Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Karnivore

A fit Xavi was sorely missed today. That's for sure.

Like mid-week when he did fuck all other than slowing the midfield down and ultimately allowing Madrid to re-gather and hit on the counter again?

Age is showing. Xavi was a world class player, he's going the same way as Lampard - the odd flash of brilliance cannot hide it. Once an instrumental player for his club (as Lampard was with us), now slows the side down, and it's difficult for fans to admit it.

M

mitkoa7x

Like mid-week when he did fuck all other than slowing the midfield down and ultimately allowing Madrid to re-gather and hit on the counter again?

I'd like to see anyone do better while suffering a muscle tear.

ammarfcb

ze special one
u missed the fit part, had a great start to the season, and last i checked lampard is your 3rd top scorer and saved u on a few occasions this season

K

Karnivore

u missed the fit part, had a great start to the season, and last i checked lampard is your 3rd top scorer and saved u on a few occasions this season

Like I said, the odd flash of brilliant cannot hide it. He's scoring goals but his all round play has deteriorated. He used to be arguably our most important player, instrumental and was probably the first name on the team sheet. Now he wouldn't register in the top five. He's a legend for us and it's painful to even think of a Chelsea side without him, but sooner or later it's going to happen.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson

Age is showing. Xavi was a world class player, he's going the same way as Lampard - the odd flash of brilliance cannot hide it. Once an instrumental player for his club (as Lampard was with us), now slows the side down, and it's difficult for fans to admit it.

Yup, Lampard's been awful.

grg_zps15b15985.png

I'd pick Lamps over anyone save maybe Cech and Cole from the current Chelsea squad. Maybe Mata as well if I wasn't biased as hell against him.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Like I said, the odd flash of brilliant cannot hide it. He's scoring goals but his all round play has deteriorated. He used to be arguably our most important player, instrumental and was probably the first name on the team sheet. Now he wouldn't register in the top five. He's a legend for us and it's painful to even think of a Chelsea side without him, but sooner or later it's going to happen.

not top 5? There are literally maybe 4 players who are even good on Chelsea and yet you say you'd rate 5 of them higher than Lampard?

Cule Finn

Our awful form during the last couple of weeks just highlights the importance of the Maestro for this team. I think he was rushed back for the Milan game and that he wasn't physically ready. And when Xavi wasn't performing well, the whole structure of our playing was lost.

If he stays free from long-term injuries, he will be bossing the midfield for the next 2-3 seasons. The thing is that he simply cant keep on playing 90 minutes in almost every match. He should be rested more often, and in the mean time Barca can start preparing for an era without Xavi.

Last edited:
K

Karnivore

not top 5? There are literally maybe 4 players who are even good on Chelsea and yet you say you'd rate 5 of them higher than Lampard?

LOL! Hazard, Mata, Terry, Cech, Cole, Oscar, Azpilicueta and Ba are all ahead of him. Lampard, Ramires and Mikel are incredibly weak midfielders, and the sad thing is we looked infinetely better when Romeu was there, but he got an injury and was put out for the rest if the season.

Lampard still has something to offer to this club, expierence is valuable, and I don't give a fuck how many times you lot want to mention his scoring record this season, he used to be alot more than that. He isn't a striker, and he plays arguably the most important position in the middle of the pitch where games can often be won or lost.

There's a reason the board are hesitant to give him an extended contract.

abual3bed1

Like I've said before on another thread, another midfielder is the last thing Barca need.

Mata is no midfielder for Chelsea, he's their version of our Messi. Free role to play behind the striker, on the left, on the right, dropping back and even playing CF some times. He'd be perfect in our team coming from the right.

Indignado

Mata is no midfielder for Chelsea, he's their version of our Messi. Free role to play behind the striker, on the left, on the right, dropping back and even playing CF some times. He'd be perfect in our team coming from the right.

I agree. Rafinha could fill that role as well, if he's getting good enough.

Ramires might've come in handy as a Keita replacement but we're already stocked at cm

Song was a good Keita replacement IMO. Going by his assists record last season, I'm guessing his playmaking skills are good enough for him to play as a CM for us (though he's definitely a CDM first and foremost).

K

Karnivore

He's absoloutely nothing like Messi, neither the position he plays or the importance in the side. He is our creative hub though, and unfortunately the emphasis has been largely on him this season as Oscar and Hazard are still adapting. He never plays up front, the goals have come at the expense of having the busted flush Torres making 40 appearances for us this season and missing every opportunity he gets.

From our squad - Barcelona would benefit from having Azpilicueta (who can defend), Mata (Messi aside, probably the most creative midfielder in Europe in the final third of the pitch) and Oscar (If you've watched Brazil over the past 12 months you'll know why).

That said, right now what both Barcelona and Chelsea need is a half decent manager - Mourinho returning to Chelsea in the summer will be a gain for both teams, Madrid aint going any further once he leaves them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans