Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porque

"Xavi had ZUBIMENDI, KIMMICH and BERNARDO SILVA"

"Deco traveled to where Xavi was on vacation to tell him that they were impossible"

:lol:

If true, lads living in lalaland.

JohnN

xavi was a good choice to rejuvenate the team when he took over. In my opinion his work on the first half season and the next up until February was really good.
then things didn't work out. Perhaps what he inherited from Koeamn wasn't so bad and he slowly tried to get away from it and failed.
not sure what the hell happened, but since then we are in an uncontrolled nose dive.
this season he has been bad, no way to get past that fact.
You can argue about 2022-2023 all you want lads, but it makes no difference to the current situation and the fact he should have left before 2024, that was painfully obvious.

Neeraj

Just watched his press conference and boy, it's quite terrible.

'Being a barca coach is cruel and tiring'

'I feel they (media, eveyone in general) haven't valued what I have done. They don't put enough worth in what I do'

'The criticism is affecting the "club"' '

Embarrassing stuff. Doesn't deserve to be a manager if he expects media will only say nice things and never criticise him, especially when we're being served the kind of horse shit he has every game. Really reaffirms what most of know he is like - egocentric and delusional as a manager.

Comes out and moans like a whiney baby which is even worse given that this isn't his exit interview and he has half the season left here.

Very good move on his part - he knows this will now ease the pressure since there won't be talks of his sacking (or at least it will be reduced), gets to finish season and also comes out looking like a good guy and doing what's right for the club.

Overall, I'd be okay too with this solution if Laporta used the time to find the right coach. But if top 4 starts to become a doubt then he goes, no doubt.

JamDav1982

Not even sure where he gets this idea of media being over critical from..

If anything he has had the most support and excuses seen for a Barca coach from the media and fans.

Feels like dialled in excuse off of what coaches in past have faced.

FCBfan22

Too critical. Yeah...

We lost touch in the league. We got spanked by Madrid in Supercopa. We crashed out of copa. We concieded 5 from Villarreal, AT HOME.

Next up, it's Napoli in CL and considering the mental state of the players, we know what's coming.

And with those things, he says that the criticism is affecting our players. Pack your bags now or stop fucking crying and do everything to exit CL without embarrasement and reach top 4. Stop crying, get working. Or leave now.

Porque

xavi-xavi-hernandez.gif

JamDav1982

Even some of the wins were horrendous.

Could easily have lost by 4/5 to Sociedad and rode luck big time.

Lucky to win away at Porto also.

Alaves could have been 4-0 up at HT at game in Barcelona etc.

ajnotkeith

Just watched his press conference and boy, it's quite terrible.

'Being a barca coach is cruel and tiring'

'I feel they (media, eveyone in general) haven't valued what I have done. They don't put enough worth in what I do'

'The criticism is affecting the "club"' '

Embarrassing stuff. Doesn't deserve to be a manager if he expects media will only say nice things and never criticise him, especially when we're being served the kind of horse shit he has every game. Really reaffirms what most of know he is like - egocentric and delusional as a manager.

Comes out and moans like a whiney baby which is even worse given that this isn't his exit interview and he has half the season left here.

Very good move on his part - he knows this will now ease the pressure since there won't be talks of his sacking (or at least it will be reduced), gets to finish season and also comes out looking like a good guy and doing what's right for the club.

Overall, I'd be okay too with this solution if Laporta used the time to find the right coach. But if top 4 starts to become a doubt then he goes, no doubt.
All the media really do is praise him anyway. Hardly seen any journalists that have been consistently critical of him except the Barto aligned ones.

It seems like he thinks he should face no criticism at all and been doing an amazing job.

Windhook

It seems like he thinks he should face no criticism at all and been doing an amazing job.
Dunno from where you get this idea. Xavi never asked for any cult of personality treatment by the Catalan media. It was their own fault to kiss-ass Xavi in those 2 years in charge.

Fact is Xavi mentioned criticism, whether it's all in his head or he's been reading social media (or even this forum), he's aware of the negative opinion on him. And it's gotten into his head. Koeman never bothered with public opinion, not a great coach himself, but you have to be mentally tough, professional to do the job. Xavi gave in to emotions managing his beloved club. Similar burnouts we saw in Pep and Lucho during their final seasons at Barca.

behindbrowneyes

Without having read anything like that, looks like a gentlemen's agreement behind closed doors to me.

Xavi can save face and leave as the player legend he is. Leaving in summer by his "own" decision one year before his contract ends.

Club doesn't need to spend money it does not have to pay two coaches because let's be serious, Xavi would have got the sack in summer the latest.

I can live with that solution. Not a fan of interim coaches as things would be maybe better for some weeks because of a fresh impulse but then go back to normal as always.

Club has enough time to find the 'right' candidate and players and Xavi can concentrate on CL and qualifying for next campaign as things are clear now.

Let's hope they really go for the right one and not some friendship business by Deco.

delancey

Theres still a possibility that Xavi’s entourage will receive their salaries until Summer 2025 (even if Xavi foregoes his compensation).

It’s always easy to reject compensation when you have money (or can easily earn it).

Besides the Goalkeeper coach, who will stay on? They all have contracts until Summer 2025 (I assume?)

JamDav1982

Yeah it does feel like that.

He has manouvered a way to have a better chance to stay until the end of the season where criticisms wont be accepted.

Ridiculous situation for club to find itself in.

Things could get very sticky for top four soon if dont pick up max points or close in next four games.

He is the most protected coach can ever remember for Barca by a long way.

Reactions: BJJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans