Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamrock

Bro, you pop up in premier league thread as soon as man u are down and gone as soon as they overturn it. What u mean?

No idea what you're talking about, because they rarely over turn it..

ETH has consistently failed to deliver at man utd

You gotta stop trying to defend your dutch mates,they aren't making it easy for you.

No reactionary comments from me, never.

Well rarely

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
No idea what you're talking about, because they rarely over turn it..

ETH has consistently failed to deliver at man utd

You gotta stop trying to defend your dutch mates,they aren't making it easy for you.

No reactionary comments from me, ever.

Well rarely
Big up. Good u stuck with raphinha. I’ll hand u that one.

Owh plenty of dutch player I didnt want at barca or have been reserved about. De ligt, van der beek, wijnaldum, noah lang, xavi simons(is developing tho as we speak) I am fairly balanced.

jamrock

Big up. Good u stuck with raphinha. I’ll hand u that one.

Owh plenty of dutch player I didnt want at barca or have been reserved about. De ligt, van der beek, wijnaldum, noah lang, xavi simons(is developing tho as we speak) I am fairly balanced.

Raphinha
Kounde
Xavi
Gavi
Pedri
De jong (in his midness)

The list is long, the reactionary score is next to zero.

Prospective it's a thing people here lack.

Birdy

Xavi apologists, listen:

No one is unhappy with a big away win in CL that this club needed for years to boost confidence
But in serious clubs a coach's fate is never decided on a cup run, no matter how important the title is, which we won't win anyway mind you
It is decided by factors such as: football played, player development, tactical identity, and others, on the top of which the titles have to come

And I will give you one VERY VERY clear example of why Xavi should go regardless:
Yesterday Raphina had a great game, maybe his best in a Barca shirt.
Where did he play? Nominally on the left, but in reality centrally behind or around Lewa, and ready to burst into whenever open space was. And he was lethal in that role
But where did Raphina played so far under Xavi? Lost as an isolation RW asked to dribble and penetrate, something that he is clearly incapable of doing

Now Xavi found this out of serendipity, due to injuries and Yamal's burst into the XI.
But any top coach, not only Pep or Klopp, but Arteta, Nagelsman, De Zerbi, Tuchel, Flick, ETH, Poch, etc.
ALL OF THEM would have seen that since the first week in training and would have never wasted two years using a player out of position

We cannot afford to waste any more time in squad and tactical development of an essentially wonderful core of players until Xavi learns his craft by painful and slow trial and error
No thanks

Temptation

People should not rate Xavi highly unless he wins the CL final in a convincing manner without relying purely on luck.

If he tactically outsmarts Pep or Tactical Tommy in the final, then I'll admit I was wrong.

Xavi's biggest achievement this season is making people believe that this Barcelona squad is relatively weak. It's one of the best squads on the planet lmao.

Xavi still doesn't have a defined style of play. Can any of the Xavi stans describe his playing style? Ange came in at Spurs in a tougher league and had a defined playing style from day 1. If a Spurs manager can, why can't a Barca manager do it in 3 years? Xavi still doesn't have it.

Dembele carried Xavi and was covering up for Xavi's lack of tactical nous. Dembele's consistent ball carrying meant that Xavi did not need to coach any patterns of play. Xavi knows this very well and rates Dembele accordingly.

Birdy

Xavi's biggest achievement this season is making people believe that this Barcelona squad is relatively weak. It's one of the best squads on the planet lmao.

I don't know if he made people in Catalunya believe that after his constant whining, but the world of football really knows the value of Barca squad and are not getting fooled

What Serghei and some BF no lifers believe is really immaterial

vegitot

People should not rate Xavi highly unless he wins the CL final in a convincing manner without relying purely on luck.

If he tactically outsmarts Pep or Tactical Tommy in the final, then I'll admit I was wrong.

Xavi still doesn't have a defined style of play. Can any of the Xavi stans describe his playing style? Ange came in at Spurs in a tougher league and had a defined playing style from day 1. If a Spurs manager can, why can't a Barca manager do it in 3 years? Xavi still doesn't have it.

Dembele carried Xavi and was covering up for Xavi's lack of tactical nous. Dembele's consistent ball carrying meant that Xavi did not need to coach any patterns of play. Xavi knows this very well and rates Dembele accordingly.
Ranieri is greater than Klopp. Same amount of EPL tittles but one with Leicester, one with Liverpool in Covid time :mou:

This pathetic troll shitting on all Barca players on this forum bar Lewy now call Barca's squad is one of world best.

jamrock

Why does bird always bring these two names? It's not 2019 anymore. Nagelsmann i can understand (he is great) but Poch and ETH :lol:

Exactly lol,he's gonna die in that cross.

No sensible person in football would trade xavi for those two or hold them up as a high standard of coaching.

They have so utterly and totally failed at their "project" compared to Xavi with way more resources.

De zerbi is also getting a bit overrated wouldn't trade xavi for him.

Arteta got like 7 years at arsenal to build his project, has spent maybe close to half a billion euros and the return for that is a FA Cup, he's DEVELOPED into a very good coach though, key words being developed.

Nags has potential
Flick is a risk, you're not sure what he can really do outside of covid

Like I said many here are basically saying if xavi isn't a top 3-5 coach in the world, he's trash.

Temptation

Ranieri is greater than Klopp. Same amount of EPL tittles but one with Leicester, one with Liverpool in Covid time :mou:
Childish reply. As expected.

Leicester winning the PL is arguably the biggest achievement in Football history. Bigger achievement than anything Klopp or Pep have ever done.

But you have to prove yourself over a considerable period of time at the elite level to be considered a top manager.

mc_lovin

It's been a rough season and 99% of that is down to our systemic issues at DM + the loss of Busquets (for buildup alone).

The squad only clicked with the introduction of Cubarsi. Xavi deserves all the credit for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans