Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

BerkeleyBernie

When it was 10v11 and APOEL was trying to close Barça down, he was still sneaking through tight angles where I thought he might get picked off. Looked like 24 tonight, not 34. Still brilliant.

Alik

Doesnt say much now does it ?

Xavi is the last player for whom Lucho should be criticised. Last season Xavi looked like a player who needed to retire. This season he's looking fresh and has been one of the best players in the squad.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
He is letting him play as a Cam against espanyol and it isnt the first the he has done that if im not mistaken.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
At this moment if it's between him and Iniesta (and we saw we can't cope with Madrid with both of them on the pitch), my pick is Xavi.
Curiously, to me, he even looks more motivated than Iniesta or Busquets.

At this moment if it's between him and Iniesta (and we saw we can't cope with Madrid with both of them on the pitch), my pick is Xavi.
Curiously, to me, he even looks more motivated than Iniesta or Busquets.
I would second your point about Xavi's form/enthusiasm, but I don't think that would be our best option from a tactical standpoint. IMO, we need to sacrifice possession in order to create more space for MSN, but at the same time we need to have a strong link between our attack and midfield to make it work –*and that's why Iniesta role is so crucial in this case. So if we're not fielding an AM+double pivot against big teams, then we should at least consider playing Masch as defensive RB instead of Alves, and Rakitic for Xavi.

BerkeleyBernie

Not sure why Xavi didn't make this pass to Pedro. Maybe because Bailly was having an excellent game and thought Xavi thought he'd close Pedro down too quickly. But sure looked like a ton of space in behind, and no one tracked Pedro's run.

espanyol-xavi-pedro-01.jpg

espanyol-xavi-pedro-02.jpg

anguy

He is letting him play as a Cam against espanyol and it isnt the first the he has done that if im not mistaken.

He's not really a CAM, just left midfielder. He wasn't attacking more than Rakitic, if they are both on pitch only Messi is our AM.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Hypothetically, would Xavi be illegible for coaching Barca next season? Would he require a licence and if so how long would it take to obtain?

M

Madara Uchiha

Hypothetically, would Xavi be illegible for coaching Barca next season? Would he require a licence and if so how long would it take to obtain?

Giggs coached Man U at the end of last season no problem so I'm guessing Xavi should be able to as well...

Noex

The Swedish Wizard
Just bought my last Xavi jersey (possibly) and i do hope Xavi coach Barca in the future :D

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
The best thing for me is that he seems to be making an effort, and after all his years and trophies, that's unvaluable...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans