Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

BerkeleyBernie

I haven't watched the whole match yet, but the best offensive pass of the entire game was a perfect defense-splitting throughball from Xavi to Neymar in the box, who managed to cute-walk it into Courtois's gloves instead of blasting it into the gaping open goal to his right. Yeah, Xavi's past it all right.

From the perspective of a man who made an opportunity like that and saw it squandered, I can see how he could say "We deserved a draw."

Certainly Barça isn't going to win many floaters in the midfield, but you can't say the midfield was "outmuscled" when Xavi the Waif completes 100% of his passes. It's a choice of how to play, and against sides like Atletico you need to play with more finesse, rather than try to muscle them back or try to dribble their gauntlets or launch hopeful (a.k.a "hopeless") crosses. The players who turned over the ball made poor choices; you have to pick the right battles.

xavi-neymar-48min.jpg

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer
He has really lost it... he is getting dumber by the minute... someone should tell him to shut the fuck up because everytime he speaks he turns into a big joke
... deserved to draw.. based on what exactly on his passing skills ??

BkzrcUXCIAAfFi4.png

The sideways king... only one pass in the final third from his 98 passes ... even any forum member can master passing sideways 2-3 meters away...

FiReFTW

There are alot of problems at Barca atm, Xavi is not one of the main ones. Whilst I agree he is not as good as he was years ago he still can control the game and distribute the balls. The problem is how Atletico played (remember when Chelsea or Inter parked the bus, it was the same story ), the players are so crowded, the penalty box is so crowded its almost impossible to make defence spliting passes, and since alot of players are very crowded and don't open themself up for passes alot ( Messi a prime example ) Xavi is forced to pass the ball sideways and backwards alot, it looks boring and ineffective but you can't expect much more from him in such situations based on what his primary job is ( distribute the ball to players and control the game flow ). People saying he should retire and quite are silly, he is a good player still and can offer alot to the team ( obviously not in every game and 90 minutes all the time ).

Beast

The Observer
There are alot of problems at Barca atm, Xavi is not one of the main ones. Whilst I agree he is not as good as he was years ago he still can control the game and distribute the balls. The problem is how Atletico played (remember when Chelsea or Inter parked the bus, it was the same story ), the players are so crowded, the penalty box is so crowded its almost impossible to make defence spliting passes, and since alot of players are very crowded and don't open themself up for passes alot ( Messi a prime example ) Xavi is forced to pass the ball sideways and backwards alot, it looks boring and ineffective but you can't expect much more from him in such situations based on what his primary job is ( distribute the ball to players and control the game flow ). People saying he should retire and quite are silly, he is a good player still and can offer alot to the team ( obviously not in every game and 90 minutes all the time ).

Of course he is not the main culprit , i'm talking about his press statements /interview ..he makes Roberto Carlos the most intelligent footballer in comparison

His job and his fame was built upon passes like the one he made to Neymar ... not because of the sideways and when you are the maestro and keeping passing the ball to a less skillful passers who will do your job than ? he takes his share of the blame... but it's not the time to discuss the rest of the problems as anything will be said now will sound like a Madridista gloating (especially with the number of conspiracy theorist in the forum over the past years from refs to UEFA you know yourselves... ;) .. ) just someone needs to hell him to shut up

Paganinisrvnge

There's no doubt he's still a very good player and can still sometimes make beautiful through balls but he gets embarrassed when defending any half decent player nowadays.

FiReFTW

Of course he is not the main culprit , i'm talking about his press statements /interview ..he makes Roberto Carlos the most intelligent footballer in comparison

His job and his fame was built upon passes like the one he made to Neymar ... not because of the sideways and when you are the maestro and keeping passing the ball to a less skillful passers who will do your job than ? he takes his share of the blame... but it's not the time to discuss the rest of the problems as anything will be said now will sound like a Madridista gloating (especially with the number of conspiracy theorist in the forum over the past years from refs to UEFA you know yourselves... ;) .. ) just someone needs to hell him to shut up

he always had a loud mouth and much sh*t came out of it, nothing new here.

Babylonian

He has really lost it... he is getting dumber by the minute... someone should tell him to shut the fuck up because everytime he speaks he turns into a big joke
... deserved to draw.. based on what exactly on his passing skills ??

BkzrcUXCIAAfFi4.png

The sideways king... only one pass in the final third from his 98 passes ... even any forum member can master passing sideways 2-3 meters away...

So ur back here gloating cuz barca is out the champions.. Haven't seen u in a while.. Where were u the past clasico?

Barcilliant

Beast where have you been?

Missed your posts but still hope RM get thrashed in the semis! ;)

Barcilliant

Xavi hates losing-just HATES it.

I admire that but he should keep this shit to himself and his buddies. When he goes to the press and makes these statements he sounds stupid.

H

Haruko The Goon

Safe to say he'll never be as influential as he was from 08-11, however, he's still a class player.

This summer you do have major rebuilding to do. I keep hearing that "only a CB is needed" Pfff, like hell it is. You need a natural RW, CM CB and a GK

Ter Stegen is done. so you still need 3 players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans