Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

BerkeleyBernie

He is not the Xavi from the Pep era

Which, of course, we haven't seen since teams stopped playing Barça as open as they did in the Pep era.

This season could be interesting, however. I suspect Barça will have more success breaking buses this year, with earlier goals (especially after Suarez joins the roster). If the opponent is forced to chase goals and open up, we'll see a lot more space for Xavi (and everyone else) to exploit.

B

beautifulgame

Such a mediocre tournament.

He won every single individual duel vs Pirlo over their two games.

Thanks for the vid. During that tournament thought he had some of his top performances.

Really bossed and made the Italians and pirlo look two steps behind. In that final especially saw some of the best Xavi ever imo

Hamzah

High Definition Member
If it was so sensible why wasn't he your first option? I thought Bayern are the best and most logical club?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Pep wanted Alonso too. Bayern probably wouldn't have bought anyone otherwise.Your idea that Pep is some moron and the elders at Bayern correct all his mistakes with their extremely logical decisions is wrong.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Pep wanted Alonso too. Bayern probably wouldn't have bought anyone otherwise.Your idea that Pep is some moron and the elders at Bayern correct all his mistakes with their extremely logical decisions is wrong.

Your putting words in my fingers, I didn't write.
Alonso is a better player than Xavi at this moment and also happens to be two years the younger. Obviously, Alonso is a better signing for Bayern than Xavi would have been, expecially if one dares to look ahead the current season.

CuleLife4Life

Its understandable that right now Xabi and Xavi are on 2 different levels but thats because of the TWO year age difference. When a footballer reaches the ages Xabi and Xavi have, every extra year decreases what the players can contribute.

I do think having Xavi is better for us because we aren't throwing him into the starting 11 every week while Xabi at Bayern looks to be a starter for the time being until the injured come back. Xabi won't be able to handle that and you'll be able to see his decline.

Zebulun

Your putting words in my fingers, I didn't write.
Alonso is a better player than Xavi at this moment and also happens to be two years the younger. Obviously, Alonso is a better signing for Bayern than Xavi would have been, expecially if one dares to look ahead the current season.

dude in any universe xavi at 1% is always gonna be better than alonso. Heck, to me Alonso was great only at liverpool, at RM he wrecklessly fouls game after game and the only reason why he don't get sent off every game is because of Spanish referees being Madrid fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans