Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I doubt he'd want to quit the NT but both Tito and Del Bosque should start to realize he's not the same "start almost every single game" type of player he used to be. Thiago can do a great job filling in for him in more of the lesser games and even a few of the big games to gain experience. This is the age we should start weening Xavi down a little, especially when he's coming back from injury or is fatigued.

hellsangel1

I want Thiago to play instead of Xavi on Saturday. His passing and movement just isn't upto mark but defensively it's like he's not even there, people just stroll past him easily. When he doesn't have the ball, it's like the game is too fast for him.

Richard.H

He's clearly tired/fatigued. Look at him when he receives the ball. He takes about a good 5 seconds to decide where he's going to pass to, as opposed to the Xavi of old who would immediately release the ball or give a really good pass. Right now his passes are just side passes, with mostly Messi and Iniesta taking the load away from him.

Thiago needs to play until Xavi is fully rested. Thiago is error prone, but at least he won't impede the flow of the attack.

hellsangel1

Thiago isn't half the player that the great Xavi is but there's no question I would rather start Thiago instead on Saturda, that's how bad Xavi has been lately in this game and in Milan.

Barcilliant

Xavi is fading and so is Puyol. We are going to end up like Milan if this goes on........oh wait even Milan have purged most of their old players. These guys need to hit the bench now and play the odd game. No more starters roles.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
I was really looking forward to watching Xavi live for the first time when i visited the San Siro but he was really disappointing, i understand he was injured though, he should take a few games out. I loved watching him pass the ball around during the warm up though.

impeh

Hi, its me..
'Xavi will not play against Real Madrid tomorrow. He has a small thigh muscle tear and will work to be ready for the Milan game.'

CatalinR10

Official: Xavi is out for 10 to 15 days with a thigh muscle tear #fcblive

note: being out for 10 to 15 days, xavi will certainly miss games against madrid and deportivo, and possibly games against milan and rayo

F

Flavia

Great stuff. He was rushed back, and now is injured again... Why they didn't play cesc and iniesta in md, with villa upfront, is beyond me.

ShandyFFM

never mind he will miss the games.. now thiago can prove himself and his real worth !!! xavi looked a bit tired in the latest game he only did some passing to the sides but no crucial pass to the front..

with thiago we have a more running and pacy attacking midfielder who alsthough can dribble ... i prefer him to xavi when xavi looks like he isnt in his best shape

ShandyFFM

i guess what varane was for them thiago can be the same for us.. like the biggest surprise of the clasico so far this season.. i hope so

Official: Xavi is out for 10 to 15 days with a thigh muscle tear #fcblive

note: being out for 10 to 15 days, xavi will certainly miss games against madrid and deportivo, and possibly games against milan and rayo

:(

I think Thiago-Iniesta would be good against Milan. If anything, Thiago could be better against them than Xavi would be, since he's more direct, and that'll probably be something we need.

Maybe Cesc-Iniesta?

We shouldn't have rushed Xavi back with our depth in midfield.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans