Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Xavi apparently played mroe number of games than even, guess who, the number 1 Valdes!!
Now this is all because such an asshole Txiki mother fucker is. Son of a bitch!! Xavi needs some rest god damn it

Co0ter

I'm pretty sure he just got 1.5 weeks of rest during the break? How is he tired....

I definately agree we over play him but thats b/c he is essential- we NEED him. This is why I 100 percent support paying up to 35-40 million for Cesc. We could easily start Xavi-esta and Cesc against most teams, given Cesc can defend "decently" and still be able to rest them and not give up much class. Cesc is 22- he is worth the investment.

IMO- We have at least 40 million more to spend and it should go towards a LW first, I wouldn't mind spending another 35-40 million on Cesc (maybe less if we have some left over from the winger). We'd also bring in money from transfering Henry, Caceres and...I'm drawing a blank but someone else mentioned him, maybe someone else on loan or underperforming (not Kierrison). I'd also consider transfering Marquez, but we just set a new contract with him so..This would help fund the signings. The Chyg situation is a mess, we should of signed someone else as good or better for as much (or less) in the first place. If he doesn't improve by the summer I'd consider selling him for a loss and investing the cash into another CB, whoever it is he can't possibly play any worse.

Signings- Cesc, 22. Pato, 20. Two young players that would ensure a successful future for Barca.

Last edited:

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
I'm pretty sure he just got 1.5 weeks of rest during the break? How is he tired....

I definately agree we over play him but thats b/c he is essential- we NEED him. This is why I 100 percent support paying up to 35-40 million for Cesc. We could easily start Xavi-esta and Cesc against most teams, given Cesc can defend "decently" and still be able to rest them and not give up much class. Cesc is 22- he is worth the investment.

IMO- We have at least 40 million more to spend and it should go towards a LW first, I wouldn't mind spending another 35-40 million on Cesc (maybe less if we have some left over from the winger). We'd also bring in money from transfering Henry, Caceres and...I'm drawing a blank but someone else mentioned him, maybe someone else on loan or underperforming (not Kierrison). I'd also consider transfering Marquez, but we just set a new contract with him so..This would help fund the signings. The Chyg situation is a mess, we should of signed someone else as good or better for as much (or less) in the first place. If he doesn't improve by the summer I'd consider selling him for a loss and investing the cash into another CB, whoever it is he can't possibly play any worse.

Signings- Cesc, 22. Pato, 20. Two young players that would ensure a successful future for Barca.
Yeah and then we buy Buffon for 100 mil and Torres for 160 just to help liverpool and then we buy Steven GErrard and then we buy Lampard.

Come on m8.. We have money, but not that much.

Co0ter

I'm pretty sure they mentioned in the news, and somewhere on this forum, that they did have a good amount of money left to spend but they weren't planning on signing anyone this winter. We won 6 cups, thats a lot of attention and money coming. We will easily, EASILY have 40 million to spend come this summer, maybe a good amount more depending on how well we do in competitions this year.

An 80 million dollar spending is quite possible, although like I explained its not 80 million directly. We'd get some money from transfers and depending who we sell, and I think we should get rid of a quite a few, it's perfectly possible. We spent over 70 this summer and "still had some left over". If we didn't waste 25 million on Chyg then it actually would of been easy to do.

So the sarcasm wasn't really needed.

Last edited:

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
I'm pretty sure they mentioned in the news, and somewhere on this forum, that they did have a good amount of money left to spend but they weren't planning on signing anyone this winter. We won 6 cups, thats a lot of attention and money coming. We will easily, EASILY have 40 million to spend come this summer, maybe a good amount more depending on how well we do in competitions this year.

An 80 million dollar spending is quite possible, although like I explained its not 80 million directly. We'd get some money from transfers and depending who we sell, and I think we should get rid of a quite a few, it's perfectly possible. We spent over 70 this summer and "still had some left over". If we didn't waste 25 million on Chyg then it actually would of been easy to do.

So the sarcasm wasn't really needed.
You're talking about 80 million dollars as if they were like water.
It's alot of money and I don't want us to spend that much when we have the strongest squad in the world.
Use maybe 30 millions to strengthen the squad and then look on the economic prospects if we can afford another quality player. It isen't needed.

So who are we gonna get rid of? Wait, wait, get rid of our players? Say what? We're already thin as it is.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
You're talking about 80 million dollars as if they were like water.
It's alot of money and I don't want us to spend that much when we have the strongest squad in the world.
Use maybe 30 millions to strengthen the squad and then look on the economic prospects if we can afford another quality player. It isen't needed.

So who are we gonna get rid of? Wait, wait, get rid of our players? Say what? We're already thin as it is.
There is still a chance to make money from the loaned out Hleb, Caceres, Henrique, Keirisson (did i forget someone?) ... even if its rather slim

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
I don't know if a week would help. He just had christmas break of roughly 1.5 weeks without a game and the recent games didn't really go better.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Xavi is FC Barcelona. He may sleep or be slow at times but it's him who best epitomizes what Barca style of play is. Not Puyol, not Messi. Xavi.
Having said that, he has been a bit off form lately but best is yet to come.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
o i have all the patience in the world for him i was just worried..

I hear you. Me too. I've been critical of him at few points last season but he did deliver in the end. Bossing the midfield vs. ManUtd in CL final and providing 4 assists during our historic 6-2 win at Bernabeu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans