Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdy

The pro-Xavi journos and twitter accounts are already pushing the line 'the club broke him'
'the fans broke him' 'the criticism broke him', 'no one can stay at Barca for long under these conditions' blah blah blah Poor Xavi, they (we?) killed him, and he didn't deserve that
In line with his whining excuses, and all that poor behavior he has shown

All that PR smoke to hide the fact that he didn't evolve the team at all.
2.5 years here, and only the first 6 months had a + net result
The team has been atrocious since you know when? SINCE March 2022.
That's almost 2 years. And I don't care if he won the league and SC last season, cauz it was all riding on MATS and lucky 1-0s to do it. We saw it.

Of course, there is one thing that's not his fault: someone else brought him here, with 0 serious experience before, and no evidence he can be the top coach Barca needs,
And EVEN MORE than that, made him de facto SD on the top, pulled levers and worsened the financial situation of the club, for a project based on him. (How much did we spend under Xavi: €256.4m In the same period: Madrid: €209.5m Sociedad: €73.4m Atleti: €69.7m Girona: €37.25m) Who ON EARTH makes this childish mistakes? That's the one everyone should hold accountable

Last edited:

Temptation

Don't see him managing a small club. What is the point?
Well because he probably wants to be a manager?

Why did he coach Al Sadd?

He'll get clubs according to his ability. For instance, any PL/LL club would be a top job for a manager of his calibre.

Doubt he'll just give up management so early.

serghei

Well because he probably wants to be a manager?

Why did he coach Al Sadd?

He'll get clubs according to his ability. For instance, any PL/LL club would be a top job for a manager of his calibre.

Doubt he'll just give up management so early.

Depends on how much he wants it. He is a former legendary player. He has decades in high level football as is.

Most players of his level of legacy don't even want to manage and go straight into a cozy retirement.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I won't be surprised if he takes over a mid-table club in Germany.

He's not a great manager now, but that doesn't mean he cannot be in 5-10 years as long as he learns from this experience. He need to get a better team around him as well and ditch the brother and friends.

I'm not going to put my money on it though, but cannot rule it out.

serghei

He also needs some place with lower pressure to work on his managerial style and ability.

Barca is not it, especially in current era. Here you need to win and win and win no matter the conditions.

It's totally up to him and how much passion he has as a manager.

FC B

Don Florentino has won 7CLs as president
From wich he bought at least 3 (2016-2018). Exactly the last years without VAR system.

As a matter fact Madrid won 4 out 5 CL in the last 5 years without VAR and made a perfect 180 degree U turn so much that in the first 5 years with VAR system won 1 single CL out of 5, this time without any refereeing scandals like before but with a colossal dose of luck, much more than Chealsea back in 2012.

Windhook

Very unlikely to get offers from big clubs. I don't see Xavi managing another Spanish club in near future. Abroad and exotic, in case he doesn't retire and enjoy life.

Lucho had a similar meltdown in February 2017 announced his departure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans