Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I feel Pep should sub him more often.

If the game is played in the 70th minute, he should get some rest. Like in the racing or Malaga games. Bring in a youngster or let Busquets handle it.

the malaga game? no chance. games that hectic need xavi on to play us out with control.

if you notice xavi is rarely subbed away from home, but often gets rest at the camp nou. I mean partly this is because we're more often winning by a big margin at the camp nou, but also because it's easier for us to maintain control at home whereas without xavi away we can get a bit rudderless and overwhelmed.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
i would have subbed him at Malaga. Piqué scored in the 60th minute and that was the lock on the door, it was over imo. Out xavi, in Busquets and let him have his battle in that game for the last ten or twenty minutes.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Exactly, with Malaga players flying in and the crowd really vocal, it was crucial we get things steady and stayed in control on the game. Xavi gives a composure in the middle, without him we start giving the ball away too much and Malag can build momentum. He's able to take the sting out of the game somewhat.

A

abd091

Hello every1... i recently made a video of xavi hernandez, the greatest central midfielder and just wanted to let every1 know about it... plz watch it if u have some time.. thx .

NO LINKS IN FIRST POST. BARCAFORUM POLICY DOESN'T ALLOW LINKS AS FIRST POST FOR NEW MEMBERS. (Valon.)

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Has returned to Barcelona suffering from knee pain, he won't join up with the Spain squad for the Bosnia game and will instead stay with Barça in order to undergo the suitable treatment from our own medical team. Finger crossed he's available for the game on Saturday.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Hopefully Xavi recovers by the time we play Valencia. Or else Iniesta should be able to take care since Valencia are defensively totally out of form & if not then we are doomed, not regarding the current run but on a longer road!!!
What more do you expect from a dirty madridista!?!

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Why does he even play Xavi?

Id Xavi is rested, it only benefits Spain as well since the WC is at the end of the season.

iced1776

Any actual details on potential injuries? What a complete waste if its serious... there was no reason to risk him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans