Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

XaviMessiGirl

dunno about you, i thoroughly enjoyed are legends playing. Hell i'll take some of them back even now

you'll be sad when he hangs his boots

Baresi at his current age is still better than most of your defense today. :p And I'm still shocked that you let most of the senatori go all at once, I'm sure they realized age was catching up to them and should have been given the choice to stay or go.

Cule4life

The Culest
Xavi- "We deserved a draw" :lol:

And some people say he's not delusional. He's not ready to accept he's declined and we dont have a manager with balls to make him realize that. Xavi is quickly becoming Barca's achilles heel dragging the club down with him.

Xavi i appreciate what you have done for us but all good things come to an end. Its time to pass the torch. He should no longer be a starter next season and should not play more than 25 games. If he's not ready to accept that then he should be sold.

But who am i kidding. With the statues in Barca's boardroom(sorry to insult you statues) Xavi will be starter till his legs give out and he retires.

Last edited:

footyfan

Calma, calma
OK this really cracked me up :lol:

@ChurchofFutbol

Xavi has stayed past full-time at the Calderon.

BkzvxalCQAAmuUH.jpg:large

L

LaMasia

Xavi needs to be put on bench for next season, no doubt about that. He is and was such a class, but his legs are giving up and he was eaten alive out there. No lucidity in his passing, no risk just a shadow of his former self. Only problem is that he is only one with "know how" to pace this team in majority of season. To bad Tiago is gone...

khorne

Of course. I love Xavi and always will. Though if he continues to play every match like this it's bad fe him and the club. I want him to stick around and play less games.

You guys got the wrong idea because I said fuck off. I didn't mean leave the club but to spend less time on the pitch.

Serious question, how can xavi influence that, other than by underperforming in trainings on purpose? If the coach decides to play him, that's that.

And i'll be perfectly honest here, I'd rather watch xavi play for one more season and not be the 100 % super sharp team who wins all the titles than the other way round. we will win so much silverware in the years to come, but we won't see xavi on the pitch again.

And about "going the ac milan route": HA! i've been with barca at the gaspart era. your visions of doom are like disney stories to me :)

F

Flavia

allasFCB @allas4 Tata did great job in first half of the season when he had less control but more verticality. More dangerous and more unpredictable.

All changed when Xavi didn't like that and wanted more control and possession. Changed it to 4 man midfield, but rarely hurt opponents now

I wonder...

Paganinisrvnge

Xavi is still able to control the ball well, make accurate passes, etc. but he's not incisive in the final third anymore except the occasional nice throughball and even more importantly; he's an absolute defensive liability.

Atletico completely outpowered us just like Bayern did last year except they didn't finish their chances as well. Our midfield suffers greatly against strong, tall, organized sides who play physically. I'd love to see a statistic of headers in this 2nd leg. I guarantee Atletico won at least 65-70% of all headers in the match and the only reason it isn't 80% is because of Bartra. I'm not saying we need to completely restructure the team but we need fresh legs and a little more steel. We lost Yaya and Keita then replaced them with Song who never plays. I wish we could bring Yaya back.

barcanuck

allasFCB @allas4 Tata did great job in first half of the season when he had less control but more verticality. More dangerous and more unpredictable.

All changed when Xavi didn't like that and wanted more control and possession. Changed it to 4 man midfield, but rarely hurt opponents now

I wonder...

This is what I've been saying all season, Xavi's decline is the reason we are in this shit and his refusal to sit the big game drove Thiago out of town and is forcing Cesc and Iniesta to play out of position. Xavi is too stubborn for his own good.

Paganinisrvnge

It will be an absolute crime if Xavi plays more than 25 matches next season. Most of the time now he actually fits the stereotype people have of him that he only passes sideways and backwards. He'll have one good match a month and then complain that the grass was too long and that we deserved more even when he plays like shit.

BerkeleyBernie

Surprised he didn't say we went out the right way, faithful to our style etc.

From what I saw of the match so far, that was the problem (as it has been often this season). There was no patience in the opponent's half of the field, just stupid "direct" balls and standard godawful Alves crosses (14 total). The game looked like ManU hoofing the ball into the box, standard roulette football, just hoping a chance would go Barça's way, quantity over quality. Neymar winning 2 out of 6 take-ons. I'd rather Barça play "boring" tiki-taka and wear the opponent down than throw the damn ball away as soon as it was across the half-line.

Xavi did exactly what he was supposed to do, defend the ball and distribute to the open players. 100% pass completion. Don't blame him for others throwing the ball away to Atletico. It's not about "hunger," it's about being smart. "Acuity" and "focus," not "intensity." Intensity is for Atletico and teams that can't do what Barça can do. When Barça tries to play like someone they're not (well, maybe Dani fancies himself an EPL winger), they are always going to come up short. 78 failed passes, almost all of them medium/long balls forward. Wrong game plan, doomed from the start.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans