Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alarcón

Yes. I don't know the exact rule in Spain, but apparently you can't do your license while coaching a team, you have to obtain it before that. Maybe they'll make an exception for a temporary period, but not for a whole season, unless you're Real Madrid of course.

F

Flavia

He'll do his license next year, take over Barca B the year after, then after a season or 2 or 4, take over Barca :worthy:

I don't think he'll stop playing next season. If not with Barça, he'll spend a couple of years in the MLS or similar.

Kohe321

Xavi: "My body tells me I don't have much football left. It's harder to recover, I don't have the spark anymore to play every three days."

Please listen to him Lucho, it can't be said anymore clear than this, from the man himself to boot. Don't use him in back to back games! He's awesome when he's rested.

Xavi: "I want to stay in football when I retire. Cruyff told me playing is the most beautiful thing in life and that coaching comes closest"

I really hope Xavi becomes a successful coach for us sometime in the future! :)

Kasperroed

Xavi: "My body tells me I don't have much football left. It's harder to recover, I don't have the spark anymore to play every three days."

Please listen to him Lucho, it can't be said anymore clear than this, from the man himself to boot. Don't use him in back to back games! He's awesome when he's rested.

Xavi: "I want to stay in football when I retire. Cruyff told me playing is the most beautiful thing in life and that coaching comes closest"

I really hope Xavi becomes a successful coach for us sometime in the future! :)

But we should all learn from this situation!

Xavi should start as coach for Barca B, then go to a mid-table club in an europan top-leauge. If he does well there, he can go for a semi-top-club like Napoli or Tottenham and first after that come back to Barca.

Kohe321

Yeah, these quotes makes it seem unlikely that he wants to leave Barca and play elsewhere after this season. My guess is that he will retire after this season is over and then get his coaching license. So glad that he wants to stay in football, it's going to be extremely interesting and fun to follow his career as a coach. Hopefully he can coach Barca B before too long. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans