Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
They really need to rest him, no matter how much Barca might need him, his injuries do not need to be any worse. And Spain doesn't need any more blows to their world cup roster when enough players are already injured

lol, barca comes first for Xavi, so if he wants to play, he will...

Juan03

rest him tuesday, we shouldn't need him vs tenerife (no disrespect). Toure can cover for him well enough and Messi upfront can eat that defense

XaviMessiGirl

Yeah I'm not saying he doesn't want to play, it's obvious he does but in the long run would that really be smart? I'm saying he should rest for Tenerife at least, I think it's better he not play an easy match than get worse and not be able to play at all the other two matches and then in the WC.

fareast

Yeah I'm not saying he doesn't want to play, it's obvious he does but in the long run would that really be smart? I'm saying he should rest for Tenerife at least, I think it's better he not play an easy match than get worse and not be able to play at all the other two matches and then in the WC.

Yes I agree, rest him and play with Toure-Busquets-Keita for Tenerife match, he can play again for Sevilla though..

jairzinho

Resting Xavi ?.. It all sounds so nice..but its not going to happen. Not with Pep. Besides, its all hands on deck at this stage. Pep is not really known for the 'resting players' policy. He has hardly ever done it. Plus with the way things are going, we cannot make any mistakes at this stage of the season. No team should be underestimated, which is what pep always preaches. From now till the title is won, we can expect to see a full strength lineup for every game, even against relegation strugglers. But then again, maybe he will. :p

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Yes I agree, rest him and play with Toure-Busquets-Keita for Tenerife match, he can play again for Sevilla though..

Busquets was also in doubt for Villarreal, so I think it's best if we rest him as well. Maybe JDS or Thiago?

Merv

Read on Marca that he played with a 3 inch tear. That sounds severe. Considering I haven't read it anywhere else I was wondering if anyone else has seen/heard this?

Nevermind, read back and saw Gneg mentioned it was 3cm. Still, that cannot be good. :(

Last edited:

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Read on Marca that he played with a 3 inch tear. That sounds severe. Considering I haven't read it anywhere else I was wondering if anyone else has seen/heard this?

Nevermind, read back and saw Gneg mentioned it was 3cm. Still, that cannot be good. :(

A lot better than 3 inches though. :p

barca96

Resting Xavi ?.. It all sounds so nice..but its not going to happen. Not with Pep. Besides, its all hands on deck at this stage. Pep is not really known for the 'resting players' policy. He has hardly ever done it. Plus with the way things are going, we cannot make any mistakes at this stage of the season. No team should be underestimated, which is what pep always preaches. From now till the title is won, we can expect to see a full strength lineup for every game, even against relegation strugglers. But then again, maybe he will. :p

i noticed that too. he didnt rest messi nor xavi when he had the luxury of resting them when we were up by multiple goals.
so i dont expect him to change now..hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans