.

He has a lot of injuries and is basically playing with 10 men on the field and the missing one, is in the most important position in the game, so we are just letting in goals for fun.

Though tbh we were letting them in with Mats too.

His biggest fault as a coach is that he needs too overly reliant on very specific players to implement what he has in his head on the field, if he had zubi in midfield and a fully fit XI, things would probably look a bit different now.

But that is true for all coaches, but with him it's do or that regards to that.

sometimes you have to learn to adapt to what you have.

Still I'm grateful for the league title last season, as a team we needed to get back to winning things, winning was the most important thing, hopefully he moves on learns the craft a bit more and show what he's about in the near future.

Windhook

It's been coming for weeks. I said, a couple of weeks ago, that Xavi looks resigned and lethargic during games. I'm reading today he made this decision around Christmas, but was stopped by family. Sounds like some tabloid shit.

Should've resigned immediately or kept his mouth shut. This announcement serves none of the parties any good (anti or pro-Xavi). Laporta cannot sack him due to compensation money and also being his choice (although during elections wasn't his candidate). Some political motivation behind this. It's nerve wrecking to know that I will be watching this agony until June. 1000% sure it won't motivate the team to play better, either.

serghei

200millions spent and we have an attack that can't function & a defense full of holes.

He is 100% inheriting ruins.
What the fuck are you talking about. This is 2024. 300m for a full squad is shite. Barca spends on players as much as Nothingham Forrest. Squad cost atm is 400m. Half of Madrid. I'm not talking about wages, but transfer fees.

Back when Xavi came squad was trimmed to shit. Only solid expensive signing Barto made that made an impact for Laporta era was De Jong, that's it. And Dembele for 4 months, until the fucker left. Might as well disregard him completely, just as he flowered a bit under Xavi, he moved his ass to PSG.

Last edited:

Devils

I think Xavi sunk his project by believing Romeu could be the successor to Busquets. Other bad decisions were relying on Raphinha as the Dembele replacement, bringing in Joao Felix and continuing to play Kounde at RB.

Our squad planning has played a major part in our poor start to this season.

This is more on Laporta for giving Xavi full power to make signings.

Lewandowski, Raphinha, Torres, Romeu, Felix, Martinez, Kessie, Alonso, Bellerin, Kounde - all atrocious

Christensen, Gundogan and Auba are ones you can consider to be "successful".

Atrocious squad planning and weak management by Laporta.

Raphinha and Torres have got to be the worst recruitments I have ever seen at a top club. How these fools came here when Dembele, who has been ridden with injuries during his time at Barca was the only player with pace and acceleration on the wings and then decided to sign Raphinha and Torres for big money to address that is stupidity beyond the most extreme thresholds.

To top this off, they go and sign Felix who is the Portuguese equivalent to these bums a year later.

serghei

If I am De Zerbi for example, I'd have to be a complete moron to leave Brighton for current Barcelona. :lol:

I'd prefer to stay at Brighton and then maybe hope for my shot at managing some billionaire EPL side like even City, why not?

Nazario1985

What the fuck are you talking about. This is 2024. 300m for a full squad is shite. Barca spends on players as much as Nothingham Forrest. Squad cost atm is 400m. Half of Madrid. I'm not talking about wages, but transfer fees.

Back when Xavi came squad was trimmed to shit. Only solid expensive signing Barto made that made an impact for Laporta era was De Jong, that's it. And Dembele for 4 months, until the fucker left. Might as well disregard him completely, just as he flowered a bit under Xavi, he moved his ass to PSG.

Brain dead troll this is la liga not EPL !!!
Not even Madrid can can keep up with them ..

Windhook

Real Madrid are the richest club in the world according to financial editions.

It's the inequality in TV rights money that concerns non-English clubs. The long term analysis show that under current terms even Madrid will have to sell percentage of their studios, rights, assets to stay competitive with even Luton Town, who receive mindblowing amount just to fight relegation.:lol: That's all the Super League fuzz is about. Not some romantic beauty of the game narrative. It's about money.

Real Madrid took 400m loan in October just to finish the renovation of Santiago Bernabeu.

serghei

Real Madrid are the richest club in the world according to financial editions.

It's the inequality in TV rights money that concerns non-English clubs. The long term analysis show that under current terms even Madrid will have to sell percentage of their studios, rights, assets to stay competitive with even Luton Town, who receive mindblowing amount just to fight relegation.:lol: That's all the Super League fuzz is about. Not some romantic beauty of the game narrative. It's about money.

Real Madrid took 400m loan in October just to finish the renovation of Santiago Bernabeu.

Exactly. Madrid have been kept afloat by their greatest president ever. Just wait to see the shitshow after Florentino is gone and Caledron 2.0 is elected. That guy was a crook like Barto and Rosell.

Between 1st and 2nd Florentino eras, Madrid was a joke. Their President even embarassed himself on Romanian TV in 2006, absolute clown the guy was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans