Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I hear you. Me too. I've been critical of him at few points last season but he did deliver in the end. Bossing the midfield vs. ManUtd in CL final and providing 4 assists during our historic 6-2 win at Bernabeu.

That's all very well but we need to live in the here and now, what players did "last season" is never an excuse for underperforming otherwise we could all be blazé about Monsieur Henry's performances. Xavi on form is one of the world's best, yes he epitomises our style and the technical flourishes that are the trademark of La Masia but that doesn't make him beyond criticism and for me his lack of form is a concern.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
one thing I noticed about xavi today is that once the rest of our team stopped playing like retards, xavi's game picked up.

and of course it then occured to me that xavi has always been at his best when we are at our best.

thus I concluded that neither do the rest of the team carry xavi, nor does xavi carry the rest of the team, but rather a hybrid is what happens. ergo, when everyone else is playing like a spacker and the team game is poor, xavi's game is going to suffer because his game IS the team's game.

also, it's worth noting that we're still owning the fuck out of teams possession-wise and we're still racking up the points like pool balls. so I think it's more that xavi, given our circumstances and his excessive workload, has slid back towards the mean and away from the spectacular as a means of conserving energy. I mean, when we've needed him, he's not failed us, has he?

and let's not forget that it was some sexy xaviesta interplay which led to our first goal.

-zlatan-

The Magnificent Nose
Put Him + Inesta And you will have a inbeatable Midfield
He is probley the best passer you will ever see, i havnt seen him once lose the ball,:flagvl8:

La Pulga

his percentage 'completed passes' is almost always the highest. he is the best midfielder now and absolutely vital for the team... iniesta might one day step in his shoes but if he ever gets the skill of xavi when it comes to through passes and long passes and general usefullness applying presure... i doubt it. hope La Masie can educate a great apprentice one day

Merv

http://www.iffhs.de/?a433ccd423dce837ccaca7dca84505fdcdc3bfcdc0aec70aeedb8a3915

They got something right alright!

Though the inclusion of Ronaldo as a #7 playmaker of the world is ..... yeah.

I was just reading that at the fcbarcelona.cat website.

"The home-grown midfielder was the only new face in the top seven compared with the previous year. According to the IFFHS, he received the award because of his “intelligent way of playing”. The jury was made up of representatives of 81 countries from across world."

I think it's wonderful that everyone else finally recognizes and acknowledges his skills. :)

-zlatan-

The Magnificent Nose
his percentage 'completed passes' is almost always the highest. he is the best midfielder now and absolutely vital for the team... iniesta might one day step in his shoes but if he ever gets the skill of xavi when it comes to through passes and long passes and general usefullness applying presure... i doubt it. hope La Masie can educate a great apprentice one day

Yeah i agree ! :xavi: :iniesta: :messi: MAJIC

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Great strike from him tonight, he had a solid game, it wasn't easy for him. I wish more players like Messi and Andres would have a dig from outside the box. They have the technique to score from there.

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal
If Puyol was the most consistent and a true leader, Xavi was - as always - a brain... and this time with a goal. Infortunately not enought to win... but the target most important (CL) still remains...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans