Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajnotkeith

Don't believe a bit of it.
Especially coming from Sport. They are starting a campaign again
Let's see. It probably depends how this season goes.
He has built a lot there, but I can also see him being attracted to Barcelona, given his footballing history, and the young talent and prestige of this club.

Porque

Let's see. It probably depends how this season goes.
He has built a lot there, but I can also see him being attracted to Barcelona, given his footballing history, and the young talent and prestige of this club.

Motta/Arteta.

We are going to be linked with anyone with a hint of Barcelona past. Cesc will be up next with them talking up his lavish displays of attacking football.

German options likely to be a long forgotten afterthought.

I don't necessarily think the first two mentioned would be particularly bad (quite the opposite infact), but you see the limitations in our criteria.

Wonder how long until we read about a de Boer, Cocu, Henry or Van Bommel. I might just cry with we go down that route.

delancey

Motta/Arteta.

We are going to be linked with anyone with a hint of Barcelona past. Cesc will be up next with them talking up his lavish displays of attacking football.

German options likely to be a long forgotten afterthought.

I don't necessarily think the first two mentioned would be particularly bad (quite the opposite infact), but you see the limitations in our criteria.

Wonder how long until we read about a de Boer, Cocu, Henry or Van Bommel. I might just cry with we go down that route.
This is an important managerial appointment for Laporta. If he doesn’t get it right, he may not win re-election, and his legacy will take a hit for his lackluster second stunt at Barca. Laporta knows this, and so do we.

So I think chances are high that he brings in someone who we can all believe in. If Tuchel fails, for example, that would be on Tuchel. If a mid-tier manager fails, the blame would fall back onto Laporta and the board of directors. So hiring a top manager is the right way to go!

I don’t think we will see a Marquez like appointment (unless Xavi really effs up). Too much risk for Laporta and co.

BJJ

They say Xavi stays out the season, but surely, if there is a real danger of missing out on UCL, he will go earlier?
Doubt it. If we look in danger of missing CL than Laporta will panic and bring Marquez in. CL exit is BAU for this club nowadays.

delancey

Agreed! If Xavi isn’t able to compete for top 4, he’ll be replaced sooner than season end. Warning shots were fired.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
By April, coaching candidates will be covered by local media

Feels inevitable, I believe Xavi has plenty of positive traits as a coach but clear he is not yet able to transmit our philosophy to the players. Not every great player can impart that to others, it's what distinguishes coaches/teachers. Regardless of the squad, we should've been seeing the style we're accustomed to with regularity - irrespective of the result. When the results become the target at the expense of style, then once your success (measured by trophies) becomes threatened the absence of style moves to the forefront

When I hear Xavi answer for the play in press conferences much less in matches, I do not see someone who can get more out of this group and that typically means it's time to go. Xavi will get latitude to stay on another season should the we lose the league and fail in CL (yet advance far). But it won't stop the pressure to no longer point to FFP for failure to improve in the eye test

I'll start. Gallardo, De Zerbi & Arteta - even Ten Hag?
Under 3 months, never made it to April but no question writing has been on the wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans