Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xtroverto

Probably the weakest midfield in Barca history ...

If you became a Barca fan in the last 10 years yes, but before that there were really bad midfields, 2001-2002 Cocu-Xavi-Gabri, 1997-98, Figo-Celades-Giovanni, 1995-96 Bakero-Roger-De la Peña :lol: and my favorite, 1987-88 Muñoz-Urbano-Shuster-Robert :banghead:

BerkeleyBernie

I'm really starting to wonder if those few times we managed to control the game was all down to Xavi ignoring Lucho's instructions.

I don't think so. I think Lucho knows what he's going to get when he puts Xavi on the field, and doesn't field him when he wants something else. Regardless of other aspects of his game, Xavi is still the best "moving pivot" player in the world, and it's like adding an extra player.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I'm really starting to wonder if those few times we managed to control the game was all down to Xavi ignoring Lucho's instructions.

Well either that or (God forbid) the Don all our other mids are chicken headed idiots.

Xtroverto

Today he bacame the first player in European football history to win 100 matches in the European cups, 91 in Champions League, 7 in the UEFA Cup and 2 in the European Super Cup :beer2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans