Status
Not open for further replies.

delancey

How was I wrong?
1 League title in 2 years = Success.

Could have added to it next season when we finally have a CDM and RB,
but he left cause of drama.
But its okay.

THANK YOU AND GOOD LUCK. YOU WILL BE MISSED.
Even mediocre managers can have limited title success. Remember Di Matteo?

Point is, Xavi winning La Liga last season doesn’t tell us anything about Xavi the Manager. To put it gently, Xavi needs to improve! Xavi was even fired for it.

And this is what we have been saying.

Hence, L.

Xtroverto

Man chill ain't nobody bankrupt.
Yeah we wasted a season but this generation of la masia youth will be something special.

Lamine yamal is the one.

I have seen enough.
Without the levers, the club was bankrupt, now all that money has been spent with 0 return on investment. No stadium, no new TV rights deals, no new commercial opportunities, the best players will have to be sold and the clubs balance sheet is in total disarray. The wage bill is increasing while income is decreasing. The possibility to avoid having to sell the club to an investor is practically gone. And the super league is a pipe dream. Right now I'm here just waiting for the next Tod Boehly to take over FC Barcelona.

delancey

Xavi could become an above average manager if he studied under someone for a few years. Ex. Pep, Arteta, Emery. Take a step back. Remove pressure and only absorb knowledge and skill. Then relaunch career at a smaller team. He can be successful.

I think this is the way forward (with a lot of humility).

Asylum15

Saw he left and was like YES.
Saw he's staying until the season's end and was like OH FFS.

If the players have lost faith in him, they'll likely just sulk until year end, especially the bigger ''egos.''
The team is dysfunctional, why are we extending this until the season's end when we have still such critical objectives? (Getting back into the CL!)

Weird decision - Be like telling telling your girlfriend you want to breakup and she absolutely agrees but saying, let's do it in 6 months though. I love you and I know it's best for us but just give me 6 months first, thanks.

Devils

Laporta: "I accept this situation that Xavi proposes to me because he is a Barça legend and I am convinced that the commitment of him and his staff until the end of the year will be maximum."

Laporta: "Xavi told me that at the end of the season he would leave. He wanted to finish the season. Winning the league is difficult, but obviously it is not lost."

What a loser lol.

FCBfan22

I really don't know what is the point of sticking here until the end of June.

Just get a new manager and try to prevent an implosion and embarrasment in Champions League. Other things are lost already.

Next manager needs to have assistants that have good CV. No brothers and Qatari/Saudi fodder. That should be the main qualification.

jairzinho

How will he motivate the players for the remainder of the term when he himself has already 'quit' and acknowledged this season as a failure?

He apparently broke down in front the team before training today. Do they even respect him now going forward? What a mess. What's to say that we won't continue to sink lower?

Nazario1985

I really don't know what is the point of sticking here until the end of June.

Just get a new manager and try to prevent an implosion and embarrasment in Champions League. Other things are lost already.

Next manager needs to have assistants that have good CV. No brothers and Qatari/Saudi fodder. That should be the main qualification.

I think it's the best.

Club needs time to seek a proper manager

FCBfan22

I think it's the best.

Club needs time to seek a proper manager
The team is mentally done at this point and Xavi will phone it in until June.

The sum of that is that we probably barely make it in the top 4 and we get embarrassed again in the CL.

Get an interim to boost the morale a bit and then get a great coach in the summer.

serghei

Iniiestagoat and Serghei insist Xavi has done well. As delusional as their idol!

It is relative, but 1 dominant league title in 2 full seasons against a much superior rival is solid by most expectations except for the most retarded ones.

If someone else will do more in the next 2 seasons... I will be surprised. I hope it happens and we sign a manager that can elevate this team in terms of titles more than Xavi was able to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans