Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mido

You are really deluded if you think that if we played Xavi every week he would get back to his peak level.

I've never ever ever ever said that Xavi should play every week. What I am saying is that he could play more and that would help us more. When I see that Xavi played less than Pedro and just a little bit more than Rafinha, that tears my heart.

Xavi should play 60 min per week, not 15...

Gnidrologist

Some of you quickly forget how mad most of people here were last season, when most of what Xavi did was making safe sideways passes and almost never risked to make an opportunistic through ball. He is a stubborn tiki-taka incarnate and will only disrupt the fast counter attacking play we are having now. As mentioned several times here, he has his purposes in certain situations, when what is needed is exactly what he does best -slows the game down.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
I've never ever ever ever said that Xavi should play every week. What I am saying is that he could play more and that would help us more. When I see that Xavi played less than Pedro and just a little bit more than Rafinha, that tears my heart.

I agree we could benefit from playing Xavi slightly more but his time as an automatic starter, especially in big games, is over. He is 35 and although he is still a good player, and an all time great, he simply isn't as suited to our game now as someone like Rakitic is.

You branded people as 'Xavi haters' in another thread which quite frankly couldn't be further from the truth. I ,like everyone else, think Xavi is one of the all time great midfielders but that phase of his career has ended. It seems that you cannot accept that and haven't moved on. Fingers crossed that Xavi will retire at the end of this year so he can put you out of your misery.

Mido

I agree we could benefit from playing Xavi slightly more but his time as an automatic starter, especially in big games, is over. He is 35 and although he is still a good player, and an all time great, he simply isn't as suited to our game now as someone like Rakitic is.

You branded people as 'Xavi haters' in another thread which quite frankly couldn't be further from the truth. I ,like everyone else, think Xavi is one of the all time great midfielders but that phase of his career has ended. It seems that you cannot accept that and haven't moved on. Fingers crossed that Xavi will retire at the end of this year so he can put you out of your misery.

- Never said that Xavi should be an automatic starter

- When I read some comments about Xavi, I smell that there are some harsh unjustified critics. Never said that you were one amongst them

- I do believe that Xavi leaving this summer would be a massive mistake... --> without any replacement. Apart from Samper, who still has to progress, I can't think of any other player at Barca this season who has some similar qualities to Xavi.

Let's not forget that without Busquets, Iniesta, Xavi, Alves and Messi, Barca would never had developed one of the most beautiful games in football history.

When it comes to Rakitic, I'll repeat what I said from the 1000th time : he's a solid player, with some excellent attributes, but I have a strong feelnig that he might be a liability against certain types of elite level teams.

pacp_96

- Well how could Xavi play 60mins a week if he wasn't a starter?

- Critics in the sense that they understand that Xavi is not the player he was

- True but then again if we don't play with as much control as we used to then the Xavi type of player is not as necessary as it was.

Vilarrubi

Since when has a good consistent midfield had one of the midfielders playing for only 60 minutes per week??? This would make our team disjointed and confused.. The midfielder coming on for the last 30 minutes would be lacking in confidence etc.. it's a poor suggestion really.

Mido

- Well how could Xavi play 60mins a week if he wasn't a starter?

- Critics in the sense that they understand that Xavi is not the player he was

- True but then again if we don't play with as much control as we used to then the Xavi type of player is not as necessary as it was.

It's an average. He could, for instance, play 90 min vs Rayo and 30 vs Eibar = 60 min per week

pacp_96

Xavi (35) has decided to leave at the of season. Will most likely accept 3-year offer from Qatari team. NY City option difficult. [marca]

Via @BarcaStuff.

Doubt he would sign a 3 year contract.

G

Gasgas

Xavi (35) has decided to leave at the of season. Will most likely accept 3-year offer from Qatari team. NY City option difficult. [marca]

Via @BarcaStuff.

Now we can focus on the future

G

Gasgas

Via @BarcaStuff.

Now we can focus on the future

khaled_a_d

Via @BarcaStuff.

It is Marca
And didn't Xavi said that last summer he made the decision late? I don't think he will make a decision b4 summer tbh .anything till then is probably ps
That said ,if we won a major trophy this year like Liga/CL I can see him leaving , Carrying a big trophy as the team captain would be a gr8 end to his career here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans